Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Leaving?
Looks like the '09 recruiting class is about to come to an end and Kentucky, as of today, has 16 scholarship players, 17 if Meeks comes back. Who will be leaving?
If Meeks stays in the draft we have Patterson, Miller, Stevenson, Galloway, Harris, Pilgrim, Liggins, Orton, Hood, Cousins, Bledsoe, Dodson, and Hood as our 13 scholarship players. If Meeks returns he will replace either Pilgrim, Liggins, or Galloway. Cal said all seniors will keep their scholarship so im not sure if this applies to Galloway or not. That leaves Liggins or Pilgrim, I really hope with bledsoe and wall and the recruits we're looking at for next year he lets liggings go. However, Cal recruited Liggins while he was at Memphis and he is really big on him. As for Pilgrim there is talk that Cal hasn't been very pleased with his play during there workouts, but he is very intrigued by his physical ability.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:As for Pilgrim there is talk that Cal hasn't been very pleased with his play during there workouts, but he is very intrigued by his physical ability.
Thats funny. The reports I heard was that Coach Cal was surprised at how far he has developed and was delighted in that fact. Cal even said that Pilgrim was ahead of other players, whom I don't know.

I say Harrelson and Galloway will lose their schollys. Liggins is a possibility. Harris would be another I would pick.
I forgot Stewart. I say he leaves.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:If Meeks stays in the draft we have Patterson, Miller, Stevenson, Galloway, Harris, Pilgrim, Liggins, Orton, Hood, Cousins, Bledsoe, Dodson, and Hood as our 13 scholarship players. If Meeks returns he will replace either Pilgrim, Liggins, or Galloway. Cal said all seniors will keep their scholarship so im not sure if this applies to Galloway or not. That leaves Liggins or Pilgrim, I really hope with bledsoe and wall and the recruits we're looking at for next year he lets liggings go. However, Cal recruited Liggins while he was at Memphis and he is really big on him. As for Pilgrim there is talk that Cal hasn't been very pleased with his play during there workouts, but he is very intrigued by his physical ability.

Don't forget Wall. Cal also said he was very impressed with Harrelson.
I say Liggins, Stewart, and Pilgrim will lose their scholly's
sumj45 Wrote:I say Liggins, Stewart, and Pilgrim will lose their scholly's
Why you say Pilgrim for? I honestly think with Patterson, Orton, Cousins that Pilgrim works better with them. I think Stevenson is the odd man out of those guys. He is not as strong or as athletic as any of them. Plus is ball handling is atrocious.
Imagine if one of those young men was your son.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Why you say Pilgrim for? I honestly think with Patterson, Orton, Cousins that Pilgrim works better with them. I think Stevenson is the odd man out of those guys. He is not as strong or as athletic as any of them. Plus is ball handling is atrocious.
I say Pilgrim because he cant be as good as Stevenson. He may be a bigger body but the kid went to Hampton out of high school and Stevenson was recruited by UK. That should tell you who the better player is. That's why i think they take Pilgrims scholly. But it's not my choice, it's Coach Cal's.
sumj45 Wrote:I say Pilgrim because he cant be as good as Stevenson. He may be a bigger body but the kid went to Hampton out of high school and Stevenson was recruited by UK. That should tell you who the better player is. That's why i think they take Pilgrims scholly. But it's not my choice, it's Coach Cal's.

I dont agree with your post at all. Just because Pilgrim went to Hampton doesnt mean that he cant play or isnt good. Just because you dont go to a major D-1 school that doesnt mean that you are not good. Look at Stephen Curry. He didnt go to a major D-1 school and he was 1st team All-American last year. Plust Stevenson was recruited by Tubby Smith and he isnt exactly the best recreuiter there is out there.
NIKE2010 Wrote:I dont agree with your post at all. Just because Pilgrim went to Hampton doesnt mean that he cant play or isnt good. Just because you dont go to a major D-1 school that doesnt mean that you are not good. Look at Stephen Curry. He didnt go to a major D-1 school and he was 1st team All-American last year. Plust Stevenson was recruited by Tubby Smith and he isnt exactly the best recreuiter there is out there.

I didn't say Pilgrim wasn't any good or couldn't play. I just think Stevenson needs to keep his scholly over Pilgrim.
Here is what the depth chart should look like for the big men.

Starters
Patrick Patterson
DeMarcus Cousins

Bench (In order by number)
1. Daniel Orton
2. Perry Stevenson
3. Matt Pilgrim

This leaves Josh Harrellson and A.J. Stewart. I really can't tell you what will happen with these two players.
Say if Meeks does not come back and three that needs to go is A J Stewart, Mr. Turnover himself DeAndre Liggins and Galloway. There's no rioom for Stewart, Liggins and Galloway were both brought in by Gillispie so that should have told us something right off the bat and their play last season shows that neither can cut it so I say these three take a hike from the Wildat Nation and follow Billy Clyde wherever he may land.:Thumbs:
Harrellson, AJ Stewart, Liggins, Williams
You want to keep the older guys on the team so schollys open up earlier when they graduate
What will Landon Slone do?
Wildcat Blue Wrote:What will Landon Slone do?

He's visited Morehead, Western, Georgetown College, and some others, but a lot believe that he will either goto Georgetown College or a JUCO college for a season then hopefully getting another shot at another D1 school.

There's still a chance that he will stay with UK also.

IMO the following will not be on the roster after summer:

Kevin Galloway
Josh Harrellson
AJ Stewart
DeAndre Liggins (Only if Meeks comes back)
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kevin Galloway
Josh Harrellson
AJ Stewart
DeAndre Liggins (Only if Meeks comes back)

Looks about right to me, and it seems like Meeks will be back next year.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Thats funny. The reports I heard was that Coach Cal was surprised at how far he has developed and was delighted in that fact. Cal even said that Pilgrim was ahead of other players, whom I don't know.

I say Harrelson and Galloway will lose their schollys. Liggins is a possibility. Harris would be another I would pick.
I forgot Stewart. I say he leaves.

I hope what you've heard is more recent than things that I've heard on the radio and read on sites. I really hope Pilgrim stays because i think his potential is near the top with the players on our team. Galloway will be a senior, but since he transfered here I'm not sure if he fits under Cal's policy for seniors keeping there scholarships.

Amun-Ra Wrote:Why you say Pilgrim for? I honestly think with Patterson, Orton, Cousins that Pilgrim works better with them. I think Stevenson is the odd man out of those guys. He is not as strong or as athletic as any of them. Plus is ball handling is atrocious.

Once again I agree with you that Perry will be behind Pilgrim on the depth chart if Pilgrim is here, but I dont see Stevenson losing his scholarship. IMO Pilgrim should be the first big man off the bench.
blackcat Wrote:Don't forget Wall. Cal also said he was very impressed with Harrelson.

Not sure how I left him out, my head must have still been spinning after he picked the CATS!!!:rockon:
Well Cal said the seniors would all be back if they wanted to be, so that means Galloway, Meeks, Stevenson, and Harris will be back.

The sensational six that's coming in is Hood, Wall, Orton, Cousins, Dodson, and Bledsoe. So there is 10 scholarships.

Patterson and Miller are no brainers making 12 and Pilgrim will make 13. Thus meaning Stewart, Harrelson, and Liggins will be looking elsewhere.
let them flip a coin,lol
BCF4L Wrote:Well Cal said the seniors would all be back if they wanted to be, so that means Galloway, Meeks, Stevenson, and Harris will be back.

The sensational six that's coming in is Hood, Wall, Orton, Cousins, Dodson, and Bledsoe. So there is 10 scholarships.

Patterson and Miller are no brainers making 12 and Pilgrim will make 13. Thus meaning Stewart, Harrelson, and Liggins will be looking elsewhere.

Agreed!
I could have sworn that I said the same thing as BCF4L
Navajo4life Wrote:I could have sworn that I said the same thing as BCF4L
LOL sorry, I didn't bother reading replies. Plus, I showed my work of how I got my answer; just like in Math class. :biggrin:
I think some folks on here have their numbers wrong. I saw some that said three players have to leave even if Meeks goes pro, but that's not the case. If he stays in the draft, UK is two over; if he comes back, it is three over.

Assuming Meeks returns, here's the current breakdown, by class:

Seniors (4): Meeks, Stevenson, Harris, Galloway
Juniors (4): Patterson, Stewart, Harrelson, Pilgrim
Sophs (2): Miller, Liggins
Newcomers (6): Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, Orton, Hood, Dodson

That makes 16, or 15 if Meeks leaves. Personally, I still think Meeks comes back, because I don't see him drafted any higher than the mid-second round. So that leaves UK 3 over the limit.

Stewart is probably the most probable transfer. The rumor on campus is that Liggins may be an academic casualty, which would take care of another one. Liggins could also decide to transfer on his own, due to the expected loss of playing time with Wall and Bledsoe both coming in. Galloway will not be asked to leave as per Coach Cal's declaration that all seniors are safe, but he could choose to leave since he will likely sit the bench most of the season. Other transfer possibilities include Harrelson (who doesn't seem to want to leave), Harris (medical concerns), and Stevenson (not likely, but looks to be seeing a lot less playing time as well).
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When will the legit roster come out, and their schedule?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Here is what the depth chart should look like for the big men.

Starters
Patrick Patterson
DeMarcus Cousins

Bench (In order by number)
1. Daniel Orton
2. Perry Stevenson
3. Matt Pilgrim

This leaves Josh Harrellson and A.J. Stewart. I really can't tell you what will happen with these two players.

I agree.