Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bishop Brossart Mustangs
15.00%
Betsy Layne Bobcats
85.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart @ Betsy Layne (Aug. 21st) Broadcast: www.900wlsi.com
6th Annual Bobcat Bowl.

Long trip for the mustangs. I will make my prediction later.
Need to get a poll going in this thread. Ill make my prediction later as well.
BL by 5 TD's
I like the Bobcats as well. They are a very much improved team this season and I think will turn some heads in their district. The Mustangs, on the other hand have their work cut out for them again this season as last season they couldn't bring home a victory.

Betsy Layne - 40
Bishop Brossart - 7

Good luck to both!
I'll take Betsy Layne by a few touchdowns.

Best of luck to both!
Honestly, IMO, Brossart may not score a TD this year. That's not meant to be a slam towards them, it's just that they would be challenged to put up a good game against Freshman squads. They just have no numbers. Their best players have given up the ghost of thinking that they could be part of an upstart football program and have went on to concentrate on their primary sport. There is not a single player on the Mustang squad that is a "Football" player. They all play another sport and play football as something to do.
I'll take the Bobcats winning this one 32-6
Betsy Layne bigly. Somewhere in the area of 56-0.
Bobcats....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
This game will be broadcast on 104.5 FM/960 WPRT Prestonsburg, 900 WLSI Pikeville and 1400 WBTH Williamson.

Also it will be broadcast online at www.900wlsi.com click on the sports link or listen live links on the page.
I'll say...

Betsy Layne - 38
Bishop Brossart - 0
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Gotta go with the Bobcats;
BL--32
BB--0
Hope both teams stay injury free. Good luck guys.
I know very little about Betsy Layne. But I do believe Bishop Brossart will score some TD's. They're offense is looking much improved than last year. Should be a god test for both teams.
I think people are not giving brossart enough credit. They aren't that bad of a team. They are in the toughest district in the state.

It will be a slobber knocker!!!!!
Can't wait for some Friday night football and to see what the BOBCATS has this season.GO BOBCATS:Cheerlead
it will be a good game but the bob-cats will win
Stardust Wrote:Honestly, IMO, Brossart may not score a TD this year. That's not meant to be a slam towards them, it's just that they would be challenged to put up a good game against Freshman squads. They just have no numbers. Their best players have given up the ghost of thinking that they could be part of an upstart football program and have went on to concentrate on their primary sport. There is not a single player on the Mustang squad that is a "Football" player. They all play another sport and play football as something to do.

So what is Brossart known for there history in sports that is, and who is the head football coach do u no anything about him? Just curious...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Stardust Wrote:Honestly, IMO, Brossart may not score a TD this year. That's not meant to be a slam towards them, it's just that they would be challenged to put up a good game against Freshman squads. They just have no numbers. Their best players have given up the ghost of thinking that they could be part of an upstart football program and have went on to concentrate on their primary sport. There is not a single player on the Mustang squad that is a "Football" player. They all play another sport and play football as something to do.

I've drive passed their practice field even stopped and watch once. Counted 31 players, with some big linemen. They looked OK. Was throwing the ball around pretty well and had enough to do 11 0n 11 drills. They look like they can defeat more than just freshman teams.
Good luck BL! Im rooting for ya.
betsylaynealum Wrote:I think people are not giving brossart enough credit. They aren't that bad of a team. They are in the toughest district in the state.

It will be a slobber knocker!!!!!

They're currently 0'fer as a football school. (0-20, I believe.) At this point at the start of season 3, they're still in WAY over their heads. Just because the rest of the district is tough, and it is, doesn't mean that Brossart is competitive. This game should go a long way toward telling us if they'll finish the season still winless.
I'm hoping they pull one off, but I think they'd be better off if they were still playing a JV schedule.
Brossart by two TD's. Can't go against a NKY team:Cheerlead