Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the top freshman players for this year?
Ashley Hall from Magoffin she does not get the attention that the starters does but she comes in and seems to get the key rebound or steal when they need it she needs to work on her outside shot from what i have seen she has the tools to be a really good player when its her time
defense is also one of her strong points
"58thdistrictfan" Wrote:Danyell Tackett and Jessie Tackett??? Puhhlease!! Danyell has more potential to be a contributor than does the other...basketball does not come natural to Jessie. U can tell she has to work so hard at it...it looks like she is running the steps through her mind before she even does anything..

is that the redheaded girl?
yeah it is
"58thdistrictfan" Wrote:Danyell Tackett and Jessie Tackett??? Puhhlease!! Danyell has more potential to be a contributor than does the other...basketball does not come natural to Jessie. U can tell she has to work so hard at it...it looks like she is running the steps through her mind before she even does anything..

ive watched danielle and jessica tackett play @ alice lloyd college's bball camp and i think she is pretty good. Given she may not be one of the best in the region but it does come natural to her...it dont look like shes thinking of ne thing b4 she does it...to be a post player she is extremely quick she has long arms and legs to steal and deflect the ball...she does work hard but its not because she has to...u always dog this girl on other posts...y dont u like her...have u evr tlked 2 her?
"bball_blondie167" Wrote:ive watched danielle and jessica tackett play @ alice lloyd college's bball camp and i think she is pretty good. Given she may not be one of the best in the region but it does come natural to her...it dont look like shes thinking of ne thing b4 she does it...to be a post player she is extremely quick she has long arms and legs to steal and deflect the ball...she does work hard but its not because she has to...u always dog this girl on other posts...y dont u like her...have u evr tlked 2 her?

Aren't you the same person who didn't think dean was good? i really don't understand this...:confused:
I think Danielle and Jessica r both really good players to b freshmans..and they will juss keep gettin better over the next couple years.
I am getting so sick and tired of reading about these 2 players on here! I have yet to miss a sf girls game in yrs. These two young ladies are good individuals, but they are poor basketball talent--jessica more so than danielle. Danielle does have some potential; she is not that bad, but she is nowhere near being the best freshman in the 15th. As far as Jessica goes, she has no hope. She is not a natural talent--she is not good now nor will she be in the future. What is up with this place?? What a disgrace. U ppl would post good comments on a monkey's talent if u could. wow!
ashley hall from magoffin. Several girls from central and paintsville. and of course pike central's young talent
Sammy King from Knott... Shes an 8th grader but plays like a sophmore.. Shes a great rebounder and she keeps her head in the game.
Also, Hayley Meek from Johnson Central, daughter of former standout player Harry Meek.
Knott has alot of young talent. They have some really good shooters and rebounders for their size. It has showed when they beat teams with 2 o 3, 6 foot girls and not to mention they beat the number 4 team in the 14th region which was Leslie.
sf has some good freshman
i think that Rainy Mosley #41, Brittany Chaffins #3, and Tonya Bowens #25 from lawrence county
From Magoffin Ashley Hall, Felicia Prater, & Katelyn Minix all look to be stars later on. Excellent Freshman players.
"58thdistrictfan" Wrote:I am getting so sick and tired of reading about these 2 players on here! I have yet to miss a sf girls game in yrs. These two young ladies are good individuals, but they are poor basketball talent--jessica more so than danielle. Danielle does have some potential; she is not that bad, but she is nowhere near being the best freshman in the 15th. As far as Jessica goes, she has no hope. She is not a natural talent--she is not good now nor will she be in the future. What is up with this place?? What a disgrace. U ppl would post good comments on a monkey's talent if u could. wow!

oh!! I see now!!! ur an ALL-STAR!!!! o wait ....do u just think u r?!?!?
That Hall girl from MC
ashley hall- hazard
I know shes not a freshman...but what does everbody think about that little 6th grader Ashley Castle that plays for South Floyd. I've watched her play a couple of times in varsity games and she is pretty good.
"volley_coach14" Wrote:I know shes not a freshman...but what does everbody think about that little 6th grader Ashley Castle that plays for South Floyd. I've watched her play a couple of times in varsity games and she is pretty good.

i like watching that kid play...no matter how she plays or what happens 2 her she keeps on laughing and smiling...i think shes only like 3'5
Ashley Hall of Hazard
I say that JC has the best freshmans in the 15th region they start 3 to 4 freshman every game
which they also got two more freshman that come off the bench an helps the team out alot
so yes i would say that JCHS has some of the top freshman
:wenumber1
"JCHSMADMAN" Wrote:I say that JC has the best freshmans in the 15th region they start 3 to 4 freshman every game
which they also got two more freshman that come off the bench an helps the team out alot
so yes i would say that JCHS has some of the top freshman
:wenumber1

i def. agree
"raider_b-ball_24" Wrote:i like watching that kid play...no matter how she plays or what happens 2 her she keeps on laughing and smiling...i think shes only like 3'5

I must agree wit you 100%! :thumb: I saw her play at Johson Central. She only got to play during the last 1:00 of the game and she was fearless out there with those older girls. She hit a 3 just before the buzzer sounded and the whole place went wild!:dance: It was the most awsome thing I have seen this year and I have seen a lot of games! I spoke with her coach after the game and he said if she was about 6" taller she would be playing a whole lot more!

As far as top freshman, JCHS definatley has the top in the Region. They are loaded! The Salyers girl has started at the point since she was in the 7th grade!