Poll: Who Gets #1 Seed for Playoffs?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Clay County
6.67%
Harlan County
3.33%
Letcher County Central
10.00%
North Laurel
0%
Perry County Central
33.33%
Whitley County
46.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 5A District 8
you didnt just let whitley beat you, pcc beat you last year too. i just dont think letcher is consistent enough. perry has a better defense and offense in my opinion, so im picking them by 2 or 3 tds.

but i still think whitley will win the district. some teams will probably play within a td or 2 though of them.
I think perry co. cent has a real good chance for that #1
cougarpride08 Wrote:You have got to be kidding me. I think that is a major statement saying Perry Central is going to beat us by three td's at Letcher Central. I know you have your opinion, but I think that is stretching it a bit.

Let's remember last year when everyone said we was going to win district, and then we come and let Whitley beat us. I think it is closer than what people think. I think we can play with Whitley if we don't cause any turnovers.

Whitley is much better than last year. This game may decide the district. But first PCC and that will be a tuff one. Very competitive district. I think Harlan will not make it at all. They have a lot of holes to fill.
Snare43 Wrote:Whitley is much better than last year. This game may decide the district. But first PCC and that will be a tuff one. Very competitive district. I think Harlan will not make it at all. They have a lot of holes to fill.

I disagree with that idt that Whitley is better than last years team they lost their 2 best players from last year didnt they?

But idk they could be better I havent watched them yet this year.
They are better.. we saw them. Just wait if they can regroup which I think they can you will see. Last year after they Bell game they didn't lose again till highlands and gave them all they wanted. Qb and full back is for real and wynn and the transfer from w'burg is preety good. If there is a question there line may have some work, but overall better. Talked to a couple old whitley coaches and they said much better team.
After reading some of past opinions i have come up with my own to someone saying pcc will beat letcher by 2 or 3 touchdowns. The game will be close through out and i really dont know who would win as of right now but i have seen both play this year and i was really impressed with pcc defense as they allowed fugate only 70 yards i beleive and pcc has never had much of run defense. LCC has a better passing game than pcc but with that little rabbit in the backfield or whatever you call him it may equal up the odds and i believe the running games are about the same. So as of right now if I can to make a pick i couldnt but whoever does win the game only wins by a touchdown or less.
Now for another opinion every team in this district will play with each other and the only way these teams win by more than two touchdowns is if they fold or quit.
I think it will be a lot more competetive than it was last year, i believe everybody knew whitley was gonna run threw it last year.

Whitley did lose there best two running backs from a year ago in Powers (1800 or so yards rushing) and Jones (1300 yards or so rushing) but the biggest thing they lost was these two guys leadership. Jones was a much better linebacker in my opinion and that killing Whitley on defense this year.

Whitley has to go to Clay, Perry, and Letcher this year i believe wich will make things that more interseting.

If Whitley can run there option offense effectively then they will win district again this year and probably run threw region again. The one thing that scres me the most is team speed. Bell kept great contain and didnt allow the Whitley backs the outside, but i dont think anybody in this district has the speed bell does and Whitley should be okay and should make a trip to Highlands this year but its played on the field and we will have to see.....should be some awesome gams in this district this year for sure...
The Whitley - LCC game is at Whitley County.
Youre right, my bad i was thinking of the playoff game Whitley had against them at home. I cant wait for this district to get started...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Youre right, my bad i was thinking of the playoff game Whitley had against them at home. I cant wait for this district to get started...

Amen to that.
Now that another week of football has been played has anyones opinion about whos going to win this district changed. My opinion is the same. Go Tigers!!!!!
i still think pcc will win it
by far the toughest district in the state top too bottom. i look for pcc or whitley to come out on top though.