Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Jones
just wondering if any one knew whats going on with him, i knew baltimore took him and just checked rooster and he is not there,if any one knws anything could you post it..thanksTongueirateSho
Ivan Lee told me David should be signing with a CFL team soon.
I wish him the best of luck in anything he does.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Ivan Lee told me David should be signing with a CFL team soon.

ok thank you, maybe he will get another shot sometime in the nfl
love any ex-wildcat, but i think he has the game for a practice squad at best, which deeply saddens me
he might be able to make a team for returning kicks and punts, but not for anything else
CFL would be good for him.
Good luck d-jones
Still can make some decent money for playing a game.
cuppett777 Wrote:just wondering if any one knew whats going on with him, i knew baltimore took him and just checked rooster and he is not there,if any one knws anything could you post it..thanksTongueirateSho
He was at Johnson Central just this past tuesday watching the JCMS/BMS game.
Word has it that he recently tried out with a professional baseball organization and liked it very much. He was indeed at the BMS/JC middle school game. He has been helping the 7th grade team. He was there along with another standout from BHS, Matt Maynard. I suggested they dress for the middle school at the half, but no one seemed to think they could get away with it.:biggrin:
ther is alot of tatet on that 7th grade team.. they just havent had a regular coach all season..that very team won the pike county championship last year they just need some coaching and the staff at bms is doing there best to do so but not having a steady coach makes it hard hopefully david can help them with the few games they have left.. and it is greatly appreciated for him to take time out to do so...
bucslover68 Wrote:Word has it that he recently tried out with a professional baseball organization and liked it very much. He was indeed at the BMS/JC middle school game. He has been helping the 7th grade team. He was there along with another standout from BHS, Matt Maynard. I suggested they dress for the middle school at the half, but no one seemed to think they could get away with it.:biggrin:

He certainly has the speed to be an attractive baseball recruit, but I would have to question his arm strength and his hitting ability, especially after not playing for some time now..but, I certainly wish him luck.

However, I do remember back like in '03, my eldest son pitched a one hitter against Belfry, and it was indeed Jones who broke up the no-hitter by beating out a slow roller for an infield single. Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think that Jones played anymore after that season.

As far as him dressing for the 7th grade game, lucky for him that he didn't. He escaped the potential wrath of JCMS's 109 lb. beast of a nose guard. Makes them SEC guys from Florida and Alabama look a bunch of wusses. haha:Clap:
Kurt Warner had to go through either the AFL or the CFL before he got his chance at the big time. So maybe this will get him noticed as a returner, punt and kick-off.