Belfry
Hazard
H.W.(Magoffin Co.)
Louisa(Lawrence)
Martin Co.
Johnson Co.
Johns Creek
Virgie

By far the most teams this league has had, and probably one of the better ones in the state.
Looks like a good field. Better be ready to play every night.
Can't wait for basketball season!
Johnson Central and Hazard should be the favorites to win this conference but every game should be a pretty decent game.
To bad you couldn't include B.L. grade school in this , they will be a powerhouse !
Saratoga_86 Wrote:To bad you couldn't include B.L. grade school in this , they will be a powerhouse !
ha ha u talking about the school of hold backs..i think this is so funny...POWER HOUSE....lol..lol..ha ha ha ha ...they r the talk of the county,,,every where u go people r making fun of them.....
the ville 4 Wrote:ha ha u talking about the school of hold backs..i think this is so funny...POWER HOUSE....lol..lol..ha ha ha ha ...they r the talk of the county,,,every where u go people r making fun of them.....

:please: First and foremost, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but , if your from where I think you are , and you're hating on holdbacks ( I'd like to know where you got you're info. ?) but, nonetheless, we'll put our roster up against any team in the surrounding counties, we learned from the best, if you think we're the only school in Floyd county with holdbacks, you need to do some research, and if you think the teams in surrounding counties aren't full of them, again do the research, ( I support these folks , to each their own ), but, to act like rules are being broken, we'll be more than glad to produce rosters, birth certificates , or anything else you require , Not, trying to be disrespectful, but, don't make false accusations without the facts, check your own roster and maybe it will surprise you (HMMMM !!!! ). Good luck, to you and yours in everything you do . :dontthink
NEXT Wrote:Belfry
Hazard
H.W.(Magoffin Co.)
Louisa(Lawrence)
Martin Co.
Johnson Co.
Johns Creek
Virgie

By far the most teams this league has had, and probably one of the better ones in the state.
This is one of the better conferences in the state.
Hazard
H.W.(Magoffin Co.)
Louisa(Lawrence)
Martin Co.
Johnson Co.
Johns Creek
Virgie

This is one of the better conferences in the state.
In defense of Betsy Layne, there are lots of schools in this area with hold backs. Nothing is wrong with the idea, especially when it is within the rules. Yes it makes it harder on certain teams to compete for a county title but it also gives these kids a extra year to mature. In that extra year, they can grow up enough to gain solid playing time on a high school team there freshman year and help them grow toward getting a full ride to a major school to play basketball in college. Look at how good things have worked out with Elisha Justice! The kid is going to play for Louisville next year. What everyone needs to realize though, thanks to really good AAU programs in this area, there can be more kids come from this area and play for high profile teams like Louisville. Dillion Hamiliton, Peyton Case and Chase Hall are all three D-1 talent if they continue to grow and mature. In Pike County, Dillion Meade, Dalton Richardson and Cameron Justice are D-1 talent too if they continue to mature. Of those six players though, 4 are hold backs. The other two would gain from holding back, not because there lack of skill but because there bodies have more time to mature. People keep attacking these children for holding back but it is the parents choice to hold them back. It happens everywhere though! Not just in Floyd County. In Pike County, Virgie is very bad for it but I am not complaining. I happen to help coach a team in Pike County that will have to compete with Virgie this year to win the Pike County Championship. People need to remember these are children, not grown adults! Saying what you are saying to these children is just ruining what should be the best years of these young mens lives!
new o Wrote:Johnson Central and Hazard should be the favorites to win this conference but every game should be a pretty decent game.

Virgie beat Hazard at Hazard last night 56-54!!!
EagleDad Wrote:Virgie beat Hazard at Hazard last night 56-54!!!

Impressive road win for the Eagles!
Very impressive. They lost the lead with around 1:30 left and kept their composure and got the job done! Great win for the Eagles against a tough Hazard team!
bball_fan Wrote:In defense of Betsy Layne, there are lots of schools in this area with hold backs. Nothing is wrong with the idea, especially when it is within the rules. Yes it makes it harder on certain teams to compete for a county title but it also gives these kids a extra year to mature. In that extra year, they can grow up enough to gain solid playing time on a high school team there freshman year and help them grow toward getting a full ride to a major school to play basketball in college. Look at how good things have worked out with Elisha Justice! The kid is going to play for Louisville next year. What everyone needs to realize though, thanks to really good AAU programs in this area, there can be more kids come from this area and play for high profile teams like Louisville. Dillion Hamiliton, Peyton Case and Chase Hall are all three D-1 talent if they continue to grow and mature. In Pike County, Dillion Meade, Dalton Richardson and Cameron Justice are D-1 talent too if they continue to mature. Of those six players though, 4 are hold backs. The other two would gain from holding back, not because there lack of skill but because there bodies have more time to mature. People keep attacking these children for holding back but it is the parents choice to hold them back. It happens everywhere though! Not just in Floyd County. In Pike County, Virgie is very bad for it but I am not complaining. I happen to help coach a team in Pike County that will have to compete with Virgie this year to win the Pike County Championship. People need to remember these are children, not grown adults! Saying what you are saying to these children is just ruining what should be the best years of these young mens lives!

Wow, you just said that.:eyeroll:
In defense of these young men ( and they need no defense !!! ) , people who live in glass houses , shouldn't throw rocks !!!! LET THEM PLAY !!!! LET THEM PLAY !!!! LET THEM PLAY !!!!!!
bball_fan Wrote:In defense of Betsy Layne, there are lots of schools in this area with hold backs. Nothing is wrong with the idea, especially when it is within the rules. Yes it makes it harder on certain teams to compete for a county title but it also gives these kids a extra year to mature. In that extra year, they can grow up enough to gain solid playing time on a high school team there freshman year and help them grow toward getting a full ride to a major school to play basketball in college. Look at how good things have worked out with Elisha Justice! The kid is going to play for Louisville next year. What everyone needs to realize though, thanks to really good AAU programs in this area, there can be more kids come from this area and play for high profile teams like Louisville. Dillion Hamiliton, Peyton Case and Chase Hall are all three D-1 talent if they continue to grow and mature. In Pike County, Dillion Meade, Dalton Richardson and Cameron Justice are D-1 talent too if they continue to mature. Of those six players though, 4 are hold backs. The other two would gain from holding back, not because there lack of skill but because there bodies have more time to mature. People keep attacking these children for holding back but it is the parents choice to hold them back. It happens everywhere though! Not just in Floyd County. In Pike County, Virgie is very bad for it but I am not complaining. I happen to help coach a team in Pike County that will have to compete with Virgie this year to win the Pike County Championship. People need to remember these are children, not grown adults! Saying what you are saying to these children is just ruining what should be the best years of these young mens lives!

Amen!! GREAT POST!!!:notworthy
Virgie defeated Magoffin Co. saturday night at virgie!!!!:rockon:
Any one got times.
Hazard
H.W.(Magoffin Co.)
Louisa(Lawrence)
Martin Co.
Johnson Co.
Johns Creek
Virgie

I heard Johnson Cent. was having two teams and was calling some OVC schools to get games and are also playing in the OVC pre-season tournament that starts Sat. in Grayson.
They have 2 8th grade and 7th grade teams with about 10 players on each. Everyone plays on 1 of the 4 teams only. Forty kids in these two grades and more than that were at try outs. Practice time is precious.
Yes Cart Man is correct JCMS has 4 teams this year:

Black A, Black B, Gold A, and Gold B...

Black A is top 10 8th, Black B is top 10 7th....