Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 43 Prestonsburg 28
Final
Jack pack and Teter struggling?
If Pburg could score they would be alot better..Amber Whitaker has go to learn to stay out of foul trouble,Megan Slone has to shoot more..Darcey is got to be a leader! I really think that Pburg might make some noise in the region..It will take a lil while though.Paintsville on the other hand will be tough this year.Jarrell looked decent tonight, had some real nice moves and pulled in some good rebouds.Kendra Carroll is one of the top players in the region.Paintsville is for real this year.
Some pics
Paintsville didnt play that great of a game but still got the big win on opening night.
Darcey definately needs to shoot more. Jarrell did look good last night but Prestonsburg doesn't have anyone that can match up with her when it comes to her size. Paintsville looked good, they should have a great year. Give Prestonsburg some time and they should make some noise. Congrats Tigers!
"Basketballer" Wrote:If Pburg could score they would be alot better..Amber Whitaker has go to learn to stay out of foul trouble,Megan Slone has to shoot more..Darcey is got to be a leader! I really think that Pburg might make some noise in the region..It will take a lil while though.Paintsville on the other hand will be tough this year.Jarrell looked decent tonight, had some real nice moves and pulled in some good rebouds.Kendra Carroll is one of the top players in the region.Paintsville is for real this year.
What game was you watching last night, neither team looked good. Both teams are badly out of shape! The only girl that Prestonsburg has to dribble and bring the ball up the floor is the Fields girl. Neither team showed very much last night. Their is no way that Prestonsburg should be the favorite to win the 58!
After some time Prestonsburg will be up there. they've got talented, smart players who know what they're doing.
nice win for the lady tigers!
"bubba gump" Wrote:What game was you watching last night, neither team looked good. Both teams are badly out of shape! The only girl that Prestonsburg has to dribble and bring the ball up the floor is the Fields girl. Neither team showed very much last night. Their is no way that Prestonsburg should be the favorite to win the 58!

Slone and Hicks are capable of bringing the ball up the floor. I guess that they just wanted Fields to bring it up last night. Paintsville looked good last night so I don't understand how you can say they didn't show much last night. Prestonsburg is a favorite to win the 58th, they just didn't play good last night.
"bubba gump" Wrote:What game was you watching last night, neither team looked good. Both teams are badly out of shape! The only girl that Prestonsburg has to dribble and bring the ball up the floor is the Fields girl. Neither team showed very much last night. Their is no way that Prestonsburg should be the favorite to win the 58!
lol..The same one that you were. That was the 2nd time I had seen Paintsville play, that was byfar their better performance..lol..Pburg should win the 58th, I see no competion other than Betsy Layne, As for Paintsville they are my 1 pick in the 15th(which you will see soon when I post the rankings)
basketballer do you think paintsville will beat Magoffin this year.If i remember right Magoffin beat them 3 times last year and they never lost anybody.p-ville lost a good guard last year (her name escapes me) I have watched both play already this year Ijust dont think p-ville can beat MCHS jmo
I think Magoffin will beat Paintsville!
Fan I do belive that will be a game to watch..lol..And I will be there to see it..I honstly think that they will split regular season games(each winning on home court) and then A GOOD chance they will meet again and then maybe a 4th time.The regional winner will come out of the 57th, which I believe at this moment to be the toughest district in the 15th
Paintsville stats:
L. Carroll 2 pts, 2 steals, 5 TO's
K. Carroll 13 pts, 5-13 FG, 6 reb, 2 assists, 2 steals
Jarrell 14 pts, 6-8 FG, 14 reb, 3 steals, 4 blocks
Russell 8 pts, 4-10 FG, 8 reb, 4 assists, 5 TO's

Based on Monday night's game, Paintsville is no way one of the top 5 teams in the region right now. They are out of shape and turn the ball over way too much. Paintsville should have put P-burg away when the score was 19-5. P-burg scored the next 7 points to make a game of it again. Paintsville will always turn the ball over when they are putting on a dribble exhibition like Monday night.

I was surprised at Jarrell's stats. She is in terrible shape and I didn't think she played very well because of it. I couldn't believe they didn't get her the ball more often. She only got 8 shots and 3 of those came off of offensive rebounds. 14 pts and 14 rebounds. Can you imagine what she would have done if she was in shape?

On a positive note. Paintsville could be very good. They did shoot the ball pretty decent (19-45 42%) and that was with missing 5-7 easy shots. When Jarrell gets in good shape, they will be 30+ points better than P-burg.

The # 12 girl for P-burg is a pretty good player. Too bad she has to play out of position. This girl would be real good on the wing. She can handle the ball and shoot.

Good luck to both teams.