Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Players Recieving Scholarship Offers
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:That would certainly be a shame! It would also be horrible PR for Tennessee and the coaching staff.

Lane Kiffin hasn't had any good PR yet anyway lol
Nice write up on Prestonsburg QB Michael Burchett by the CJ's Jody Demling.

Courier-Journal Wrote:One of the players seeing his stock raise more than most of the other prospects in the state is Prestonsburg High School quarterback Michael Burchett.

The 6-fot-3, 205-pound Burchett has put together a solid season, drawing interest from Purdue, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Duke and Miami of Ohio.

"My main goal was just to be a good leader," Burchett said. "We lost 13 seniors, so I wanted to help the team win. We're 9-0 and my stats are pretty good. I'm having a lot of fun."

Burchett has taken unofficial visits to Purdue and UK and might visit Miami this weekend followed by Vandy in the coming weeks. He doesn't have any offers yet.

"I want to play football and would rather it not be a small school," said Burchett, who has a 31 on his ACT and is a 4.0 student. "I'll just wait to see what happens."

After throwing for just under 1,700 yards as a junior, Burchett has completed 111 of 174 passes for 1,831 yards and 20 touchdowns - with only four interceptions - through nine games for the Black Cats. He's also rushed for 377 yards and seven more scores.

Burchett said colleges are looking at him as a quarterback.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dem...chett.html