Poll: Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
37.93%
Prestonsburg
62.07%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Game Never Played
I have been waiting for weeks to see if both teams would finish 10-0 and they both did. With less than 50 miles between the two schools I must ask..who would win between Prestonsburg and Lawrence County?
Ahhhhhhhh......hypotheticals...

They did actually meet in a preseason scrimmage at Huntington High. The scrimmage was pretty even between the two, and if you look at similar opponents, the scores are pretty similar too. It would be a really good game, probably pretty high scoring, and it may depend on special teams and home field advantage.

In short....who knows?
cat86 Wrote:Ahhhhhhhh......hypotheticals...

They did actually meet in a preseason scrimmage at Huntington High. The scrimmage was pretty even between the two, and if you look at similar opponents, the scores are pretty similar too. It would be a really good game, probably pretty high scoring, and it may depend on special teams and home field advantage.

In short....who knows?

Ahhh the glory of Eastern Ky football...Ive been wanting to ask this question to this forum for weeks now:devilflam
It could go either way.
StrayBullet Wrote:Ahhh the glory of Eastern Ky football...Ive been wanting to ask this question to this forum for weeks now:devilflam

How devilish of you....lol
Today I would say LC, tomorrow I would say Pburg. On Tuesday I'm not sure.
CatDawg Wrote:Today I would say LC, tomorrow I would say Pburg. On Tuesday I'm not sure.

I agree completely...at least for today :biggrin:
I'd take Lawrence.
I dunno, It would be a good game... I'd take the Blackcats though....
I watched both teams play SV. I would take LC. PBurg would struggle against their ground attack. Of course this is all hypothetical.
Wasn't LC on the P-burg sched. this year , but, chose to opt out of the contract ? Both schools are great ( only a ? , I'm not being disrespectful ) , good luck to both teams in the playoffs !
I think it would be a interesting game to say the least. But I think LC's depth at the skill positions would be to much. But who knows..
Would be a great game, but I would have to take Prestonsburg in this one
Just judging by the Valley games with both of them, I'm gonna go with Lawrence County. But, as everyone has said, either team could win, and it would be one heck of a game.
I would take P'burg. After playing one of the hardest schedules in '08, LC played one of the weakest (for them) this year. Gone were Belfry, Breathitt, Russell, Letcher, and P'burg. The Blackcats had some weak ones also, but they did play Belfry and Breathitt.
This would be a barn..burner....lc maybe...Tooo close to call
If the two played 10 times, I think they'd both win 5 apiece.

EKY folks should be very proud of these two teams!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If the two played 10 times, I think they'd both win 5 apiece.

EKY folks should be very proud of these two teams!

:1::1::rockon::Thumbs:
P-Burg IMO.
I would say that Lawrence is the better team and would win rather easy but I've only seen each team play 1 time against shelby valley. Lawrence is just too deep and fast although the passing game of P-burg would lead to some points, but in the end my imaginary score would be........Lawrence-42 P-burg-18