Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, Let's Talk About Flip Floppers
:wtf1:

Sorry Beef, you reminded me how pissed I got when people started saying Kerry was a flip flopper and W wasn't

Click on the picture.
BUSH'S FLIP FLOPS

Bush is against campaign finance reform; then he's for it.

Bush is against a Homeland Security Department; then he's for it.

Bush is against a 9/11 commission; then he's for it.

Bush is against an Iraq WMD investigation; then he's for it.

Bush is against nation building; then he's for it.

Bush is against deficits; then he's for them.

Bush is for free trade; then he's for tariffs on steel; then he's against them again.

Bush is against the U.S. taking a role in the Israeli Palestinian conflict; then he pushes for a "road map" and a Palestinian State.

Bush is for states right to decide on gay marriage, then he is for changing the constitution.

Bush first says he'll provide money for first responders (fire, police, emergency), then he doesn't.

Bush first says that 'help is on the way' to the military ... then he cuts benefits

Bush-"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. Bush-"I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care.

Bush claims to be in favor of the environment and then secretly starts drilling on Padre Island.

Bush talks about helping education and increases mandates while cutting funding.

Bush first says the U.S. won't negotiate with North Korea. Now he will

Bush goes to Bob Jones University. Then say's he shouldn't have.

Bush said he would demand a U.N. Security Council vote on whether to sanction military action against Iraq. Later Bush announced he would not call for a vote

Bush said the "mission accomplished" banner was put up by the sailors. Bush later admits it was his advance team.

Bush was for fingerprinting and photographing Mexicans who enter the US. Bush after meeting with Pres. Fox, he's against it.
Are those real quotes?
Bush flipflopped alot more than Kerry and I would stand by PeeWee Herman as President before I would vote for Bush. I have posted the link on Bush before and if needed, I will find it and post it again....Bush's "resume`" reallllly shows what kind of character he is. Good information CE. Nothing personal Beef, I just cannot stand Bush with every fiber in me.
The ones with him cussing probably aren't "real quotes". At least, not him in the public light.

What's wrong with peewee herman?

At first I didn't know what you meant, and I thought 'flip-floppers' were the guys who wear flip-flops to school everyday...in winter.
LoL...I have to admit I thought of actualy flip-flops to Reiz. I showed the pic to my mom and she laughed and said she agreed that we didnt get the person we voted for. NOTE: My mom voted for Kerry not Bush...lol
DT probably has no idea what everyone's talking about. I'm suprised she knew who ran for President..lol
I voted for bush.. and if i had to do it over again.. I would vote the same way..
I hate Bush just as much as the next guy, but he won and he doesn't have to run again so there's really nothing to prove with these posts...It's not going to change anything and it's not going to change the way he does anything...Bush sucks, and Kerry sucked too..It's bad when both candidates are terrible and neither one them are good at all...
alfus21 Wrote:I hate Bush just as much as the next guy, but he won and he doesn't have to run again so there's really nothing to prove with these posts...It's not going to change anything and it's not going to change the way he does anything...Bush sucks, and Kerry sucked too..It's bad when both candidates are terrible and neither one them are good at all...
You hit the nail on the head there. Bush is the worst president, but I don't think Kerry would have been any better.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I voted for bush.. and if i had to do it over again.. I would vote the same way..
Amen CTD :thumb: Same here
Haha Balla...at least I know Vermont and New Mexico are states!
DTfan Wrote:Haha Balla...at least I know Vermont and New Mexico are states!

So I'm not good at geography, big deal...lol
But still...it's in the U.S...you should've learned that forever ago!
I wouldn't vote for Bush under any circumstances
I felt Bush was the lesser of 2 evils, the democrats dropped the ball by running a overly liberal idiot with a idiot for a wife, everytime she spoke he lost votes.
I voted with heart and wrote in Jesse ventura. the only honest politician I have ever heard speak.
The major problem and is people wont vote and then all we do is bellyache.
If you want to make a difference get off your butt and get your friends to go vote, one way or the other.
Doc--your statement says something about the state of this country--we should never have to pick between the "lesser of two evils"

The big problem here is that America cares more about the "politics of personal destruction" as opposed to fixing the problems here.

I don't agree that Bush was the lesser of two evils--and the majority of the country feels the same way right now. I say--shame on them. It wasn't like he was doing a great job in his first term. But then again--Bill Clinton should thank GOD every night--because it has taken a joker like George Jr. to make the country forget about Bill's short falls (which were no ones business anyway).

There are two questions that I have for the people of this country:
1. How do you go from the largest budget surplus in American history to the largest deficit--and then have the nerve to say that the economy is doing well?

2. How do you start a war, with information that is touted as "undeniable proof of Weapons of Mass Destruction" then have the nerve to down play it--and IGNORE it when it turns out to be incorrect--and refusing to take responsibility?

That, my friend, is not the "lesser of two evils" it is nothing but EVIL.

I hope George Jr. feels good about trying to clear his Daddy's name. Because that is all that this war was about to begin with.
I think the democratic party would've had a better chance if John Edwards was the head candidate for President....
Probably so BB...I would've voted but I wasn't of age and I won't be until March so maybe next time...
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:But then again--Bill Clinton should thank GOD every night--because it has taken a joker like George Jr. to make the country forget about Bill's short falls (which were no ones business
anyway).

I hope George Jr. feels good about trying to clear his Daddy's name.
Because that is all that this war was about to begin with.

Bill Clinton was the greatest president that this country has ever had. He signed into law measurements to revitalize the economy and renew the American community. He won Congressional approval of a massive deficit reduction plan to boost standards and create jobs. There was a barrier-breaking trade agreement with Mexico and aid to Russia. Also he made tax cuts for small businesses and the working poor. The Brady Bill was also a big thing which required a waiting period before gun purchase.

Under President Clinton's leadership, almost 6 million new jobs were created in the first two years of his Administration -- an average of 250,000 new jobs every month.

In 1994, the economy had the lowest combination of unemployment and inflation in 25 years.

As part of the 1993 Economic Plan, President Clinton cut taxes on 15 million low-income families and made tax cuts available to 90 percent of small businesses, while raising taxes on just 1.2 percent of the wealthiest taxpayers.

President Clinton signed into law the largest deficit reduction plan in history, resulting in over $600 billion in deficit reduction. The deficit is going down for 3 years in a row for the first time since Harry Truman was president.

And yes, the only reason that George W. considered going to war with Iraq was to finish what his daddy started and couldn't. People are starting to get real antsy about the rising price of oil, particularly those voters who have invested in SUV's and are finding their commutes to be getting nearly as costly as their mortgage payments, as the price of gasoline begins to near the $4/gallon mark. This is a great time for one of the presidential candidates to step in and save the day, gathering in November IOU's from the voters at the same time. George W. Bush, for one, probably thinks that would be a great move, particularly since, in the mind of at least one economic pundit, he was instrumental in causing the shortage in the first place. It's VERY simple, W does what makes Daddy happy.
thetribe Wrote:Bill Clinton was the greatest president that this country has ever had. He signed into law measurements to revitalize the economy and renew the American community. He won Congressional approval of a massive deficit reduction plan to boost standards and create jobs. There was a barrier-breaking trade agreement with Mexico and aid to Russia. Also he made tax cuts for small businesses and the working poor. The Brady Bill was also a big thing which required a waiting period before gun purchase.

Under President Clinton's leadership, almost 6 million new jobs were created in the first two years of his Administration -- an average of 250,000 new jobs every month.

In 1994, the economy had the lowest combination of unemployment and inflation in 25 years.

As part of the 1993 Economic Plan, President Clinton cut taxes on 15 million low-income families and made tax cuts available to 90 percent of small businesses, while raising taxes on just 1.2 percent of the wealthiest taxpayers.

President Clinton signed into law the largest deficit reduction plan in history, resulting in over $600 billion in deficit reduction. The deficit is going down for 3 years in a row for the first time since Harry Truman was president.

And yes, the only reason that George W. considered going to war with Iraq was to finish what his daddy started and couldn't. People are starting to get real antsy about the rising price of oil, particularly those voters who have invested in SUV's and are finding their commutes to be getting nearly as costly as their mortgage payments, as the price of gasoline begins to near the $4/gallon mark. This is a great time for one of the presidential candidates to step in and save the day, gathering in November IOU's from the voters at the same time. George W. Bush, for one, probably thinks that would be a great move, particularly since, in the mind of at least one economic pundit, he was instrumental in causing the shortage in the first place. It's VERY simple, W does what makes Daddy happy.

WOW! Thank goodness there is someone here that I agree with. Bill definitely made a lot more progress than nearly any other president. But his legacy was tarnished by something stupid. Personally, I would take him over a hypocrit like Georgie Jr. anyday of the week--even with the Lewinsky situation.

How many people do the same thing in the real world? Remember--a president is supposed to be a representation of our country--and there a lot of people who have done worse. The only difference is--Bill was still doing well for our country--and not getting us involved in a war that his Daddy couldn't win!

Right on thetribe!
Bill Clinton did what ever other president in office had, he just got caught.

And thank you KH.
thetribe Wrote:Bill Clinton was the greatest president that this country has ever had. He signed into law measurements to revitalize the economy and renew the American community. He won Congressional approval of a massive deficit reduction plan to boost standards and create jobs. There was a barrier-breaking trade agreement with Mexico and aid to Russia. Also he made tax cuts for small businesses and the working poor. The Brady Bill was also a big thing which required a waiting period before gun purchase.

Awesome post, tribe.
*takes a bow* Thank ya, thank ya.