Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th and 7th Grade
padd4pirate Wrote:that was the worst called game I've ever seen and believe me I've seen alot.

Does Mike Hall officiate basketball also? That won't be the first poorly officiated game in Paintsville!!!!
I watched R.W. Combs over the weekend and they were very impressive. They have several good guards including standout Braxton Beverly. Also had some very impressive third graders playing with them.
South Laurel's 7th grade is really good this year, they have a great group of all around players.
Virgie's 8th grade team looked pretty good this past weekend, and I believe they are mostly 7th and 6th graders. Bright future ahead for them.
Virgie does have a strong team that has potential indeed. They just need to work on not running out of steam. Their game against Hazard at BCI was quite the show. Hazard is a great team that I also enjoy to watch.

Well played game, boys.
boyd county 7th will be special down the road. medley kid really shines
Ockerman's 7th grade boys team is pretty good they have not lost a game in there 2 years at Ockerman, should find out how good they are at the state tourny.
Starting tomorrow (KBA) the sixth grade state tournament starts. I looked over the teams and the team to beat- without seeing other county schools- is Kammerer- Louisville. They are loaded. Their best player is a 6'2" sixth grader- cousin to Chris Dowe played for Eastern High last year. This sixth grader is the real deal. I have watched him destroy teams by himself. His best game was 46 points 22 rebounds. He is not just a post player. Next year he will be playing for Ballard's high school teams. Good luck ville schools.
He can flat play! The guys at Hoop Dreams did a great job with him!
Zonaboy Wrote:Starting tomorrow (KBA) the sixth grade state tournament starts. I looked over the teams and the team to beat- without seeing other county schools- is Kammerer- Louisville. They are loaded. Their best player is a 6'2" sixth grader- cousin to Chris Dowe played for Eastern High last year. This sixth grader is the real deal. I have watched him destroy teams by himself. His best game was 46 points 22 rebounds. He is not just a post player. Next year he will be playing for Ballard's high school teams. Good luck ville schools.

I am lookin forward to watchin him play. Please make sure you are there if they play RW Combs. Should be a great game. He should be a great candidate to play with the KY Elite 7TH GRADE TEAM.
You alll need to check out this kid Andrew Tackett from South Floyd. The way he can play any position handed to him his extra passes, the way he plays with the team not just him. This kid runs Fastbreaks like a breeze, His shots are nice and smooth and can put it in the paint anytime. And very very mature beyond his years. He's a fresh of breath air on the court..................
zac hall from allen central is also a player to watch he's about 6'0-6'1 he averages about 26 pts a game and can play point when needed...he can shoot the 3 every now and then
does anyone know the rankings in the 7th grade
Ockerman is now 33-0 over the last two years now. No game closer than about 15 points and could be more. Usually up by 25 - 30 and then everyone plays. They are led by one of the top players in the state Brendan Stanley, who can play any position on the floor, a great team leader.
Stanley is probably the best 7th grader in Kentucky but he would get embarrassed playing PG against some of the top players. He is very mature for his age and is dominate for the middle school level. Ockerman relies alot on him. Stop him, beat them! I like Knox Central or Southern to win the 7th grade state. Do not count out South Laurel, Clay County, or Wayne County. JCTMS is also very capable of winning it. Good luck to everyone!
I would have to say that Lawrence County 6th grade is the best that I have seen. I haven't seen R W Combs but Lawrence won the BCI state championship this year (2010) in the 12U division. Lawrence played Paintsville earlier in the year and won by at least 20.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:I would have to say that Lawrence County 6th grade is the best that I have seen. I haven't seen R W Combs but Lawrence won the BCI state championship this year (2010) in the 12U division. Lawrence played Paintsville earlier in the year and won by at least 20.

These are the best 6th grade teams I've seen in no order.
Lawrence, Pikeville, Hazard, R.W. Combs, and Paintsville. You could probably throw Belfry in there too but thats just my opinion.
I have not watched 6th grade but I thought Adair Co was suppose to be one of the best in the state? I know they played in some big tournment in Lex in the winter and only lost to some team called Kammerer, thier only loss on the year!
Braxton Beverley is a great player.
Adair County had a great team. They were runner-up in the middle school state tournament...their only loss of the season.