Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Equestrian Games will be held....
...in Kentucky....It's expected to draw over 300,000 people from around 180 different countries. They say it will be the biggest event to ever take place in the state of Kentucky. It may be, but I still don't think it will hold the same merit to Kentuckians like the Kentucky Derby does......

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/spo...323367.htm
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:...in Kentucky....It's expected to draw over 300,000 people from around 180 different countries. They say it will be the biggest event to ever take place in the state of Kentucky. It may be, but I still don't think it will hold the same merit to Kentuckians like the Kentucky Derby does......

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/spo...323367.htm

It may not hold the same merit, but this is huge for Lexington and the rest of the state of Kentucky...First time ever that this event has been held in North America...
Maybe not but it is big...I heard about it on the news a little bit ago...talk about it being crazy in Lexington then...
I heard about this a few weeks ago.. they still hadn't chose where they were having it then though...they said it would bring in millions of dollars for Kentucky also
They chose the horse park...I think thats what it's called...that place is beautiful...
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I heard about this a few weeks ago.. they still hadn't chose where they were having it then though...they said it would bring in millions of dollars for Kentucky also

An estimated 100 million dollars to be exact...This is bigger than anyone thinks, and people won't realize it until it happens...
Yea its crazy there when they have them at the Horse park, when i lived in G-Town, i would get off at that exit, and the days they would hold one of those events it was like being in downtown Lexington at rush hour, a mad house.
Batpuff Wrote:Yea its crazy there when they have them at the Horse park, when i lived in G-Town, i would get off at that exit, and the days they would hold one of those events it was like being in downtown Lexington at rush hour, a mad house.

It's crazy when they have what at the horse park?
Rolex of Kentucky to be one. but they hold many events there.
This is huge, indeed.
The state is building a new hotel at the horse park and arena just for this event.
Great news...I live about 5 minutes from the Horse Park so I expect to see a lot of construction around the horse park in the upcoming years. The arena they are building at the Horse Park looked pretty sweet.
this is great for Lex and KY.
Awesome.
First time to be held in North America and it's here. That is cool.