Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Brooks's Future?
I ran across this youtube today and decided that yes we are probley at least a month away from getting the actual answer but it is time to discuss. Where does Brook's go from here? He has led us to 4 straight bowl games. He and the coaching staff has solidified us as a threat in the SEC for the most part. I think if he had beat UT he would have def. left but that want to beat them is still there. The fire of Papaw is still there and he loves the state, fan base, team and university. Sounds like to me from this video that it is up to the admin on his future. I have spoke with several boosters that are close to him and his family and all of them say he wont talk to them or his family about his ideas of the future. Whats your opinon on this matter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQ8KC37UlU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Rich Brooks wants it to be about TENNESSEE!!![/ame]
I would not mind for coach Brooks to return. I just wonder how long Joker Phillips is willing to wait for the head coaching job?
lwc Wrote:I would not mind for coach Brooks to return. I just wonder how long Joker Phillips is willing to wait for the head coaching job?

Well, you would think that Joker knows tha Rich Brooks has 3 years remaining on his contract and would be prepared to wait that out.
rich brooks is a cat he should not go know where he changed the program around. the cats have done a complete 360 the past 4 years and the reason is for rich brooks...PAPAW STAY PLEASE....
I think Rich Brooks has done as much as he can with this program as he has built the foundation. Now he's got to let someone else come in and take us even further, whether that be Joker Phillips or someone else. But if coach Brooks decided to return for another season as the HC, I wouldn't mind at all.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think Rich Brooks has done as much as he can with this program as he has built the foundation. Now he's got to let someone else come in and take us even further, whether that be Joker Phillips or someone else. But if coach Brooks decided to return for another season as the HC, I wouldn't mind at all.

I dont think any UK fan would mind that. Brooks deserves to stay as long as he wants.
i think if PAPAW wins his 4th bowl game in a row, he may step down and let JOKER have his shot.........
leecoukfan Wrote:Well, you would think that Joker knows tha Rich Brooks has 3 years remaining on his contract and would be prepared to wait that out.

I did not know that piece of information.
He wants it to be about TENNESSEE! Haha. I could really care less what he does, but I think if I did care, I would feel a lot better about Brooks being the coach, rather than Phillips. Maybe he'd be a better head coach than he is an offensive coordinator, but I'm not sold on the idea.
I hope he stays until he's 100 years old! He has done a lot of great work and a complete turnaround of the program, hopefully he stays.