Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(6) WVU 90 Seton Hall 84 (OT)
Survived a 41 point outburst from Hatzel. Blew a 10 point lead in the final 50 seconds. Kevin Jones came up huge in the OT.
The game should not have been that close. BUT good teams find a way to win. That is what WVU did.
Wow, how do you blow a 10 point lead in 50 seconds
Ebanks missed the front end of a one+one and Butler traveled.
Wow, i didn't see this game but How did the Mountaineers crumble that fast?
If I'm not mistaken, Seton Hall scored a two and made it 75-67; Butler missed the front end of a 1 and 1 and Seton Hall scored a two making it 75-69; Ebanks missed the front end of a 1 and 1 and Seton Hall scored a two making it 75-71; travling was called on Wellington Smith at half court (I honestly believe Seton Hall's coach made that call) and Hazell hit a three making it 75-74 with 16 seconds; Butler hit two free throws 77-74; Hazell hit a long three with seven seconds; Ebanks missed a long three at the buzzer. All within :58. I would this happen now that in the Big East or NCAA tournaments. It was sloppy, but it is still a win.
Thanks Imagine for picking up my slack.
So basically bad freethrow shooting on the part of West Virginia?
WVU barely escaped this one. Seton Hall never gave up in this one and almost came away with the win.
leecoukfan Wrote:So basically bad freethrow shooting on the part of West Virginia?

At least in the last minute with missing the front end of two 1 and 1....24/33 FT overall not great but not bad....also excellent shooting by Hazell who finished with 41