Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source: Bill Cowher Unlikely To Coach Next Season
Despite being part of a meeting with the Buffalo Bills last week, it does not appear as if Bill Cowher will coach in the NFL next season, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Sources recently told ESPN's Chris Mortensen it is believed that owner Ralph Wilson Jr. and team president Russ Brandon met last week with Cowher to gauge his potential interest in returning to coaching.

Cowher reiterated on CBS' "The NFL Today" on Sunday that he is "not going to talk about any jobs during the regular season."

The Bills also met with Mike Shanahan after **** Jauron was fired in November.

A Bills spokesman did not respond to voice and text messages regarding the Cowher meeting.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4795363"]Bill Cowher unlikely to coach next season, source says - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4795150@@AMEPARAM@@4795150[/ame]
I don't beleive this. There will be openings that he will have an interest in. The money that will be thrown at him will make it too hard to refuse
I have always laughed whenever coach Jauron's name is blocked :lmao:
Stardust Wrote:I don't beleive this. There will be openings that he will have an interest in. The money that will be thrown at him will make it too hard to refuse

I agree
Rewind to 1998. Bill Cowher said that he would be interested in coaching in Cleveland, that there was a special place in his heart for Cleveland. Fast forward to the present, and I dont like this at all..I wish he'd hurry and take the Tampa Bay job (which hasnt even come open yet lol), because if he doesnt coach this coming season, Im gonna be afraid that he'll be in Cleveland in 2011, and I dont want that. Bill Cowher will build Cleveland into a powerhouse. They have played some darn good football the last four weeks of the season, and they have a solid running game with the emergence of Harrison, Brady Quinn can be a solid quarterback, and Hines Ward said during the 2007 Pro Bowl that Derek Anderson threw the prettiest ball he's ever seen..Anderson didnt forget how to play football all of a sudden, he's still got a chance to be a good qb in this league. Cleveland scares me, and if Cowher takes the coaching job there, this will be a 4 horse race every year. Hurry and take the Bucs job, Chin Master!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ Lol
I think he will return to the CBS studio next season. He is undefeated in the studio, however I think he will return to the sideline sometime in a couple of years.