This is a great idea.
Dear Coach Brooks thanks for retiring
nky Wrote:Dear Coach Brooks thanks for retiring

:redboxer:

thats not nice.

Are you kidding me???

So suddenly appearing in 4 strait bowl games these last four years isn't good enough for Kentucky? Remember how Kentucky was the bottom of the SEC before Rich Brooks came? The SEC Coach of the Year just retired, and you're happy about it? C'mon.

Rick Brooks,

Thank you for bringing this UK program up from nothing to being able to compete with any team in the nation, and consistently making 4 strait bowl games, while claiming a 3-1 record record in those bowl games.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Are you kidding me???

So suddenly appearing in 4 strait bowl games these last four years isn't good enough for Kentucky? Remember how Kentucky was the bottom of the SEC before Rich Brooks came? The SEC Coach of the Year just retired, and you're happy about it? C'mon.

Rick Brooks,

Thank you for bringing this UK program up from nothing to being able to compete with any team in the nation, and consistently making 4 strait bowl games, while claiming a 3-1 record record in those bowl games.

This was a class post :Thumbs:

:moon: COME ON
MSU Eagle Wrote:Are you kidding me???

Rick Brooks,

1. Should have been Saban
2. Happy with 39-47 career record at UK or 16-39 SEC record?
nky Wrote:1. Should have been Saban

were u happy with the 2-10 seasons before he came. and Were u happy with 20 or so years of not winning a bowl game.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:were u happy with the 2-10 seasons before he came. and Were u happy with 20 or so years of not winning a bowl game.
yes:eyeroll:

Whether it should have been Saban or not, it was a high honor given to him, demonstrating he is a good coach.

First 3 years at Kentucky (rebuilding): 9-25 record, 0.250 winning %
Last 4 years at Kentucky : 30-21 record, 0.588 winning %

Do you remember the last time Kentucky went to 4 strait bowl games? Oh yea, never.

Kentucky may never be a "power" in the SEC, but Coach Brooks made them consistent, and put together teams that were competitive with almost every team.

UK has not mattered in football since Bryant was there 60 years ago. Any other SEC team save Vandy would have run Brooks off years ago. Face it, UK is a BASKETBALL school.

And before you all jump my case, I am displeased with the current state of WVU's football program. Bill Stewart is cut out of the same mold as Brooks. WVU will continue to win at least 7 games a year and go to a bowl game. WVU does not have to face Penn State, Miami, Virginia Tech, or Boston College anymore. Those have been replaced with Louisville, Cincy, and USF. Our OOC schedule next year is filled with @marshall, Coastal Carolina, East Carolina, Maryland, and @LSU. I will admit that if WVU had UK's schedule, we would probably be in the same boat. 3-1/4-0 in OOC games and 3-5/4-4 in SEC play.
Quote:UK has not mattered in football since Bryant was there 60 years ago. Any other SEC team save Vandy would have run Brooks off years ago. Face it, UK is a BASKETBALL school.

And before you all jump my case, I am displeased with the current state of WVU's football program. Bill Stewart is cut out of the same mold as Brooks. WVU will continue to win at least 7 games a year and go to a bowl game. WVU does not have to face Penn State, Miami, Virginia Tech, or Boston College anymore. Those have been replaced with Louisville, Cincy, and USF. Our OOC schedule next year is filled with @marshall, Coastal Carolina, East Carolina, Maryland, and @LSU. I will admit that if WVU had UK's schedule, we would probably be in the same boat. 3-1/4-0 in OOC games and 3-5/4-4 in SEC play.

Man UK football is slowley becoming a force in the SEC and in the Country IMO, Rich Brooks has done great for this football team, we are proud of what he did and believe that Joker will do fine too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
thanks coach brooks for making uk football important again.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Whether it should have been Saban or not, it was a high honor given to him, demonstrating he is a good coach.

First 3 years at Kentucky (rebuilding): 9-25 record, 0.250 winning %
Last 4 years at Kentucky : 30-21 record, 0.588 winning %

Do you remember the last time Kentucky went to 4 strait bowl games? Oh yea, never.

Kentucky may never be a "power" in the SEC, but Coach Brooks made them consistent, and put together teams that were competitive with almost every team.
I think it was the last time I rooted for UK:eyeroll:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:were u happy with the 2-10 seasons before he came. and Were u happy with 20 or so years of not winning a bowl game.
YES:Clap: