Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wins the 14th Region?
I hope they get to play more on the new field than what they did last year because of rain.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
powell fan Wrote:What on earth has happened to Powell County seems they gone down hill fast.
I talked to some of their baseball people at the district tournament and was told that they thought they would be in the thick of the 14th region race this year. They seemed to be pretty excited about the upcoming season. They said they didn't lose many players off last year's team, which really wouldn't too bad a team. They played Estill close in their games, actually might have even beat them once, but I'm not completely sure about that. Powell can't ever be taken lightly in baseball. They are a baseball school more than any other sport they have.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I talked to some of their baseball people at the district tournament and was told that they thought they would be in the thick of the 14th region race this year. They seemed to be pretty excited about the upcoming season. They said they didn't lose many players off last year's team, which really wouldn't too bad a team. They played Estill close in their games, actually might have even beat them once, but I'm not completely sure about that. Powell can't ever be taken lightly in baseball. They are a baseball school more than any other sport they have.

Play them close? beat them? are you insane? we beat them as i recall 10 or 11 to 0 in district championship. 8 to 0 at our place and similar score at their place.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I talked to some of their baseball people at the district tournament and was told that they thought they would be in the thick of the 14th region race this year. They seemed to be pretty excited about the upcoming season. They said they didn't lose many players off last year's team, which really wouldn't too bad a team. They played Estill close in their games, actually might have even beat them once, but I'm not completely sure about that. Powell can't ever be taken lightly in baseball. They are a baseball school more than any other sport they have.

Estill beat Powell (@ Estill) 8-1

Estill beat Powell (@ Powell) 4-0

Estill beat Powell (District Tournament which was @ Powell) 10-0 5 innings

Powell did however only lose 2 seniors (Tyler Mastin, OF / Russ Dotson 1B, P)
Knott problably is the favorite but Breathitt could be a darkhorse in this region. If Ritchie is on the mound he can beat any one in the region by himself. Travis Terry is also a very good athlete and one of the better all around players in the region.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:Play them close? beat them? are you insane? we beat them as i recall 10 or 11 to 0 in district championship. 8 to 0 at our place and similar score at their place.
I must have been thinking about year before last.

How will Estill and Powell match up this year?
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I must have been thinking about year before last.

How will Estill and Powell match up this year?

Its going to be alot more closer than last year...
Baseballkid10 Wrote:Play them close? beat them? are you insane? we beat them as i recall 10 or 11 to 0 in district championship. 8 to 0 at our place and similar score at their place.
That was last year! Powell has hit the ground running this year. They are knee deep in pitchers and the rest of the D looks great too. The whole team is hitting good, for the most part. Elliot Hale hit 2 out against Magoffin already AT Magoffin.
Don't underestimate the Power of Powell!
Go Pirates!
ok im going with estill they always have a good team and the best in the region close behind will be hazard and pcc then letcher but not kcc b/c last year was a fluke b/c they won against terrible teams and the schedule was chosen by couch to get him noticed that is all they really have no talent at all probly on zach mullins is all they have and if you look at the win lose record of the teams they played last year they beat they only had 7 wins the whole season if that and when they played a decent team they got beat but they only played 5 decent teams last year making them lose 5 games and their performance against hazard in the region last year was pathetic 8-0 in the first inning due to blake king pitching and terrible coaching you watch kcc will go now where
you-wish23 Wrote:ok im going with estill they always have a good team and the best in the region close behind will be hazard and pcc then letcher but not kcc b/c last year was a fluke b/c they won against terrible teams and the schedule was chosen by couch to get him noticed that is all they really have no talent at all probly on zach mullins is all they have and if you look at the win lose record of the teams they played last year they beat they only had 7 wins the whole season if that and when they played a decent team they got beat but they only played 5 decent teams last year making them lose 5 games and their performance against hazard in the region last year was pathetic 8-0 in the first inning due to blake king pitching and terrible coaching you watch kcc will go now where

You sure know what you are talking about. KCC didn't play Hazard in the regional tourney.
Benchwarmer Wrote:You sure know what you are talking about. KCC didn't play Hazard in the regional tourney.

well sorry for the mistake everyone makes them but still doesn't matter they barely have any talent on that team, an 8th grader is starting over their seniors if that tell you anything
that 1 guy Wrote:Its going to be alot more closer than last year...

...alot more closer? wow...statements like these make me wanna cry
How many seniors did Estill lose last year? I know their basketball team suffered quite a bit early on in the season last year, but I hadn't heard much about the state of the baseball team.
pocofan Wrote:How many seniors did Estill lose last year? I know their basketball team suffered quite a bit early on in the season last year, but I hadn't heard much about the state of the baseball team.

3 or 4 i think freeman, beniedict, and Singleton are the ones im sure about