Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 63 Letcher Central 53
Other than the Corbin, and the 2nd KCC game they have been right there. Coach Hammonds has done everything imaginable to correct turnovers and improve his team as the year has gone along. LCC is a young team that will reap the benefits in the next two years under the tutelage of Hammonds and his staff.
His pay is comparable to any principal in the state who does any extracurricular duties.
UKisN1 Wrote:Other than the Corbin, and the 2nd KCC game they have been right there. Coach Hammonds has done everything imaginable to correct turnovers and improve his team as the year has gone along. LCC is a young team that will reap the benefits in the next two years under the tutelage of Hammonds and his staff.
His pay is comparable to any principal in the state who does any extracurricular duties.

UKisN1 and Beefhide is right. These kids have to show leadership, and have to play as a team. You have to understand what we lost last year, and understand that you have to have patience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:UKisN1 and Beefhide is right. These kids have to show leadership, and have to play as a team. You have to understand what we lost last year, and understand that you have to have patience.

Hazard lost an awful lot last year. PCC lost 2 or 3 starters. Nobody has lost more than JBS in the last 2-3 years and they have less than 100 students. Look what Cordia has lost in the last couple of years and yet LCC can't compete with them. LCC is the second largest school in the region and they didn't have any problems competing in football or any other sport as far as that goes. That shows LCC has the athletes to compete but aren't. I do understand his pay is in line with other principals across the state, but how many schools created a new principals position this year to hire a coach? His pay is higher than what Coach Justice was making. I just finished watching the Harlan Co game (which they lost by 3) and was really disappointed by their lack of effort and intensity. They may not have the talent to play great, but they can certainly play hard. So far the decision has not turned out the way the Superintendent and AD had planned. I do hope they turn it around because they have some great young men on that team.
Doctor J Wrote:Hazard lost an awful lot last year. PCC lost 2 or 3 starters. Nobody has lost more than JBS in the last 2-3 years and they have less than 100 students. Look what Cordia has lost in the last couple of years and yet LCC can't compete with them. LCC is the second largest school in the region and they didn't have any problems competing in football or any other sport as far as that goes. That shows LCC has the athletes to compete but aren't. I do understand his pay is in line with other principals across the state, but how many schools created a new principals position this year to hire a coach? His pay is higher than what Coach Justice was making. I just finished watching the Harlan Co game (which they lost by 3) and was really disappointed by their lack of effort and intensity. They may not have the talent to play great, but they can certainly play hard. So far the decision has not turned out the way the Superintendent and AD had planned. I do hope they turn it around because they have some great young men on that team.

I'm at a loss right now, I was at the Harlan game too, WE DO NOT ATTACK THE RIM, WE PLAY FROM SIDE TO SIDE, AND WE DONT HAVE A LEADER ON THE FLOOR !!!!!! We do have some great kids on this team,and I think they will turn it around , but it may be next season !! all I can say is keep working hard guys, and keep your heads up, and that goes for the coaches as well !!!!!
Cordia has really surprised some people,on and off team sometimes.Jeff Honeycutt has done a decent job there and Letcher seems to be struggling.That's expected sometimes with a young team.