Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt 46 KCC 30 (14th Region Championship)
:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:CheerleadFinal From LCC. Breathitt makes it 4 in a row. Great Job LadyCats!:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Congrats Lady Bobcats!
Kendall Noble wins the 14th Region Tourney MVP, I think this makes her 3rd or 4th in a row. Outstanding preformences from Noble.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Kendall is the real deal...Anyone know if she has any college offers?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
congrats Ladycats. The tough regular season schedule once again pays off. Kendall is the real deal and I think the ladycats can make a run in the state tourney.
Congrats Breathitt !! Good Luck at State !!
Knott Co. Central 5 6 10 9 30
Breathitt Co. 12 8 14 12 46

Knott Co. Central (24-7) -- Pratt 2, Jacobs 9, Slone 7, Pike 5, Thomas 4, King 2, Hatmaker 1.
Breathitt Co. (22-7) -- Noble 12, Spencer 10, Shouse 13, Keeton 6, Bowen 5

http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...tball.html
Congratulations to the Lady Bobcats on another region title. I do believe they have an excellent shot to make it to the final four due to the draw they have. After that they will have to play excellent to win as they will probably tangle with either one of the Louisville schools or Marion County.
Congrats Breathitt
Congrats to BC on the win. BC has a very solid team and they seem to be very well coached with what I've seen. I had heard others talk about how good the Noble girl was and when I watched her play a couple of games in person earlier this year I wasn't disappointed. Noble is one of the smoothest ballplayers I've seen anywhere, it sort of looks like she isn't putting out much of an effort and when the game is over she has 20+ points, 10+ boards, 5 assists and 2 or 3 steals and made it look easy. Noble is a very versatile player and is for sure one of the best young talents in the state.
justabballfan Wrote:Congrats to BC on the win. BC has a very solid team and they seem to be very well coached with what I've seen. I had heard others talk about how good the Noble girl was and when I watched her play a couple of games in person earlier this year I wasn't disappointed. Noble is one of the smoothest ballplayers I've seen anywhere, it sort of looks like she isn't putting out much of an effort and when the game is over she has 20+ points, 10+ boards, 5 assists and 2 or 3 steals and made it look easy. Noble is a very versatile player and is for sure one of the best young talents in the state.

At Breathitt, there are banners hanging from the rafters for 14th region champions for 2007 (when Kendall was a 7th grader); 2008 (Kendall 8th grade); 2009 (Kendall 9th grade); and now adding another for 2010 (Kendall 10th grade).
Also winning tourney MVP maybe every year (I could be wrong, she may have missed a year).

QUESTION - has this ever happened in the history of the 14th region (or the state, for that matter)? A player of either sex to lead their team to regional titles EVERY YEAR from the 7th grade on? And maybe to be the tourney MVP every (or almost every) year?

Obviously a remarkable acheivement!
^ That's a great achievement
Congrats Breathitt on your 4th straight title. They came out and played their game tonight. They are just too big and too experienced for KCC's girls atm. Kendall plays very smart and hardly (if any) made any blunders tonight. Scary thing is she still has 2 years to go. Breathitt Co. IMO has the best coach in the 14th region. She can come out and get the job done. Peggy knows how to take mediocre players and turn them into great ones. Regardless how many seniors they lose, she can turn her underclassmen into athletes that can replace them. This is the trend I've see over the last few eyars at BC, players who I'd hardly heard of one year, become standouts the next. I often see her as "The Pat Summit of the 14th Region". Great coach with tons of experience.

Congrats Lady PATS on a terrific season! You guys played hard all year and shown everyone in the region that KCC can play outstanding basketball on both side of the spectrum, boy/girls. Great basketball program they have at KCCHS. Good luck in the future Lady Patriots and to our seniors I wish allt he luck for your future endeavors.
ARC Wrote:At Breathitt, there are banners hanging from the rafters for 14th region champions for 2007 (when Kendall was a 7th grader); 2008 (Kendall 8th grade); 2009 (Kendall 9th grade); and now adding another for 2010 (Kendall 10th grade).
Also winning tourney MVP maybe every year (I could be wrong, she may have missed a year).

QUESTION - has this ever happened in the history of the 14th region (or the state, for that matter)? A player of either sex to lead their team to regional titles EVERY YEAR from the 7th grade on? And maybe to be the tourney MVP every (or almost every) year?

Polly Sebastian led Perry Central to five regional championships(2000-2004) from her eighth grade to her senior year. I cannot remember how many MVP awards she won during this period. If Noble stays at Breathitt, there is a good possibility they can go to state her Junior year and make it five regional championships. As far as six, it will be much more difficult as Breathitt keeps losing players and they are not getting replaced. When Kendall is a Senior, the talent level at Breathitt will have dropped tremendously as they have a weak Junior Varsity and Freshman team. It will be difficult to maintain the level of excellence they have had when Kendall is a Senior due to the level of young talent that Letcher Central, Knott Central, Perry Central, and Powell County have. It will be difficult for her and Spencer to carry their team. Noble is awesome but Shouse, Keeton, and Bowen are not shabby ball players either. Their superior height also figures into the success of the Lady Bobcats.
Congrats to Breathitt County on another title. Looks like they should just by a house in Bowling Green as much as they go there.
PATS2011 Wrote:Congrats Breathitt on your 4th straight title. They came out and played their game tonight. They are just too big and too experienced for KCC's girls atm. Kendall plays very smart and hardly (if any) made any blunders tonight. Scary thing is she still has 2 years to go. Breathitt Co. IMO has the best coach in the 14th region. She can come out and get the job done. Peggy knows how to take mediocre players and turn them into great ones. Regardless how many seniors they lose, she can turn her underclassmen into athletes that can replace them. This is the trend I've see over the last few eyars at BC, players who I'd hardly heard of one year, become standouts the next. I often see her as "The Pat Summit of the 14th Region". Great coach with tons of experience.

Congrats Lady PATS on a terrific season! You guys played hard all year and shown everyone in the region that KCC can play outstanding basketball on both side of the spectrum, boy/girls. Great basketball program they have at KCCHS. Good luck in the future Lady Patriots and to our seniors I wish allt he luck for your future endeavors.

Good post. And, yes congrats to all KCC players you had a great season and the future is bright for you.
Wish Noble and the Lady Bobcats the best of luck in the Sweet 16...a very impressive run.
Congrats Bobcats
Good win for the Lady Bobcats!
ARC Wrote:At Breathitt, there are banners hanging from the rafters for 14th region champions for 2007 (when Kendall was a 7th grader); 2008 (Kendall 8th grade); 2009 (Kendall 9th grade); and now adding another for 2010 (Kendall 10th grade).

Richie Farmer, Clay County 5 years (1984-1988). 5 13th Regional Championships, 2 State Runner-Up finishes '85 and '88. State Champs in 1987. He scored 50+ points in the state finals in '88, losing to Alan Houston and Ballard.
Congrats BC. Excellent season
Megen "Penny" Gearhart played in 5 or six state tourneys; I'm sure she played on the "5 peat" teams at West Carter.
Noble is such a great player. She's fun to watch. I'm sure she'll play in college somewhere.
[I][does anyone know her free throw percentage..could not find as such in khsaa stats./I]
ladycats23 Wrote:[I][does anyone know her free throw percentage..could not find as such in khsaa stats./I]
I had her stats during the middle of the regular season. She had a good free throw % but not a good 3 point shot %.
Noble is a player who is smooth and smart. At times it is as if she is gliding toward the basket.