Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Morning..the morning of March 22, 2010.
Old School Wrote:"We the people" reminded me of this video.

:Thumbs: Catchy tune. I think that I am going to check into local Tea Party rallies. The leader of the local Tea Party movement is a conservative African-American talk radio host. Given the demographics here in the Jackson area, the positions that the guy takes on the air shows a lot of courage. I would like to thank him for his efforts before I leave town.
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah, I shouldn't have said that, I'm a little more "de-sensitized" about that stuff than people around here.

But anyway, there is no such thing as dying prematurely.

The phrase "premature death" is one I have heard all my life, extended to any number of circumstances. I'm going to have to disagree with your philosophical quibbling with "prematurely."
Rush said he would leave the country if "healthcare reform" passed. I wonder if he is a man of his word?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:No, he's right. What is right and constitutional about being "forced" to buy something in this country.

What's next?
I'm all for not having to buy heathcare, as long as the person signs a waiver that they won't go for treament thay can't afford. If they don't have insurance, and don't go for treatment they can't pay "cash" for, I'm for it.
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah, I shouldn't have said that, I'm a little more "de-sensitized" about that stuff than people around here.

Only if you believe in God. What if you don't?
TheRealVille Wrote:Rush said he would leave the country if "healthcare reform" passed. I wonder if he is a man of his word?

For what it's worth, here's the transcript from Limbaugh's show.[Image: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/spc.gif]RUSH: The Huffington Post, you remember we had a call here from a guy, we're talking about health care and what's going to happen after Obama puts private insurance out of business, how all the fines that businesses and individuals pay are much cheaper than having to go out and buy health insurance itself, and that people will naturally pay the fine. If they don't have to go to jail they'll pay the fine rather than incur costs, especially if the Senate bill says, which it does, that the day you have the auto accident, you get covered. You don't have to have any coverage before that, but the day you're in the crash you go to the hospital the insurance company has to pay for your treatment. Well, that's not insurance, that's private sector welfare and nobody could afford it and they'll go out of business, which is the purpose. So a guy calls up and says, "If all this happens, what are you going to do?" And I said, "Well, if doctors are not permitted to opt out of the government insurance pool and so forth, Medicare, Medicaid, whatever it is, and if they're not allowed to establish a private practice with private sector patients paying their own way, then I'll go to Costa Rica."

Well, that has been turned into I'm going to leave the country for Costa Rica and move there if Obamacare passes. I've had all kinds of reporters: "Are you serious? Do you really mean this?" So I've had to patiently explain today to people who do not bother to stay informed on this stuff what the genesis and the primary context of my comment was. I said, "Look, there are insurance companies who don't want to be put out of business." We've talked to them on the program. I've talked to them privately. They are establishing health care clinics with quality doctors in places like Costa Rica. They're going to continue to sell policies to people who have the ability to fly down there and get treatment. If I have to get thrown into this massive government health care insurance business and end up going to the driver's license office every day when I need to go to the doctor, yeah, I'll go to Costa Rica for treatment, not move there. So they're just in a tizzy out there, between Costa Rica and Eric Massa. So -- (laughing) -- it's going to be a fun day. Heck, it already is a fun day.
TheRealVille Wrote:Rush said he would leave the country if "healthcare reform" passed. I wonder if he is a man of his word?
Actually, Rush said no such thing. What he did say was that if he Obamacare passed and he needed major medical care, then he would go to Costa Rica to get treatment.
Old School Wrote:For what it's worth, here's the transcript from Limbaugh's show.[Image: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/spc.gif]RUSH: The Huffington Post, you remember we had a call here from a guy, we're talking about health care and what's going to happen after Obama puts private insurance out of business, how all the fines that businesses and individuals pay are much cheaper than having to go out and buy health insurance itself, and that people will naturally pay the fine. If they don't have to go to jail they'll pay the fine rather than incur costs, especially if the Senate bill says, which it does, that the day you have the auto accident, you get covered. You don't have to have any coverage before that, but the day you're in the crash you go to the hospital the insurance company has to pay for your treatment. Well, that's not insurance, that's private sector welfare and nobody could afford it and they'll go out of business, which is the purpose. So a guy calls up and says, "If all this happens, what are you going to do?" And I said, "Well, if doctors are not permitted to opt out of the government insurance pool and so forth, Medicare, Medicaid, whatever it is, and if they're not allowed to establish a private practice with private sector patients paying their own way, then I'll go to Costa Rica."

Well, that has been turned into I'm going to leave the country for Costa Rica and move there if Obamacare passes. I've had all kinds of reporters: "Are you serious? Do you really mean this?" So I've had to patiently explain today to people who do not bother to stay informed on this stuff what the genesis and the primary context of my comment was. I said, "Look, there are insurance companies who don't want to be put out of business." We've talked to them on the program. I've talked to them privately. They are establishing health care clinics with quality doctors in places like Costa Rica. They're going to continue to sell policies to people who have the ability to fly down there and get treatment. If I have to get thrown into this massive government health care insurance business and end up going to the driver's license office every day when I need to go to the doctor, yeah, I'll go to Costa Rica for treatment, not move there. So they're just in a tizzy out there, between Costa Rica and Eric Massa. So -- (laughing) -- it's going to be a fun day. Heck, it already is a fun day.
Thanks for posting this. I am really tired of hearing people quoting the lefty blogs and other propaganda outlets say that Rush promised to leave the country if Obamacare passed. Rush did not take an Alec Baldwin stand.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:But that is not what Conyers said now, is it? Conyers could not care less whether the HCR bill is constitutional or not, as his ignorant response shows.

Another interesting Conyers comment about the HCR.

At a National Press Club meeting Conyers said "What good is it reading the bill when it's a 1000 pages"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACbwND52rrw"]YouTube- John Conyers on Reading the Healthcare Bill[/ame]

I agree. I am not entitled to any length of life on this planet. That means any exit from this life is just that, an exit. It can not be to early or to late because there is not a set time to be punctual. However we can always look at our neighbors and want. They have nice cars and houses we want nice cars and houses. Then all the sudden it becomes our right to have these things. The same with life. A long life or a short life is just that, life.
However I do agree health care should be made affordable. This isn't the way though. This doesn't take care of the problems. I have done billing for a contracted company in a hospital. I have billed people for services based upon what someone will pay not based on what the service is worth.
Old School Wrote:For what it's worth, here's the transcript from Limbaugh's show.[Image: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/spc.gif]RUSH: The Huffington Post, you remember we had a call here from a guy, we're talking about health care and what's going to happen after Obama puts private insurance out of business, how all the fines that businesses and individuals pay are much cheaper than having to go out and buy health insurance itself, and that people will naturally pay the fine. If they don't have to go to jail they'll pay the fine rather than incur costs, especially if the Senate bill says, which it does, that the day you have the auto accident, you get covered. You don't have to have any coverage before that, but the day you're in the crash you go to the hospital the insurance company has to pay for your treatment. Well, that's not insurance, that's private sector welfare and nobody could afford it and they'll go out of business, which is the purpose. So a guy calls up and says, "If all this happens, what are you going to do?" And I said, "Well, if doctors are not permitted to opt out of the government insurance pool and so forth, Medicare, Medicaid, whatever it is, and if they're not allowed to establish a private practice with private sector patients paying their own way, then I'll go to Costa Rica."

I hope he can still broadcast from Costa Rica because he's funny.