Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 1,2010 end of coal
http://action.sierraclub.org/site/Messag...d=168581.0 In another press release the Sierra club said that this move would stop almost all surface mines. By the way it would also make it impossible to run a prep plant.
Communists are alive and well in America. They are running nutty organizations like the Sierra Club and PETA. There is no shortage of useful idiots in this country willing to work tirelessly for no pay in the name of a good cause.

If left unchecked, the Sierra Club's agenda will lead to the death of thousands when the very young, the very old, and the serious ill can no longer afford to heat or cool their homes.
notamoocher Wrote:http://action.sierraclub.org/site/Messag...d=168581.0 In another press release the Sierra club said that this move would stop almost all surface mines. By the way it would also make it impossible to run a prep plant.

I agree and without prep plants there will be no deep mines.

The following is a quote from EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson.
… Minimizing the number of valley fills is a very, very key factor. You’re talking about no or very few valley fills that are going to be able to meet standards like this.

Another requirement for valley fills (if one should ever be approved) is that the operator use one fill at a time, once it is completed then the EPA will approve the next one. Basicly the EPA will be managing each mining operation.
Old School Wrote:[/B]

I agree and without prep plants there will be no deep mines.

The following is a quote from EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson.
… Minimizing the number of valley fills is a very, very key factor. You’re talking about no or very few valley fills that are going to be able to meet standards like this.

Another requirement for valley fills (if one should ever be approved) is that the operator use one fill at a time, once it is completed then the EPA will approve the next one. Basicly the EPA will be managing each mining operation.
...and with the EPA managing each mining operation, Central Appalachian coal will no longer be competitive with coal from South America or the Powder River Basin. Apparently Muslim extremists are not alone in their desire to destroy modern civilization.
Hobert 45 was approved but I believe that is a union mine(obama's buddies) I wonder if a nonunion mine will ever be approved? This administration cares more about a tadpole than my granddaughter, but of it is not about pollution it is about control. I hope people like candles and fireplaces.
notamoocher Wrote:Hobert 45 was approved but I believe that is a union mine(obama's buddies) I wonder if a nonunion mine will ever be approved? This administration cares more about a tadpole than my granddaughter, but of it is not about pollution it is about control. I hope people like candles and fireplaces.

Union ties was the only reason Hobet's permit was approved. It's my understanding that Hobet deleated a small contour mining area and a few small fills but they left the mountaintop mining areas intact and the EPA approved it.

The Spruce permit has been ongoing for over a dozen years, millions of dollars have been spent on permitting cost alone.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:...and with the EPA managing each mining operation, Central Appalachian coal will no longer be competitive with coal from South America or the Powder River Basin. Apparently Muslim extremists are not alone in their desire to destroy modern civilization.

If the EPA was really concerned about the people of Appalachia then tell me why this only applies to coal mining?

IF the EPA is really concerned about water quality then tell me why it only applies to coal mining in Appalachia?
Old School Wrote:If the EPA was really concerned about the people of Appalachia then tell me why this only applies to coal mining?

IF the EPA is really concerned about water quality then tell me why it only applies to coal mining in Appalachia?
Fewer jobs mean more government dependents and most government dependents vote for Democrats. I think Obama is okay letting coal miners work as long as their union bosses remain willing to support his agenda down the line. I expect that Obama will intercede as the good cop to save union jobs from the bad cop EPA.

I agree that this issue has little or nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with Obama's radical left wing agenda. People tend to remember politicians who save a few jobs and forget that the same politicians put their jobs in jeopardy in the first place.

I think mountaintop mining is the easiest target available but coal miners in other types of mines and in other parts of the country will eventually see their jobs threatened too.