Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illegal Sarah Palin defense fund must give back donations
Quote:(Reuters) - A legal defense fund for former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin was illegal and must repay nearly $400,000 to donors, according to a settlement with a state-appointed lawyer announced on Thursday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65O0AG20100625
I like how the wealthy Palin, asked taxpayers to fund her lawyer bill. Can we say hypocrite. Like the comments section writer said,
Quote:It is unfortunate that with all of the money that Palin has made with her book and speaking engagements, she feels that it is appropriate to ask people who have much less income than she does to contribute to a defense fund.
TheRealVille Wrote:I like how the wealthy Palin, asked taxpayers to fund her lawyer bill. Can we say hypocrite. Like the comments section writer said,
Do you feel the same way about the Clintons' legal defense fund? They are far wealthier than the Palins. Have they repaid all of the saps that contributed to that fund?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Do you feel the same way about the Clintons' legal defense fund? They are far wealthier than the Palins. Have they repaid all of the saps that contributed to that fund?
If the Clintons have a fund set up like Palin, yes I am against that also. Was theirs illegal like Sarah's, or was it legal and under different circumstances?
TheRealVille Wrote:If the Clintons have a fund set up like Palin, yes I am against that also. Was theirs illegal like Sarah's, or was it legal and under different circumstances?
The Clinton Legal Defense Fund raised more than $4.5 million - i.e., more than 11 times more than Palin's. Did you sleep through the 90s? Do I really need to explain the purpose of the Clintons hitting up friends and associates for donations to cover legal expenses? :biggrin:

According to the article that you posted, the independent investigator concluded that Palin apparently was unaware that the fund might violate Alaskan ethics law and the fault lay with out of state lawyers who she hired to set up the fund. The barage of ethics complaints lodged against Palin by Obama operatives threatened to bankrupt her, so maybe she could not afford to hire the same caliber of attorneys that Obama sent to Alaska to dig for dirt.
TheRealVille Wrote:I like how the wealthy Palin, asked taxpayers to fund her lawyer bill. Can we say hypocrite. Like the comments section writer said,

The article clearly says donors not taxpayer money.
Beetle01 Wrote:The article clearly says donors not taxpayer money.
More liberal word games, Beetle. Most of the donors were undoubtedly taxpayers, so RV did not lie - he simply misled. :biggrin:
Beetle01 Wrote:The article clearly says donors not taxpayer money.

It's hard to read when you only use your LEFT eye Confusedhh:
Yet another fail for this politician. I'm still at a loss as to how anyone can respect her as a national leader.
if sarah palin can be in the running for vice president, look out president obama im comeing for the nobel peace prize Smile
BillyB Wrote:Yet another fail for this politician. I'm still at a loss as to how anyone can respect her as a national leader.

Nahh, can't be any worse that what we have now.....
BillyB Wrote:Yet another fail for this politician. I'm still at a loss as to how anyone can respect her as a national leader.

I agree 100%, but in comparison to other national leaders, she is about par for the course. Its sad that Obama, Palin, Pelosi, Reid, Bush, Cheney and others are the best this country has to offer. If that is the truth, we are truly a pathetic nation. We should just start over or quit altogether because there is no hope for us at all.