Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must read for Kentucky fans
Found this on the KSR website, it's some comments from users on the day Billy Clyde was hired. Some UK fans really do have this belief that no matter who you are, if you're the coach at UK, you're the best in the country.

“I for one am thrilled. Thank you and congrats MB on getting your man. I somehow feel that BG was his number 1 all along and the whole BD thing was just to appease the fans. Regardless. Welcome BG and I know you’ll succeed.”

“Doubters, and non believers. GO AWAY!!!! This is a happy day for Big Blue Nation. We will be back in the top 5 withing two years! We have a coach who has pasion now, who has recruiting capabilities, and who beat Loserville on a hostile home court invironment just last month! ITS ALL GOOD!!!!!!”

“Seriously, I don’t think any coach in college is better. Watching A&M this year, they played with FIRE and purpose. They were better coached than any team on defense. The only negative was at the end of games they had such a great player in Law the offensive flow stopped and Law took over. But Gillispie was showing adaptability by coaching with what would win. And that’s the bottom line. I’m tickled blue.”

“Chandra, please head off to the Memphis board. You petitioned for Calipari and didn’t get your wish. Face it. He was never a canidate and rightfully so. We were only going to recruit a coach with integrity and Calipari doesn’t fit that bill. He’s not coming. Get over it. Get with the rest of the UK nation and be happy or jump ship to your beloved. =) Have a good day.”

“We have the right guy…Those who are unhappy should remember this in the future. When he has us back, don’t jump on the bandwagon then.”

“Well, Pearl said he hoped we got Donovan so he’d only have 1 team to contend with in the SEC East. Sorry, Orange Boy. You also just lost any top-flight recruiting in Kentucky.”

My favorite part is in bold, goes to show the true idea behind Kentucky fans as 18%'ers, you all didn't have Calipari and you thought he sucked. Now you have him he's the greatest coach of all time.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Found this on the KSR website, it's some comments from users on the day Billy Clyde was hired. Some UK fans really do have this belief that no matter who you are, if you're the coach at UK, you're the best in the country.

“I for one am thrilled. Thank you and congrats MB on getting your man. I somehow feel that BG was his number 1 all along and the whole BD thing was just to appease the fans. Regardless. Welcome BG and I know you’ll succeed.”

“Doubters, and non believers. GO AWAY!!!! This is a happy day for Big Blue Nation. We will be back in the top 5 withing two years! We have a coach who has pasion now, who has recruiting capabilities, and who beat Loserville on a hostile home court invironment just last month! ITS ALL GOOD!!!!!!”

“Seriously, I don’t think any coach in college is better. Watching A&M this year, they played with FIRE and purpose. They were better coached than any team on defense. The only negative was at the end of games they had such a great player in Law the offensive flow stopped and Law took over. But Gillispie was showing adaptability by coaching with what would win. And that’s the bottom line. I’m tickled blue.”

“Chandra, please head off to the Memphis board. You petitioned for Calipari and didn’t get your wish. Face it. He was never a canidate and rightfully so. We were only going to recruit a coach with integrity and Calipari doesn’t fit that bill. He’s not coming. Get over it. Get with the rest of the UK nation and be happy or jump ship to your beloved. =) Have a good day.”

“We have the right guy…Those who are unhappy should remember this in the future. When he has us back, don’t jump on the bandwagon then.”

“Well, Pearl said he hoped we got Donovan so he’d only have 1 team to contend with in the SEC East. Sorry, Orange Boy. You also just lost any top-flight recruiting in Kentucky.”

My favorite part is in bold, goes to show the true idea behind Kentucky fans as 18%'ers, you all didn't have Calipari and you thought he sucked. Now you have him he's the greatest coach of all time.

Be interesting to go to BGR posts, did you look on here?
Stardust Wrote:Be interesting to go to BGR posts, did you look on here?

Naw, I know it could only get worse.
Must read for Duke fans. www.faniq.com/blog.php?id=6874
talking about bailing on a team. I love the part where Coach K couldn't coach but coach Freese head coach at Maryland continued coaching even though she was 8 months pregnant and in a rolling chair.
:blondnurs
Benchwarmer Wrote:Must read for Duke fans. www.faniq.com/blog.php?id=6874
talking about bailing on a team. I love the part where Coach K couldn't coach but coach Freese head coach at Maryland continued coaching even though she was 8 months pregnant and in a rolling chair.
:blondnurs

My favorite line from what you posted: "They play and act like they are better than the other teams in the NCAA."

Maybe that's because Duke has been THE team of the last 20 or so years?
www.faniq.com/blog.php?id=6874
:relaxing: God I'm glad Coach Gaudet is finishing this season this team sucks. I'll wait to see at the end of the season and see how they do and if it's bad I'll petition the NCAA have those looses taking off my record.

AND the L's came of his record.
You know good and well if Coach K retired after next season, and you hired someone, proven or not, you would be thrilled to have them. It's just the nature of the beast.
BCF4L Wrote:You know good and well if Coach K retired after next season, and you hired someone, proven or not, you would be thrilled to have them. It's just the nature of the beast.

Someone with a DUI? Negative.
I am very pleased with Coach Cal, when he was at memphis I was a big fan then of his.. Always have been always will.. Just very lucky as a UK fan to have him here in the Bluegrass Smile
:please:
it really is crazy how you have some many haters in the BBN then you turn around and they love you if you do something good for them. one thing for sure everyone hate BCG now LMAO
I am one of those who aren't like that. I hated Billy G within everything in me. Game time would come around, I'd go find something else to do.
I feel the same way i didnt watch very many games when Billy G was there
Not all of us hated Coach Cal then PC...only a few. I loved him, I just loved his personality and he made me a fan of Memphis, which I still am.

UK has the best fans in college basketball, there is no question so I'm not even going to get into that.

And, finally, we were just wrong on Billy G. I personally wasn't excited about him coming to UK, he really didn't have any big accomplishments and I thought we were to good of a program to go after a guy like that. Also, my aunt and uncle are big boosters for the team and they hated him, they had info and were convinced he would act exactly how he acted. Haha, I remember thinking back then when they told me how he was, "how the **** do they know this stuff...? It's like all the boosters have special agents to get the dirt on these people"..lol.
I've always thought that Cal was a good coach. When tubby was at Kentucky I always used to say that i wish we had the guy from memphis instead. So i've wanted him as our coach for a long time.
^ Not me, I've been very upfront in saying how little regard I had for Cal prior to being invited to UK. I have always (still do) felt he is the "Teflon Don" and some day it will catch up to him. The NCAA will stay in this guys shorts until they catch him.