Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cats' Pause 2010-2011 15th Region Team and Player Rankings
Super-Card Wrote:What has Skaggs ever done to justify him as better than Moore? Everytime the 2 have played head to head Moore has outplayed Skaggs. Skaggs has also had more help thean Moore and Moore still out-performs. Moore is without question the best player in the 15h.

I bet Moore is satisfied with his accomplishments, he won how many titles? :igiveup:

JC will roll over SC this year.
OU812 Wrote:No one votes. The CP takes the article directly from a local writer. Whomever submitted the 15th did the ranking also. Now go polish Wade's trophies before he gets home from school.

Gotta clean em' if ya gotta em'... :1:
Varney3 Wrote:Joey Pinson (senior) 6'6"
Morgan Bentley (senior) 6'3"
Myself (senior) 6'2"
Chris Altizer (senior) 6'2"
Gary Runyon (junior) 6'1"
Jared Masters (junior) 6'4"
Tony Messer (sophomore) 6'5"
Josh Robinson (sophomore) 5'10

furthermore, the loss of hairston is a tough one to replace when he's having actually playing. many games last year he didn't play even close to his potential and averaged about 8 turnovers/game. the biggest loss by far is the loss of the defensive mastery of thomas varney. terrible to think that everyone overlooks that. and yeah, we were 18-5 this summer, and we did lose to betsy layne. however, pinson, messer, and myself DID NOT PLAY in that game. when tourney time rolls around, we'll be playing, count on it.

why is Hairston not playing?
Varney3 Wrote:Joey Pinson (senior) 6'6"
Morgan Bentley (senior) 6'3"
Myself (senior) 6'2"
Chris Altizer (senior) 6'2"
Gary Runyon (junior) 6'1"
Jared Masters (junior) 6'4"
Tony Messer (sophomore) 6'5"
Josh Robinson (sophomore) 5'10

furthermore, the loss of hairston is a tough one to replace when he's having actually playing. many games last year he didn't play even close to his potential and averaged about 8 turnovers/game. the biggest loss by far is the loss of the defensive mastery of thomas varney. terrible to think that everyone overlooks that. and yeah, we were 18-5 this summer, and we did lose to betsy layne. however, pinson, messer, and myself DID NOT PLAY in that game. when tourney time rolls around, we'll be playing, count on it.

is Tony dunking on anybody?
cuppett777 Wrote:why is Hairston not playing?
I believe it is a situation where he turned 19 before August 1st.
BJ Moore, best player,but skaggs is good player.I think the 15 region is wide open, and that will make for, agreat year of basketball.
The King Wrote:Teams
1. Johnson Central
2. Betsy Layne
3. Belfry
4. Pikeville
5. Shelby Valley
6. South Floyd
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Pike County Central
9. Paintsville
10. East Ridge

Players
1. B.J. Moore-Sheldon Clark
2. Cody Parker-Johnson Central
3. Shannon Turner-South Floyd
4. Trevor Tiller-Paintsville
5. Hobo McCoy-Pike Central
6. Jake McClanahan-East Ridge
7. Wade Skaggs-Johnson Central
8. Dakota Hall-South Floyd
9. Nathan Martin-Betsy Layne
10. J.K. Hall-Johnson Central

I see the Hawks and the Tigers in the top 5 anyway, Nathan should be ranked in top 3, why not Casey Adkins and Andrew Roberts, those 2 boys should be in the top 10 C. Adkins and A. Roberts can out play both Halls....we can go deep into the bench at least 9-10 deep....:popcorn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Recznik Wrote:I see the Hawks and the Tigers in the top 5 anyway, Nathan should be ranked in top 3, why not Casey Adkins and Andrew Roberts, those 2 boys should be in the top 10 C. Adkins and A. Roberts can out play both Halls....we can go deep into the bench at least 9-10 deep....:popcorn:

Tigers in the top 5, isn't a bad idea.

Hawks lost alot though.

Roberts boy barely got to play for BL didn't he, while the Hall boys are gonna be 4 years starters, I think.

Adkins isn't that bad at all. But he's not better than either of the Halls either.

In a 2 on 2 game, Halls vs. Adkins/Roberts, no game really. Halls are too quick and too athletic.

Nathan is a good player, but top 3, I don't know.

Don't be a homer, thinking BL deserves 3 players in top 10. Alot of teams can go 10 deep, but they would have a big dropoff in talent.

Who's going to start for the Bobcats this season?
Drop SC off the board and move Cody Parker up to #1 since moore is gone..
SweetLemonade Wrote:I bet Moore is satisfied with his accomplishments, he won how many titles? :igiveup:

JC will roll over SC this year.

What titles does Skaggs have? District championships? Wow that means alot. I was talking about individual performance and you try to mask the fact that Moore has out played Skaggs at every head to head oppertunity by bringing team victories into it.. You can figure in supporting cast all you want, but the best "PLAYER" not "TEAM" is still Moore. Hands dwon.
Sweet lemonade I guess your going to get on here and say you were wrong if SCHS beats JCHS this year aint ya.Its alright to be confident but when you get to were you think that a certain team cant beat you seems to me like it always comes back to haunt you and most of the time its in the tournament.By what I here SC is going to be pretty decent this year.So you better watch what you say.
eagle6 Wrote:Sweet lemonade I guess your going to get on here and say you were wrong if SCHS beats JCHS this year aint ya.Its alright to be confident but when you get to were you think that a certain team cant beat you seems to me like it always comes back to haunt you and most of the time its in the tournament.By what I here SC is going to be pretty decent this year.So you better watch what you say.

i dont think sc will beat jc this year even with moore returning to the team.. if Moore wasnt afraid of disapointing people and letting people down he would still be a x cardinal because he hates spurlock and its starting to make him hate basketball too..
monster_energy Wrote:i dont think sc will beat jc this year even with moore returning to the team.. if Moore wasnt afraid of disapointing people and letting people down he would still be a x cardinal because he hates spurlock and its starting to make him hate basketball too..

monster energy idk if u know moore or not but spurlock had absolutely nothin to do with him leaving the team he had his owm personal reason to why.... and moore is not afriad of disappointing anyone the whole team is jus going out and playing for theirselves and having fun this yr n if they do get to playing together they will make sum noise could regional tourny time.
TSSI Wrote:1. B.J. Moore-Sheldon Clark-
2. Cody Parker-Johnson Central-
3. Shannon Turner-South Floyd-
4. Trevor Tiller-Paintsville-
5. Hobo McCoy-Pike Central-
6. Jake McClanahan-East Ridge-
7. Wade Skaggs-Johnson Central-
8. Dakota Hall-South Floyd-
9. Nathan Martin-Betsy Layne-
10. J.K. Hall-Johnson Central -

This list is a joke. Who votes for this stuff. Does the coaches or someone who doesnt watch the region much? The top 5 should be this.

1. Wade Skaggs- Top scorer in region last 2 years, 20 plus a game. great leader, winner, good vision, just because he transfers doesn't mean he is a number 7 player total joke.
2. BJ Moore - Toss up could be #1, scorer indeed. great go to guy.
3. Hobo McCoy- Great ball skills and good scorer.
4. Cody Parker - Could be top 2 if his head is on straight. Dominate player but up to him on how much.

5. Toss up Tiller and Martin.

I agree completely, Wade will be THE MAN for JC. He will be the one that solidifies them into a team capable of going far into the Sweet Sixteen! With Wade controlling the floor they could possibly WIN the whole thing!
red_bull Wrote:monster energy idk if u know moore or not but spurlock had absolutely nothin to do with him leaving the team he had his owm personal reason to why.... and moore is not afriad of disappointing anyone the whole team is jus going out and playing for theirselves and having fun this yr n if they do get to playing together they will make sum noise could regional tourny time.

Spurlock will destroy that team just like he did at Clay County.. i talked to a parent from Clay County and she said all bad things.. his going to ruin this young team.. watch and see.. :ChairHit:
Super-Card Wrote:What titles does Skaggs have? District championships? Wow that means alot. I was talking about individual performance and you try to mask the fact that Moore has out played Skaggs at every head to head oppertunity by bringing team victories into it.. You can figure in supporting cast all you want, but the best "PLAYER" not "TEAM" is still Moore. Hands dwon.

So very true....:Thumbs:
monster_energy Wrote:Spurlock will destroy that team just like he did at Clay County.. i talked to a parent from Clay County and she said all bad things.. his going to ruin this young team.. watch and see.. :ChairHit:

well for one he must not of destroyed that clay county team very much becuase there one of the favorites in there region this yr if im not mistaken, they also was 21-10 last yr.. and for 2 sc is not a young team they have like 3 underclassmen on the varisty and the rest are seniors so mayb u jus mite need to actually check the roster bfore you say young!!!!!
Ricky Bobby Wrote:I agree completely, Wade will be THE MAN for JC. He will be the one that solidifies them into a team capable of going far into the Sweet Sixteen! With Wade controlling the floor they could possibly WIN the whole thing!

wade wasnt even the top scorer in the region and if im not mistaken he hasnt been in any of his yrs playing in highschool and hes not even the best player on his team... it is still cody parker"s team..
monster_energy Wrote:Spurlock will destroy that team just like he did at Clay County.. i talked to a parent from Clay County and she said all bad things.. his going to ruin this young team.. watch and see.. :ChairHit:

How much basketball have you ever coached? How much basketball have you ever played? I bet you are a high school kid that does not play because you can't make the team or the grades or you have some other excuse. You want to sit back and pick out what every athletic team does wrong at SC, but I am betting you have never played a second of Varsity action in any sport. Spurlock is exactley what SC Basketball needed and will get more out these kids than any coach SC has had in years.
Moore might be the best player but not heard good things about Spurlock. McCoy and Tiller a close second. Not sure I would put Parker in the top, seems to play when he wants to.
I played sports with Kevin for 2 yrs. or until he transferred to A.C. We played all 3 sports together, if he is like he was then and from what I've heard what he did at Clay County(program accomplishments) S.C. has scored a great one, in high school Kevin was always working on fundamentals and shooting, a very disaplined player in all three sports, mentally and physically. He's a winner then and now...Heres the thing these kids now days dont have disapline or don't care much about what there doing but likes playing. Out of every program in this area you may have 2to4 kids that really care about making them selves better. Kevin will push you and push you to make you a better player for yourselves and for the program...some kids cant handle that and they quit, its easy to quit. Kevin good luck this year cant wait to see ya coach, give your mother a hug for me...:popcorn:
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...bk10/33218
The house looks a bit empty!!!
1. Johnson Central
2. Betsy Layne
3. Belfry
4. Pikeville
5. Shelby Valley
6. South Floyd
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Pike County Central
9. Paintsville
10. East Ridge

Players

How in the world is Hobo McCoy and Jake McClanahan over Wade Skaggs? What is the logic in this ranking system? Some of the other players I can see over him because they are a little better at the same position, but McCoy isn't a very good threat from the point and McClanahan is just a big body to beat around. He can barely make it up and down the court.
1. Johnson Central
2. Betsy Layne
3. Belfry
4. Pikeville
5. Shelby Valley
6. South Floyd
7. Sheldon Clark
8. Pike County Central
9. Paintsville
10. East Ridge

Players

their entitled to their oppinion. And mine is it doesn't matter til a few games into the season. Mark this post and check it in around January.:please: