Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rajon Rondo
You guys are killing me with all the Heat, Laker threads.

Did anyone see his game against the Knicks?

10 Points
10 Rebounds
24 Assist.

He is averaging 16.7 assist for the year.

His season Stats has raised every year. When is people going to recognize rondo as an elite Point Guard.
He proved he was an elite PG in the playoffs last year.
I think people have realized how great Rondo is. Shoot im in 2 fantasy basketball leagues with 10+ in each league and Rondo went top 6 in both drafts. He is a heck of a PG, I would have took him but I had the second pick and got the durantchula.
I believe Rondo is definitley (if not the best) one of the top 3 point guards in NBA today hands down.
Ballers Wrote:I believe Rondo is definitley (if not the best) one of the top 3 point guards in NBA today hands down.

I agree completely. My question is who would u put as the other two? Im going to say CP and Williams.. (Im a Nash fan and he will go down as one of the best PG's to play the game, but his game isnt at the level of these guys at this stage of his career)
K_Mac Wrote:I agree completely. My question is who would u put as the other two? Im going to say CP and Williams.. (Im a Nash fan and he will go down as one of the best PG's to play the game, but his game isnt at the level of these guys at this stage of his career)

Couldn't had said it better..
IMO CP is the best all around, but a lot of ppl will argue that Williams is the best.
Just imagine if Rondo was on the greatest team in the league, the Heat!

Seriously, Rondo is the key to Boston. The Big three in Boston would be no where without Rajon.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You guys are killing me with all the Heat, Laker threads.

Did anyone see his game against the Knicks?

10 Points
10 Rebounds
24 Assist.

He is averaging 16.7 assist for the year.
His season Stats has raised every year. When is people going to recognize rondo as an elite Point Guard.

The first bolded....
that's irrelevant this early in the season.
The fact that he has a high average in less than 5 games means next to nothing lol

The second bolded....
I think Rondo is recognized as an elite point guard.
However, he doesn't have a jump shot, and that is something all PGs above him keep in their back pocket.
If you have the luxury of being able to back up on defense when guarding a teams PG you have essentially are a step ahead of the dribbler already.
It puts his team in a bad position.
He has shown he can make the most of it for the time being, but if he can get that jumper down he will be the best PG in the league.
He is playing great!
zaga_fan Wrote:The first bolded....
The fact that he has a high average in less than 5 games means next to nothing lol

The second bolded....
However, he doesn't have a jump shot, and that is something all PGs above him keep in their back pocket.
If you have the luxury of being able to back up on defense when guarding a teams PG you have essentially are a step ahead of the dribbler already.
He has shown he can make the most of it for the time being, but if he can get that jumper down he will be the best PG in the league.

Why always crack down on ppl like that? I mean really...
Ballers Wrote:Why always crack down on ppl like that? I mean really...

No crackdown.

Just stating opinions.

A.) I don't think that averages aren't a good measuring stick 3 games into the season.

and B.) I think Rondo is, and is recognized as, an elite PG.
Not the best, but near the top.
i'm gonna go with number 3 has well, he is good for the team...it makes them really hard to put down
Rondo IS one of the best point guards in the NBA! He is what allows the Big 3 to be THE Big 3 because he gives them the opportunity to score by setting up the plays and giving them the ball at the best time!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
He is top 4 at the least.
I would go Deron Williams at the top, he's the most consistent PG in the league night-in night-out.
Chris Paul next, not much he can't do.
Steve Nash at 3rd, he can do everything as well(except throw down), just not as often as he used to be able to.
Then comes Rondo, but I expect him to climb up this list soon.
Unless John Wall jumps up and makes him keep his spot Wink
How there playing RIGHT NOW.
1. Rondo(9/17asts)
2. Rose(28pts/9ast)
3. Paul
4. Williams
5. Fisher...jk!..Nash.
Stardust Wrote:Just imagine if Rondo was on the greatest team in the league, the Heat!

Seriously, Rondo is the key to Boston. The Big three in Boston would be no where without Rajon.

Absolutely, they would not be anywhere if they didn't have Rajon.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
zaga_fan Wrote:The first bolded....

The second bolded....

Lol,? Rondo in no way puts his team in a bad position. He is the key to this team. Without rondo their nothing.

Nash is a liability on defense but that doesnt make him any less of a great point guard. Rondo's ability to get to the basket makes up for his shooting.
At the moment, Rondo is the best Point Guard in the NBA. That could, and most likely, will change much later in the season.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol,? Rondo in no way puts his team in a bad position. He is the key to this team. Without rondo their nothing.

Nash is a liability on defense but that doesnt make him any less of a great point guard. Rondo's ability to get to the basket makes up for his shooting.

Actually it does, lol.

but for Rondo.
Rondo doesn't put his team in a bad position....
that one little chink in his armor is something that defenses will attack in the playoffs.
Look at his shooting % from last year against the lakers.
[Image: http://johnclay.bloginky.com/files/2010/...inals2.jpg]
The Lakers made him take shots in those games.
Take away his layups from those stats and his percentage is probably awful.
On top of that.....5 OF 19 FROM THE FREE THROW LINE?!?!?!

I AM IN NO WAY SAYING THAT RONDO ISN'T A GREAT PG

I am saying he has a few holes in his game and that's why everyone says CP3 and D-Will is better.
They have an all around game.
zaga_fan Wrote:Actually it does, lol.

but for Rondo.
Rondo doesn't put his team in a bad position....
that one little chink in his armor is something that defenses will attack in the playoffs.
Look at his shooting % from last year against the lakers.
[Image: http://johnclay.bloginky.com/files/2010/...inals2.jpg]
The Lakers made him take shots in those games.
Take away his layups from those stats and his percentage is probably awful.
On top of that.....5 OF 19 FROM THE FREE THROW LINE?!?!?!

I AM IN NO WAY SAYING THAT RONDO ISN'T A GREAT PG

I am saying he has a few holes in his game and that's why everyone says CP3 and D-Will is better.
They have an all around game.

Good call.. But as far as ball handling and passing..
He gets the nod from me.. CP3 a close 2nd...
The Celtics only go as far as Rondo can take them. He is the best point guard in the NBA, IMO.

I don't like the Celtics, but I'm a huge Rondo fan.