Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baseball Coaches rarely mentioned
Baseball has lost some of its glory over the years. Football and Basketball coaches get all the publicity. Lets not forget that these baseball coaches work just as hard as basketball and football coaches.. I just wanted to start this thread so we could say thanks to our coaches around the state.. Mention some these coaches from your region!
Chris Lawson (Pikeville)--In my opinion one of the best coaches in Kentucky! Knows how to win and is good at it! Has six (I think) regional titles under his belt!

Gary Justice (Pikeville) He is the pitching coach at Pikeville! He can take credit for a lot of PIkevilles success as well! Not very publicised, but without him Pikevilles pitching staff would not be near as successful as it is!
"BaseballFan13" Wrote:Chris Lawson (Pikeville)--In my opinion one of the best coaches in Kentucky! Knows how to win and is good at it! Has six (I think) regional titles under his belt!

Gary Justice (Pikeville) He is the pitching coach at Pikeville! He can take credit for a lot of PIkevilles success as well! Not very publicised, but without him Pikevilles pitching staff would not be near as successful as it is!

Chris Lawson has 3 regional championships in 7 years as Pikeville Head Coach. Two of his teams were Section 4 runnerup also.
ok Thanx for the correction... i wasnt sure on the number
Another definite is Paintsville's Adkins!

He has had great success during a long career at Paintsville High
I always thought Adkins just walked around in the dugout and screams at everyone i didnt know he coached.
Coach Justice is a really good Coach at ER, and was also a great coach while at Millard.

I dont know if anyone remembers Joey Thacker from Elkhorn City, but he was probably the best coach I played under. I think he had 3 or 4 district titles at EC and one regional title, in I think 6 years.
Coach Taylor was a heck of a coach at Pike Central, before all that stuff happened.
Coach lawson is good but i think coach justice is so good at being a pitching coach
too many change-ups thou
haha just kidding
Chris Lawson (Pikeville) is a great coach.
Chris Lawson is liked very well by his players...well most of the anyways
2 words.....jason howell (he does it all...coaches and looks so good in those pants)
I'm not doubting Coach Lawson of Pikeville, but Charlie Adkins of Paintsville would be the skipper I'd want to play for. He's established himself for quite some time as a great coach with his winning seasons year after year and over 700 victories. I do believe he has a State Championship, State Runner-up, numerous State apperances, Sectional Crowns, Regional Championships, District Championships. He does scream a lot, but mainly it is directed toward the umpire...just taking up for his players. Another coach, but is now retired, is Mike Collins of Johnson Central. I don't remember if he got #500 or not, but he is a KHSAA Hall of Famer for sure.
Howell
Larry Adkins - East Ridge
Jason Howell-pikeville
GOOOOO GET IT!!!!
Larry Adkins is a pretty good asst. coach. He's got stuff on every pitcher this side of the Mason-Dixon Line.
dougie bulldog vanhoose
Daddy Wrote:I always thought Adkins just walked around in the dugout and screams at everyone i didnt know he coached.

Well guess what? You have been officially informed. I may be wrong and perhaps somebody's "Daddy" could have been doing the coaching for all those years.
cant believe we're discussing good Baseball coaches and Mac Whitaker (Harrison Co.) wasn't mentioned.
This thread is being monitored.... Please think before you post. I have already deleted one post and will close the thread if another is posted like it! Keep it nice!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
The thing is, phs1986, if people understood the ignorance with which they were speaking, they may choose not to make idiots of themselves! Half of this thread is old, but I am interested to see what everyone thinks about the current coaches!
Agreed PHS95....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Pikeville's Chris Lawson would get my vote, with Jason Howell at a close second.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Pikeville's Chris Lawson would get my vote, with Jason Howell at a close second.

I agree that they made a fierce team! Not sure where / if Lawson is coaching now.... isn't Priode heading up the Panthers?

I know Howell is an assistant coach for the baseball team at PL Dunbar in Lexington!

I also agree with the poster who suggested Charlie Adkins! The man always had 15th region teams of extremely high caliber during his tenure!