Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Farm Bureau Classic
2010 Farm Bureau Classic will be held at the East Kentucky Expo Center on December 10 & 11 .

December 11 2010

3:00 Shelby Valley vs. Louisville Doss

4:30 Betsy Layne vs. University Heights

6:00 Pikeville vs. Louisville Central

7:30 Quality Education Academy,NC vs. United Faith Academy,NC

9:00 Perry Central vs. Louisville Moore
Why do two teams travel from North Carolina to play eachother in Pikeville, KY. This does not make sense. Other games look good.
Wow. This has to be the weakest field I have ever seen for this event. Perry Central & Moore should be interesting, but the rest of the in-state games look forgettable.

As for the game between the North Carolina schools, I know nothing about either of these teams. But I can't imagine a game like that is going to draw much interest around here.

Hopefully, this is just a 1-year blip for the Farm Bureau Classic, and not a trend.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Top players in the Classic by Rivals

Braxton Ogbueze - Top 10 point guard in the nation and # 48 national offers from Kansas,Texas,Tennessee among others.

Dominque Pointer- 4 star St.John's

Peter Jurken -7'0 ft 3 star Indiana

Dwight Meikle- St.John's

Anthony Fields- 3 star offers from Arizona,Rice,Western Michigan

Paris Roberts-Cambell- East Carolina

Lawrence Miller- Citadel

DeOndre McWhorter- Morehead
What team is each of those players on?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Before transferring Quincy Miller played for Quality Education. Stargell Love who is now at Baylor was there during his career as well.
United Faith

Braxton Ogbueze
Peter Jurken
Paris Robert-Campbell
Lawrence Miller

Quality Education

Dominque Pointer
Dwight Meikle
Antony Fields

Moore

DeOndre McWhorter

Also from Scout.com Seun Olanrewaju and 7'0 Lekan Ajayi both on Quality Education.Louisville Central has the top freshman in the state
Sfan Wrote:2010 Farm Bureau Classic will be held at the East Kentucky Expo Center on December 10 & 11 .

December 11 2010

3:00 Shelby Valley vs. Louisville Doss

4:30 Betsy Layne vs. University Heights

6:00 Pikeville vs. Louisville Central

7:30 Quality Education Academy,NC vs. United Faith Academy,NC

9:00 Perry Central vs. Louisville Moore

First 3 games will be blowouts!
Betsy Layne and UHA will be competitive. Those North Carolina private schools have some really mundane names.
Sfan Wrote:United Faith

Braxton Ogbueze
Peter Jurken
Paris Robert-Campbell
Lawrence Miller

Quality Education

Dominque Pointer
Dwight Meikle
Antony Fields

Moore

DeOndre McWhorter

Also from Scout.com Seun Olanrewaju and 7'0 Lekan Ajayi both on Quality Education.Louisville Central has the top freshman in the state

Who is the freshman that Louisville Central has and what position does he play?
justabballfan Wrote:Who is the freshman that Louisville Central has and what position does he play?
DeAngelo Russell,Guard
lmao no offense to anyone and they choice of names but why would anyone with the last name jurken name their child peter. i mean i know that boy has to have had a rough childhood
Quality Education up by 10 on Oak Hill Academy @ half 39-29 ... Playing in Marshall County Hoopfest on ihigh.com...
Sfan Wrote:United Faith

Braxton Ogbueze
Peter Jurken
Paris Robert-Campbell
Lawrence Miller

Quality Education

Dominque Pointer
Dwight Meikle
Antony Fields

Moore

DeOndre McWhorter

Dude, Peter Jurken is getting IU back on the map. With a name like the defenders will be laughing so hard they can finally break down a defense and score.

As for the tourney, it is really taking a down year this time around. Does anyone know about those Louisville teams??? Is Doss and Central really good teams or are they some of the crappier schools in the Louisville area.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Oak Hill the #1 team in the nation wins 73-71 over Quality Education ! Wow great game ! Quality Ed. really good team !
Moore - Top 10 team lost to #1 or # 2 Eastern 47-50. Very good team!
Central- Top 20 team
Doss- New coach & players with wins over Fairdale & Waggener
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:lmao no offense to anyone and they choice of names but why would anyone with the last name jurken name their child peter. i mean i know that boy has to have had a rough childhood

I hear that he is a great ball handler but shoots to quick!! :lmao:
Great test for our local teams ! Best teams they will play all year ! Perry Central vs Moore , Betsy Layne vs UHA, Pikeville vs Central , Valley vs Doss and two top teams in the nation ! Great day of BASKETBALL !
I still would love to be there.... I hate finals.
Sounds like an excellent day even if some of the games may get out of hand.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Wow. This has to be the weakest field I have ever seen for this event. Perry Central & Moore should be interesting, but the rest of the in-state games look forgettable.

As for the game between the North Carolina schools, I know nothing about either of these teams. But I can't imagine a game like that is going to draw much interest around here.

Hopefully, this is just a 1-year blip for the Farm Bureau Classic, and not a trend.
you dont kno much about mountain basketball
More Cowbell Wrote:Wow. This has to be the weakest field I have ever seen for this event. Perry Central & Moore should be interesting, but the rest of the in-state games look forgettable.

WAY TOGO BOBCATS...NICE WIN....:popcorn::rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]