Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favre's consecutive starts streak over at 297
Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre won't start Monday night's game against the New York Giants, ending a streak of 297 consecutive starts -- the longest streak of any position player in NFL history.

Favre sprained the SC joint near his right shoulder when he was tackled by Arthur Moats on his first pass of last Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills. He practiced sparingly on Friday, making only a few soft tosses to teammates, but Favre was listed among the Vikings' inactives Monday night. He was not listed as the No. 3 quarterback either.

Vikings spokesman Jeff Anderson said Favre is not suited up for the game.

Espn
I hate to see this honestly because I've never had issues with Favre. On the other hand, however, I think the Vikings stand a better chance of winning with Jackson...Favre is way past his prime now.
Just one of those things that you knew was coming but never thought you would actually see it!
Sad(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
This is awful news! And I'm not even a Favre fan!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I knew it was coming sometime this season, I understand the man's passion for the game but he should have hung it up last season. He is too old now and with the whole Jenn Sterger ordeal it has at the very least scuffed an otherwise wonderful career.
Would have loved to have seen him reach 300. But, I gained even more respect for him tonight as a player. His team mates tried to get him to start the game and take a snap or two and then let Jackson take over. Brett would have no part of that. Wasn't going to play unless he could finishing it. He could have easly kept the streak alive, but didn't and wouldn't in that manner.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
We have all been lucky to see someone compete at the level Favre has for this long.
Congrats on a great career and I hope this isn't the last we've seen of you on the football field.