Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 8th defeats Wurtland,Boyd Co and Verity
Just an update.
How did Rams 7th grade do in the tourny?
I think they got beat by Verity inthe 7th grade game by 2. Tough game and a fun one to watch!!
Thanks Ram-Fan, i didnt get to see the game.
Is Verity 7th still playing without the center they had earlier in the year? Thought i read on another thread that he was out. He is a big difference maker for that team.

The Raceland over Wurtland 8th game was the one last Tuesday (Raceland by 20ish). What were the scores of the Boyd-Raceland and Verity-Raceland 8th grade games this weekend?
In response to the question about the 7th grade center, he is hoping to be eligible when the current grading period is over, sometime after the first of the yearl...Verity also lost the guard Baker, he trasnsferred to Boyd County.
Thanks for the update. I hope he does what he needs to do and does become eligable. He is a fine talent. I saw Verity 7th once this year when they beat Wurtland 7th out at East Carter. I remember a fairly good size skilled point guard they had that stood out. Was that the kid that transferred?
Yes he is the one that transferred, his name is Quinton Baker, more know for his football abilities than basketball, but he is probably the best pure athlete in this region of the state.
Raceland was up by 18 on Boyd I think when starters came out , ended up 43-40. Raceland with Verity was the same. Raceland up by 19 at one point and starters came out. Dont know the final, think it was by 13-15 or so, do not know. Maybe ASH Fan knows... I can find out, we play tonight at home against West Carter.
The Baker kid played with Boyd this past weekend on the 7th grade team.
RamFan, you must be talking 8th grade against Boyd...Boyd 7th had an easy win over Raceland 7th in the Verity Tourny this past weekend.
I am told that Boyd plays Raceland on New Years Day,,,.can you confirm this RamFan?
Yes Raceland 8th defeated Boyd 8th. I do not know when they play. I do not know the updated schedule. Sounds stupid to me to play new Years Day,,,,,, Kids are not going to be here from what I understand.
ashfan Wrote:In response to the question about the 7th grade center, he is hoping to be eligible when the current grading period is over, sometime after the first of the yearl...Verity also lost the guard Baker, he trasnsferred to Boyd County.

Why did Baker transfer to Boyd Co. was it because Verity does not allow 7th graders to play up on the 8th grade team? just curious.
No..The playing up didnt have anything to do with Baker transferring...He lives in the Boyd School District.
Confirmed today, Boyd does play Raceland on Sat Jan 1...7 & 8 games for sure, not sure about 6th grade.
Would Raceland play Virgie tomorrow{12-28-10}?
We play Russell today.
Virgie would be willing to come down and play a few games on the weekend of Jan.7th and 8th.
new o Wrote:Virgie would be willing to come down and play a few games on the weekend of Jan.7th and 8th.

I am a 7th grade coach for Raceland. I will talk to the powers that be and see what i can do. it would have to be 7th and 8th or possibly 6th 7th and 8th. i will get back to you on this. How many teams do you have?
I could bring a 7th and 8th. Do yo think Boyd or another school would play also. I would like to spend the night and play the entire weekend.
Would you guys be interested in coming to Floyd County and being the 12th team in our tournament at Betsy Layne? It has some really good competition, most people on here have ranked Virgie, Betsy Layne and Johnson Central in there top 10 for the state. Elkhorn City has already beat Johnson Central this year too, Martin County is extremely tough and every other team in this tournament is very capable of beating anyone else in it. We would love to have you guys, some out of region competition is always fun for both teams involved. Can promise two games at least if you come.
new o Wrote:I could bring a 7th and 8th. Do yo think Boyd or another school would play also. I would like to spend the night and play the entire weekend.

The scheduling person is working on it as we type. I'm guessing this would be a Friday Saturday type thing. You won't get anybody down here to play on a sunday. We have an away game in ohio on the 8th that will have to be moved but, I don't think that will be a problem. I will get back to you soon. Would really be nice if you could get a 6th grade team down here too.
Keep me informed. We just want to play.