Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(RUMOR) New Coach @ Johnson Central
I heard that Hatcher might be interested in this job, but there are always rumors about him leaving, and I definitely don't believe he would leave now.
Cristina McKenzie Wrote:You care to site your "administrator" who brought this information "straight to you today?" To my knowledge, the board doesn't hire or fire anyone and I am most certain, if he were to be fired or "let go," the administration would more than likely tell him first rather than consult you. This is hearsay and you know it. If you are in the building visiting, come by his room...23 or mine...24 and we will discuss this together with the "administrator" if you like. He has the complete backing of not only the Principal, but also Superintendent Trimble. He is 66-49 in 4 years. He has won the district championsip and been to the regional tournament in 3 of the 4 years. Trace that back to recent coaches....not too shabby by those standards. He has been in the regional championship game and to the semi-finals. He has guided this program to two, 20 win seasons in his 4 years which are the only two such seasons since he played in 2000. Granted, all are disappointed about the end of the season this year! Believe me when I tell you, no one is disappointed more than him! Expectations are high at JC and he likes it that way. But no one has higher expectations than he does for this program and the school. Did this year's team under-achieve, probably so, and for that he still feels terrible. But he works hard, loves the boys like his own sons (ask them), and would do anything to get JC to prominence. Keep in mind, in the 40 plus year history of JC, they have won the regional tournament 5 times...yes only 5 times. It is so stupid for people to bash him on this site and talk about him behind his back. It is unbelievable the amount of trash that is tossed about on this site by the JC "community." You people cannot wait to get home after a tough loss to post on this site. We lose to Shelby Valley in the regional tournament and there are what, 200+ posts...how about 14 for winning the district championship! This is a problem with coaching at JC...one that not only he has dealt with, and dealt with extremely well, but other coaches have had to deal with as well. Imagine being a basketball player at JC...it is almost like coaching there. It is sometimes a no-win situation in that when you do win...you were supposed to win and win you lose...you were supposed to win! You need to be smart enough to have 100% Facts when you post garbage like this. You never know who reads it.

I have at least said my peace...without hiding behind a screen. Come out..let's talk about how we can make JC a better program!

lol really? I hope you don't teach English...

And to the people who said JC doesn't need a new coach..are you blind? Did you even watch a game this year? Come on..that was some of the most ridiculous crap I've ever seen from a team and it's players and coaches.

This site is for debating sports. Rumors of coaching changes is included in that.
I agree with the coach's wife, quit hiding behind a fake name on a computer and go and talk to her and the coach personally, instead of starting rumors.
TheRealVille Wrote:I agree with the coach's wife, quit hiding behind a fake name on a computer and go and talk to her and the coach personally, instead of starting rumors.

When the coach's wife feels the need to get on a gossip and rumors site and brag on her husband that might tell you all you need to know about the JC situation, sounds like it is out of hand and maybe its time for a change. They have no doubt underachieved.
hopefully Runyon although most hate him from central, he was one of the best coaches ive seen in the area.
9-POINT Wrote:hopefully Runyon although most hate him from central, he was one of the best coaches ive seen in the area.

with runyon and JC's talent this year they would have went to the state tournament. i odubt he comes back to coaching though, but you are right he was one of the best coaches in the area.
TheRealVille Wrote:I agree with the coach's wife, quit hiding behind a fake name on a computer and go and talk to her and the coach personally, instead of starting rumors.

true, rumors really do stir up alot of unwanted attention. however, its peoples opinions about the JC situation. IMO coach mckenzie could have and should have been able to win region with his talent he had.
As I have stated earlier now this is just a rumor, but from what I am hearing from a couple of board members, they are not happy with the way things are going. And we all know that in the end they will call the shots, they have to face the public and for the most part the public is not happy.

Tommy is a great guy, but this is not about Tommy. This is about what is best for the JC basketball program. Having an opinion that is not in agreement with the current staff is not being a fan, to the contrary it is being a good fan. A good fan wants only what is best for the program. Most people agree the JC basketball program is broken and needs to be fixed and should support whatever it takes to get it fixed.
Runyon could of very well won it all with this level of talent. but I will say this, under Runyon there would of been no Cody Parker I love the boy to death but he would not of lasted under coach Runyon. Or Matt Ratliff for that matter. I think they put Tommy in the same position Paintsville put coach Kinner in.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Runyon could of very well won it all with this level of talent. but I will say this, under Runyon there would of been no Cody Parker I love the boy to death but he would not of lasted under coach Runyon. Or Matt Ratliff for that matter. I think they put Tommy in the same position Paintsville put coach Kinner in.

so true couldnt agree more.
Quarterback7 Wrote:When the coach's wife feels the need to get on a gossip and rumors site and brag on her husband that might tell you all you need to know about the JC situation, sounds like it is out of hand and maybe its time for a change. They have no doubt underachieved.

Exactly.

Anyone want a sammich?
It really doesnt matter who you fire or hire as a coach a coach can only do so much when it comes to winning the game....the players play the games not the coach and if a player wants to be a crybaby because things arent going there way then whats the coach suppose to do...if he takes them out and they lose they still hear it so dont really matter....Tommy is a good coach imo just alot of retarted politics and whiny kids that think they are above the coach is what keeps the program down.
Big_Wiggle33 Wrote:It really doesnt matter who you fire or hire as a coach a coach can only do so much when it comes to winning the game....the players play the games not the coach and if a player wants to be a crybaby because things arent going there way then whats the coach suppose to do...if he takes them out and they lose they still hear it so dont really matter....Tommy is a good coach imo just alot of retarted politics and whiny kids that think they are above the coach is what keeps the program down.

a good coach should teach a player how to keep composure. politics has noting to do with mckenzies coaching when anyone can see that he could have done better. if players like on JC keep shooting the ball when they are 1 for 12 then the coach should probably step in and say something dontcha think?
Am I on Bluegrass rivals or Topix?

Instead of enjoying Bluegrass Rivals by reading about our school and other schools stats and achievements this site has turned into a gossip/rumor site! I for one am getting tired of all the complaining! Get a grip ppl! The truth is if the Coach had gotten rid of the players that some of you are saying he should have, you would be on here complaining because he got rid of them... and saying "Oh we would have had a winning team if only that Coach had kept so and so on our team!" You cant have it both ways! I say if you cant write something that is positive or fact keep it to yourself and lets get back to being able to enjoy Bluegrass Rivals instead of Bluegrass Topix!