Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Carter v Lawrence County (Updates)
Lawrence 2 East 0 in the top of the 5th. Good game.
3-0 final.

Better get used to these close ones. Have major concerns about the dogs offense.

Shepherd 5 inn. 0 hits and 14 K's. Banks 2 inn. of no hit ball. Combined no-hitter for the Bulldogs.
Official book had East with 1 hit in the pressbox, Robinson I believe. Shepard had 12 K's and Banks 2. Shepard is again the only thing that seperates LC from other teams, but it is quite a seperation with him throwing.
Shepherd did have 12 k's, but one he hit a batter then threw that same kid out at first. He allowed a runner off a wild pitch or catcher error not sure then a ground ball right back to him which he got the out.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Shepherd did have 12 k's, but one he hit a batter then threw that same kid out at first. He allowed a runner off a wild pitch or catcher error not sure then a ground ball right back to him which he got the out.

Your making me dizzy lc. What the heck did you just say???

You write newspaper articles , huh? lol
i for one agree that LCs offense will keep them at low runs for the fact that LC only has a couple of good hitters like banks shepherd and compton. this could be a huge disadvantage for them when facing a high calibur hitting team, like pikeville.

congrats dawgs
Future HOF'er Wrote:Official book had East with 1 hit in the pressbox, Robinson I believe. Shepard had 12 K's and Banks 2. Shepard is again the only thing that seperates LC from other teams, but it is quite a seperation with him throwing.

i disagree with this statement.
east carter is good.
lawrence county is much better though, even with shepherd off the mound.
east carter had weak pitching lc should have scored alot more runs, left too many men on. they hit the ball good and put it in play all night they just hit it right at people, which is just the game of baseball. however to think that if you take shepherd away we east carter is better than lc or even is far fetched.

anyone have batting stats??
shepherd went 5 innings. 13 strikeouts an no hits.

the 2 baserunners reached on an error and a hits battmen. which shepherd both picked off at first the following pitches.

get ur facts straight or quit posting on here.
He hit the one kid then thre him out at first, then one reached on a 3rd strike which went past the castcher and the other off an error on the second baseman.
The second baseman had to go to his left, ball took a tricky hop, official book said hit. That is all I said. I watched the guns all night, Shepard topped at 89, consistently 85-87.
Banks threw well for LC too, topped out at 85. East threw their 4 and then brought in their 3. Clay and Baier are 1 and 2 for East. LC will have a good year, they don't hit as well as past LC teams I have seen, but are good 1-5 or so in the order. Good luck to both teams.
Future HOF'er Wrote:The second baseman had to go to his left, ball took a tricky hop, official book said hit. That is all I said. I watched the guns all night, Shepard topped at 89, consistently 85-87.
Banks threw well for LC too, topped out at 85. East threw their 4 and then brought in their 3. Clay and Baier are 1 and 2 for East. LC will have a good year, they don't hit as well as past LC teams I have seen, but are good 1-5 or so in the order. Good luck to both teams.

great night for shep it sounds.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:He hit the one kid then thre him out at first, then one reached on a 3rd strike which went past the castcher and the other off an error on the second baseman.

lol... I'm not sure this is much better.

Are you trying to say an EC batter was HBP and then was later picked off at first?

Then I assume you meant to say a batter struck out and then reached first on a catcher's error (passed ball)? I'm sure am glad you didn't refer to him as him as a hind catcher....lol

Hey, you did do well describing the batter reaching base on a second baseman error. Very good!!

Are you sure you write columns about baseball for a living?

Dont get mad, I'm just kidding around with you LCgrad!!:biggrin:
StraightCheese Wrote:shepherd went 5 innings. 13 strikeouts an no hits.

the 2 baserunners reached on an error and a hits battmen. which shepherd both picked off at first the following pitches.

get ur facts straight or quit posting on here

lol...Calm down tiger!!!
Future HOF'er Wrote:The second baseman had to go to his left, ball took a tricky hop, official book said hit. That is all I said. I watched the guns all night, Shepard topped at 89, consistently 85-87.

i find it hard to believe they pitch the 4 against LC....

also its still early and LC can hit boys, let everyone get settled in... if they arent hitting the ball in another week or 2 then we can begin to question...
pitching and defense is great. the bats was there against LC they just hit it right at someone. had alot of runners on just needed a couple hard hit ball to have fallen and the game would have been busted out....

Banks with 2-4 and a homerun RBI, Cline 2-3 RBI, Rice 2-4 RBI
i believe those was the only one that had 2 hits? please correct me if i am wrong, i dont mean anything by it those are just the ones i remember for sure
[quote=SweetTea][B]i find it hard to believe they pitch the 4 against LC
It's true. Maybe they realized Shep was going to throw and threw off.
SweetTea Wrote:i find it hard to believe they pitch the 4 against LC....

also its still early and LC can hit boys, let everyone get settled in... if they arent hitting the ball in another week or 2 then we can begin to question...
pitching and defense is great. the bats was there against LC they just hit it right at someone. had alot of runners on just needed a couple hard hit ball to have fallen and the game would have been busted out....

Banks with 2-4 and a homerun RBI, Cline 2-3 RBI, Rice 2-4 RBI
i believe those was the only one that had 2 hits? please correct me if i am wrong, i dont mean anything by it those are just the ones i remember for sure

Get settled in???? Come on now Sweet Pea, you guys that guzzle all that magic water down there have led us to beleive they have been in post season form since January.

Go Dawgs!!!
Bob Seger Wrote:Get settled in???? Come on now Sweet Pea, you guys that guzzle all that magic water down there have led us to beleive they have been in post season form since January.

Go Dawgs!!!

all this talk about this water is moronic, you and CH think your little inside joke is so funny but guess what its not, and you are being quite redundant with it.
the thing is, your obtuse and witless opinion doesnt matter at all, neither does mine or anyone else's on here.
your insufficient post have no significant meaning at all.

you cant even make up your mind on weather your a LC fan or buddy buddy with CH and the tiger nation.

you know nothing about the game of baseball, you know the basics but the actual game of baseball you need to dig deep on google you and CH both and learn something.

its the 2nd game of the year and your already talking about how LC cant hit, okay shep and banks may be in a slump but look how they have hit since freshman year, they arent going to stop this year. what you should be looking at is how Tucker, Musick, Cline, Daniels and Rice, even Moore and the rest of the Dawgs that have had limited at bats, i know daniels was at paintsville and obviously batted last year but had no mechanics until he came here. so ill include him in that. these guys have been swinging good. getting hits producing some runs and putting the ball in play which is what should be asked of highschool hitters. the hitting will be there. like i said if the hitting is still down in a couple weeks then yes ill agree something needs to be done.

right now shep, and cline have pitched 2 games back to back where they have been lights out. with banks and musick getting the close.
shep 15 k's 0 hits. shutout
cline 12 k's 3 hits. shutout

i expect whoever pitches friday probably cody moore to continue the hotstreak on the mound, the defense has been pretty solid, not perfect but its the second game and error or 2 should be expected its baseball...

as for not putting up 18 runs against east carter and pike central, thats not always gonna happen, its unrealistic in the game of baseball. Lc left too many men on base in both games, they will find the bats that we know they have.

keep drinking that dirty paintsville water...

im sure this post will get shutdown though because im not one of the good ole boys. even though it shouldnt
SweetTea Wrote:all this talk about this water is moronic, you and CH think your little inside joke is so funny but guess what its not, and you are being quite redundant with it.
the thing is, your obtuse and witless opinion doesnt matter at all, neither does mine or anyone else's on here.

you cant even make up your mind on weather your a LC fan or buddy buddy with CH and the tiger nation.

you know nothing about the game of baseball, you know the basics but the actual game of baseball you need to dig deep on google you and CH both and learn something.

its the 2nd game of the year and your already talking about how LC cant hit, okay shep and banks may be in a slump but look how they have hit since freshman year, they arent going to stop this year. what you should be looking at is how Tucker, Musick, Cline, Daniels and Rice, even Moore and the rest of the Dawgs that have had limited at bats, i know daniels was at paintsville and obviously batted last year but had no mechanics until he came here. so ill include him in that. these guys have been swinging good. getting hits producing some runs and putting the ball in play which is what should be asked of highschool hitters. the hitting will be there. like i said if the hitting is still down in a couple weeks then yes ill agree something needs to be done.

right now shep, and cline have pitched 2 games back to back where they have been lights out. with banks and musick getting the close.

i expect whoever pitches friday probably cody moore to continue the hotstreak on the mound, the defense has been pretty solid, not perfect but its the second game and error or 2 should be expected its baseball...

as for not putting up 18 runs against east carter and pike central, thats not always gonna happen, its unrealistic in the game of baseball. Lc left too many men on base in both games, they will find the bats that we know they have.

im sure this post will get shutdown though because im not one of the good ole boys. even though it shouldnt
Cut and paste? Very good Sweet Pea. You've bragged all along about how smart you are. Now it's starting to really show through.You continue to impress....lol

Go Dawgs!!!
Bob Seger Wrote:Cut and paste? Very good Sweet Pea. You've bragged all along about how smart you are. Now it's starting to really show through.You continue to impress....lol

Go Dawgs!!!

They have been bragging all year. Cant back it up and that is some tough old crow to swallow. LOL
SweetTea Wrote:all this talk about this water is moronic, you and CH think your little inside joke is so funny but guess what its not, and you are being quite redundant with it.

Actually, Seger may have forgotten more about baseball than most coaches in the 15th region. You better not get it started or it is possible you will be embarrassed.

One thing to remember if you have been around the game long enough, is that Banks and Shep realize they dont have a lot of support behind them in the lineup and I would expect them both to press a little early on until someone steps up that they believe they can count on. Both will hit the ball but pressing could start a slump that is hard to dig themselves out of.

I love the Banks kid as a player, he is one of my favorites in the area. He is old school and doesnt get the credit he deserves.

Good luck and remember you were the one talking about how good LC bats were, not us. We are just reminding you.
your right we have been bragging, 2 games in justifies nothing...
SweetTea Wrote:your right we have been bragging, 2 games in justifies nothing...

Sweat Pea calm down and lay off the caffiene. If you shut your mouth it wont bite off more than you can chew. Crow sucks!