Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 3 - Powell County 1
Final From Stanton
The game was played at Lawrence Co due to the field at Powell was to wet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:The game was played at Lawrence Co due to the field at Powell was to wet.

Thanks For the Info. Someone needs to Switch it on KHSAA
Who pitched for each team?
Cline pitched for LC. I heard he only gave up one hit. I was also told the defense was strong tonight for the bulldogs.
Congrats LC.
Would not read to much into this win, LC bats are dead! they will need to get them going alot better if they intend on competing for a title, except for Shephard's robbing homerun catch this game was a sleeper!
Cheap shoes save 90% OFF. You can go to the online to get the pumps, heels, platforms. christian louboutin discount shoes with centain high looks so sexy and give you more comfortable. The surface looks smooth, actually is really handmade. Put on the type of christian louboutin boots shoes, you will be more confident. Find fashionable and beautiful shoes in Christian louboutin outlet shop. Our store at your offer you want shoes! Welcome to purchase them.
Yeah sleeper except the fact that Cline pitches a complete game only giving up one earned run on one hit..
Great win for the dogs their 8 game winning streak stays alive.
the bats wasnt so hot but they havent played since wayne, and i wouldnt be worried about that.
complete game, 1 hitter with 10k's sounded like a good game to me...
pitching and defense was solid as it has been all year except for one day.
the bats are there and LC has proven they have them, everyone has an off day batting bottom line the score was 3 to 1 with the dawgs walking away with another W
Powell bats cold all year so far. Too many rain outs. Give Powell credit for good defense also. Pirates were saving best pitching for Estill.
The two pitchers Powell pitched last night pitched a great game, only giving up 3 hits in the whole game. The pitchers scheduled to pitch against estill county are in no way better than these 2 guys and I definitely don't think you are right in saying they saved the "best pitching" for estill. I've been to every game. Great game by 25 and 23. Look forward to seeing them both pitch in college next year
Hey huggybus.. Just read some of your past posts and you said you were Burton's uncle. I think you may have been at the wrong game last night. Why come to the game if all you are going to do is hate on LC?
redsfan2345 Wrote:The two pitchers Powell pitched last night pitched a great game, only giving up 3 hits in the whole game. The pitchers scheduled to pitch against estill county are in no way better than these 2 guys and I definitely don't think you are right in saying they saved the "best pitching" for estill. I've been to every game. Great game by 25 and 23. Look forward to seeing them both pitch in college next year

the kid that pitched first? pitch in college?
72-76 mph. a floater curve that wasnt thrown for a strike all night and he was just hoping to throw a strike... he wasnt "pitching" theres alot more to pitching that throwing the ball. id like to see his ball strike ratio, whip, etc.

good win for the dawgs who hadnt played in a few days,great pitching and defense
No where in my comment did i bash or hate on LC! I am a LC fan always have been always will be just stating in my opinion it was a sleeper of a game, Although I have been reading all the post on here and this was the first game i got to watch this year of LC and what I seen was not really impressing, On the other hand I am interested in Pikeville because Sam is my nephew and the two games I have watched of Pikeville, LC will have to step up alot to compete with them, just my observation though!
Let's try to keep it civil.

Thx. SD
Let's try to keep it civil.

Thx. SD
huggybus02 Wrote:No where in my comment did i bash or hate on LC! I am a LC fan always have been always will be just stating in my opinion it was a sleeper of a game, Although I have been reading all the post on here and this was the first game i got to watch this year of LC and what I seen was not really impressing, On the other hand I am interested in Pikeville because Sam is my nephew and the two games I have watched of Pikeville, LC will have to step up alot to compete with them, just my observation though!

after losing to prestonsburg, almost losing to allen central, and hamilton of SC giving up no hits in 3 innings of work, to many close games for the panthers, i dont see where you can be talking,
however it is baseball and things happen.
so there you go. LC will be fine, pikeville and LC will battle it out as the dawgs advance on to take on the winner of the 9th
huggybus02 Wrote:No where in my comment did i bash or hate on LC! I am a LC fan always have been always will be just stating in my opinion it was a sleeper of a game, Although I have been reading all the post on here and this was the first game i got to watch this year of LC and what I seen was not really impressing, On the other hand I am interested in Pikeville because Sam is my nephew and the two games I have watched of Pikeville, LC will have to step up alot to compete with them, just my observation though!

explain sleeper of a game,?

1 hitter? sounds like a close good battle of a game.
all i meant by that was not very exciting 4 total hits in the game guess I was just expecting more. Just not alot of excitement out of the players maybe it was the fact they had not played in a while. I look forward to LC and Pikeville it really can go either way! should be fun though!
say huggybus, got any tires i can borrow?
great game by the dawgs and congrats to cline, i agree powells first pitcher no way colllege material.
Ha , just the spare around my waist!
redsfan2345 Wrote:The two pitchers Powell pitched last night pitched a great game, only giving up 3 hits in the whole game. The pitchers scheduled to pitch against estill county are in no way better than these 2 guys and I definitely don't think you are right in saying they saved the "best pitching" for estill. I've been to every game. Great game by 25 and 23. Look forward to seeing them both pitch in college next year

Can someone tell me who 25 and 23 are for powell?
Baseballkid10 Wrote:Can someone tell me who 25 and 23 are for powell?

23 - Joe Scott (SR)

25 - Jeremy Trent (SR)
Trent pitched the first four innings and scott came in relief and pitched the last 2
Who did Powell start on the mound in this game?
Dashiprock Wrote:great game by the dawgs and congrats to cline, i agree powells first pitcher no way colllege material.
OK, Trent started and from what I have heard....he is signing with Alice Lloyd. I think that means that he is college material. I also heard that the Scott kids pitched really good as well. Threw a nuckle ball and put Shepherd down swinging. Total of five hits....2 for Powell and 3 for lawrence.