Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News !!!!!!
Another fire at a mine in Boone Co WVA. There are reports that some minners are unaccounted for. No other information at this time. News crews are on there way there at this time.
Thats horrible, I didn't know anything about this till just now. I'm going to turn it on the news.
Man, what is going on with these mines all of the sudden?
I can't take anymore bad news. Let's pray that this is not happening again.
Man i think need to improve mine safety....hope those ppl make it out
OU_Bruiser Wrote:Man i think need to improve mine safety....hope those ppl make it out

My grandfather, father, and husband were/are miners and I have never heard of this many fires taking place in mines this closely together.

I agree that mining technology needs to play catch-up with technology that is available now...but this many tragedies so closely together is very strange.
Yeah this is crazy that so many things are going wrong in the mines this close together.
Just learning that Two were reported dead, this is such sad new.
Pirate Pal Wrote:My grandfather, father, and husband were/are miners and I have never heard of this many fires taking place in mines this closely together.

I agree that mining technology needs to play catch-up with technology that is available now...but this many tragedies so closely together is very strange.

I hear that PP. Nice post. Almost all the men in my family are/were miners and I hadn't heard of this many accidents in this short of time EVER! They definetly need to do something and now if 2 more are confirmed death..When are they going to open their eyes? This is almost 20 miners in one month...What are they going to do? To get stuff done, you have to light a fire under someone's ass but if THIS isn't enough then I don't know what to do..
The fines should be doubled if caught doing any thing illegal in mines.....it would probly cut down on tragedies........i feel for those familys
My dad and I were talking about how to solve problems like this and I mentioned if the mining inspectors cracked down on mines and stuff. He said that they really wouldn't/couldn't because it would put A LOT of mines out of business, which puts A LOT of people out of jobs and the economy just can't afford that. Something along the lines needs to be done, just not sure what.
if its gonna shut the mines down think about this then i don;t think the ppl should be working in it but i guess if u need money u will work in any conditions......
This is very sad news.. I will be praying for their family, fellow miners and friends.
Just heard on tv that Governor Joe Manchin is asking that all West Virgina mines be closed down for the time being.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/01/mine.close/index.html

Mine deaths spur call for 'stand down'

West Virginia governor asks for emergency review after two die

West Virginia Gov. Joe Manchin on Wednesday called for the state's mines to halt operations for safety reviews after two miners died in accidents earlier in the day.
Man--this sucks.

For all of you who have family in the minds--my thoughts are with you--because this just makes things that much more difficult for you.

Peace be with you and your family.
One death happened on a Surface Mine a Dozier operator hit a gas line or gas well an started a fire the operator was killed.
The other death happened in a underground mine when the rib (like a wall) broke lose and knocked a wooden post over on top of a miner. These are called rib rolls and usually happen in the thicker seams.

Prayers go out to the family and friends

This was reported on WSAZ.com
Three different mines had accidents within hours in West Vrigina.. that is crazy.. I can understand why all mines are on 'stand down'.. they need to take a break until all safety procedures are looked at
One accident in Mallet Fork in Knott Co. happened. A rock fell and hit hit a miner. I think they said he was still in the hospital.

Then a wreck over at StarFire over @ Talcom happened when a coal trucks brakes went out, the word yesterday was that it killed him and his passenger but the news siad that they were just hospitalized..........That hill is pretty steep. I've come off of it numerous times.... The way that the runaway ramps are angled you will tear a truck all to hell if you hit them. It was a bad day yesterday.