Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best defensive middle infield in the 15th region?
In your opinion who has the best middle infield in the region which would be the short stop and 2nd baseman...also the best all around infield team?
in my opinion i would have to give the middle infield to lc...but jc's middle infield is pretty solid to when will isnt pitching so that one is close...but for overall i would definatly give lc the upper hand
LC_Dawgs Wrote:In your opinion who has the best middle infield in the region which would be the short stop and 2nd baseman...also the best all around infield team?
Pikeville's Gavin Miller and Steven Layne. Best all around, I would also have to go with Pikeville, Keene at 3rd, Hamilton at 1st to join Miller and Layne.
I would go with Lawrence County or Pikeville. Both have solid ball clubs and skill at every position it looks like. These two show why they are the leaders in the 15th region with outstanding defense to go along with great pitching.
yes pikeville does have a solid infield also
Pikeville would most definetely get the edge in this! These kids have been playing together in that infield for about 4 years now and that goes a long way. When you are able to trust your teammates that play beside you and know the balls they can get to and when to take it and when to let them have it? That alone gives them an edge. Regardless, I still think defensively Pikeville has the best team in the region? IT may be because they play on turf and there are no bad hops, but that is just the perks of getting to play there.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Pikeville would most definetely get the edge in this! These kids have been playing together in that infield for about 4 years now and that goes a long way. When you are able to trust your teammates that play beside you and know the balls they can get to and when to take it and when to let them have it? That alone gives them an edge. Regardless, I still think defensively Pikeville has the best team in the region? IT may be because they play on turf and there are no bad hops, but that is just the perks of getting to play there.

Turf has nothing to do with it, we have played 17 games off the turf and this group is nothing but solid. I have said if there is better infield in the state of Kentucky, I would like to see it. They have exceptional players at every position. It has been a pleasure watching them do it all year. Actually the turf helps the mediocre teams because of the hops, more than it does Pikeville. I hate turf, except when it rains.
when banks isnt pitching i would say LC though no offense to pikeville they also have a very solid infield
Commanche Wrote:Turf has nothing to do with it, we have played 17 games off the turf and this group is nothing but solid. I have said if there is better infield in the state of Kentucky, I would like to see it. They have exceptional players at every position. It has been a pleasure watching them do it all year. Actually the turf helps the mediocre teams because of the hops, more than it does Pikeville. I hate turf, except when it rains.

I agree with you, the only thing turf does is give terrible teams "hope" when they come to town? haha! Pikeville does have a great infield, and you are right i'd like to see a better one if they exist? I wish the KHSAA would come up with someway to rank everyone's infield and outfield?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I agree with you, the only thing turf does is give terrible teams "hope" when they come to town? haha! Pikeville does have a great infield, and you are right i'd like to see a better one if they exist? I wish the KHSAA would come up with someway to rank everyone's infield and outfield?
Rest assured, if they did, the top 20 would all be Lexington and Louisville schools. I don't have much faith in the KHSAA to be able to rank grades of toilet paper, much less best infields, etc.