Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry/LC updates
long_time_pirate Wrote:The throw from the catcher was legit! Nice play IMHO
CF was on his game last night and would NOT have let the "bad hop" one by him..he was ON the ball and it "popped" right over his head after hitting something in the grass.
CF and Williams (along with 1st base and 3rd base last night) are all playing well together. These young men have been together for a while and will all be back next year.
IF I wanted to get technical, I have a picture of the CF's first hit (well, his run to base) and he was a step and a half PAST the bag and that was a huge missed call as he is fast and could have maybe made some noise himself with the help of his teammates. Now, I'm not going to beat a dead horse to death but this game could have went either way... I do however believe that Belfry shocked LC as they did NOT expect what they saw last night.

long_time_pirate Wrote:Yes shocked. According to all that I've read on here the LC faithful (to be nice about it) seemed to think that LC would walk away with a mercy in 5 innings. FYI, the shock was noticed during the 1st inning so I'm not sure what game you were at but the one I attended, showed exactly by the "reactions".... IF you know what I mean! hahahaha

The scoreboard said LC won and they moved on to the "CHAMPIONSHIP" game...... IF you know what I mean. Confusedhh:
long_time_pirate Wrote:Yes shocked. According to all that I've read on here the LC faithful (to be nice about it) seemed to think that LC would walk away with a mercy in 5 innings. FYI, the shock was noticed during the 1st inning so I'm not sure what game you were at but the one I attended, showed exactly by the "reactions".... IF you know what I mean! hahahaha

Actually go back and look in the thread with predictions. I knew LC could hold Belfry off but wasn't sure LC could get enough runs on the scoreboard to get it done.
Wildcats11 Wrote:The scoreboard said LC won and they moved on to the "CHAMPIONSHIP" game...... IF you know what I mean. Confusedhh:

Yep sure do know what ya mean. All it takes is 1 and LC got the 1 they needed. Sure didn't get the 10+ they were predicted to get though did they?

Good luck PIKEVILLE!!
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Thanks Belfry for a classy hard played game.Tyler you and your team played well tonight. You guys may have struggled at time this year but improvement is quite obvious.We discussed this earlier this year with one of the Pirate faithful.Some on here would like to take away from this game which might show a touch of insecurity. Again Thanks.

ON behalf of the boys (I will mention this to them) thank you for your post. Those young men worked hard last night and played the caliber ball they have had in them all season long. It's nice to see someone noticed and thank you again!