Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans have shut down the FAA
Republicans trying to union bust has shut down the FAA, and caused furloughs and stopped construction projects. http://thehill.com/blogs/transportation-...ng-expires
When you decide to read the articles to which you link, please let me know. Your thread title does not match the content of the article. I am glad that the Republicans in the House are not sending bills to the Senate to simply rubber stamp - that is not what they were elected to do. The Democratic-controlled Senate refused to pass the House bill, which would have extended the funding.

Your thread title is extremely misleading, not unlike some of your other recent threads.
For anybody who actually cares to read the article that RV posted, I recommend reading the first comment listed below the article. The comment was written by Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina and his explanation of the hypocrisy of the Senate on this and similar matters is more informative than the article. The more I listen to and read DeMint's thoughts on the state of our federal government and economy, the more I wish that he would run for president. He strikes me as one of the very few honest people in the US Senate - in either party.
Give up $1 billion in revenue to save $16 million. That's Republican math.
Spend a $trillion, borrow a $trillion. That is Obama math.
BillyB Wrote:Give up $1 billion in revenue to save $16 million. That's Republican math.
call some Senators and tell them to vote for the bill sent them. oh wait......................
BillyB Wrote:Give up $1 billion in revenue to save $16 million. That's Republican math.

And here you had me convinced you were one of those way out there, right wing extremist wacko terrorists. Gee golly, you just never can figure some folk out!!:igiveup:
Please take note below of an excerpt from your own article RV. As usual the House does their work and gets a bill passed that Harry Reid blocks. Nevada, sent this bozo back to Washington to derail due proccess and foster grid lock in the legislature. Ironically, the ONLY thing on which I have ever agreed with Obama on was his stand on avoiding the state of Nevada.

EXCERPT-
The House on Wednesday approved an extension of FAA taxes until Sept. 16, but that extension included language that would prohibit federal subsidies from going to three small airports in Montana, Nevada and New Mexico because tickets there are subsidized at more than $1,000 per ticket.

Well duh, we are trying to cut spending. This is the problem with the free wheeling spenders, they don't know how to begin to cut back. Their arrogance will be the end of us all. We have been number one on the world stage for so long they believe our status can't change. When you feel the ground start shaking most people think earth quake. A 12 percent stock market correction, threats of a downgrade, and the coming 25 trillion dollar debt looming close enough to touch means nothing to these guys.

The market correction happens now, wiping out RV's and everybody else's savings and pensions. I still want to be around when you Obama defenders rise to speak when that comes to pass. Next, the presidential correction of 2012 happens, when all the of the Kesian KOOKOOs get voted out. :rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:Thumbs: Well said. Obama and this current Congress is delivering heavy damage to our economy with their every action. Obama's promises of even more big spending programs and higher taxes makes me believe even more strongly that he is on a mission to intentionally destroy our capitalist system so his Marxist buddies can rebuild it into something else from scratch. Why else would he open his mouth and spook the markets immediately after signing a bill that was supposedly to cut spending?
The Senate approved the house bill. Disaster averted for another month
nky Wrote:The Senate approved the house bill. Disaster averted for another month

^Sorry nky, I didn't mean to quote you.
Like most college profs, he loves the sound of his own voice, so much so he can never shut up. Ever the perpetual lecturer, the web is literally saturated, with so many damning and self incrimating lies, fingers of blame and liberal nonsense spoken by him, it's a veritable fools gold mine of evidence. In fact, so many of his rediculous promises and rhetoric abound the real problem will be what to choose to use against him. Just l saw where he said soon after his inauguration that if his financial policies haven't seen significant success after 3 years he would be a one-term president. Guess what, a little over 2 and 1/2 years and you've not only ruined our economy with the guarantee of a 25 trillion national debt but, now the WORLD market place is reeling from the effects of his leadership. He's outta here!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]