Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lex Cath 33 Bell Co 27
NothingTrivial Wrote:Where'd bobcat_dad go, that really looks like the worst missed horse collar I've ever seen.

You don't know the rules. It was a horse collar. All that you have to do is pull someone down from behind. You don't have to grab the back of the shoulder pads.
Amped 88 Wrote:You don't know the rules. It was a horse collar. All that you have to do is pull someone down from behind. You don't have to grab the back of the shoulder pads.

Amped88 is right.
HugyBear Wrote:Don't forget HC will too!Confusedhh:

Were young, you are not. This team will be scary good come the end of the season.
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:Bell County played really well. Lex Cath played even better.
The next time Catholic goes to the mountains I suggest the refs not be from the mountains. The refs were just terrible.
Davenport is really really good

Terrible? If anything they favored you guys. Horse Collar missed, catch out of bounds called in bounds.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Where'd bobcat_dad go, that really looks like the worst missed horse collar I've ever seen.
That there is no horse collar good no call.great pic of it clear as day.
for me the question is where does the left arm grab on the uniform? if it is inside the collar, then it is a penalty which is what the NFHS states is a horse collar tackle, if the players hand is not inside the collar then it should not be a penalty. the NFHS is the rulebook which KHSAA.org states the refs must abide by.

if the refs were so biased towards bell county then why would they not have called that a horse collar? it is close enough to be called that way.

maybe what has happened is that the refs called a fair game with possible missed calls on both sides and we only seem to remember the missed calls that went against our teams.
johnnyt Wrote:for me the question is where does the left arm grab on the uniform? if it is inside the collar, then it is a penalty which is what the NFHS states is a horse collar tackle, if the players hand is not inside the collar then it should not be a penalty. the NFHS is the rulebook which KHSAA.org states the refs must abide by.

if the refs were so biased towards bell county then why would they not have called that a horse collar? it is close enough to be called that way.

maybe what has happened is that the refs called a fair game with possible missed calls on both sides and we only seem to remember the missed calls that went against our teams.

:Clap:
That was not a horse collar. You are allowed to tackle from behind but you are not aloud to put your hand(s) in the shoulder pads, or collar, of a player and bring him down.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Terrible? If anything they favored you guys. Horse Collar missed, catch out of bounds called in bounds.

You're kidding me right? I read on another site that LC had close to 20 flags on them. Bell County had 1... a false start which is an automatic flag. I remember on one of Davenport's TDs your tight end jumping and tackling our linebacker, it went uncalled. Also on LC's first possesion there was an obvious defensive pass interference that went uncalled. There was also many holdings missed, but granted tons are missed everygame, and a couple times where Bolin was hit out of bounds where it could have warrented a late hit, espically on our QB, that didn't get a flag.
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:You're kidding me right? I read on another site that LC had close to 20 flags on them. Bell County had 1... a false start which is an automatic flag. I remember on one of Davenport's TDs your tight end jumping and tackling our linebacker, it went uncalled. Also on LC's first possesion there was an obvious defensive pass interference that went uncalled. There was also many holdings missed, but granted tons are missed everygame, and a couple times where Bolin was hit out of bounds where it could have warrented a late hit, espically on our QB, that didn't get a flag.

20 flags u better watch the game again there wasnt 20 flags throwed on both teams combined and i guess the other site forgot about the penalty for a facemask against bell .they had more than one. what is the name of the other site u read this on?
Why are we discussing the officiating. There were obvious miss calls on both sides. The horse collar, the first down given to Bell County that was clearly short. We can name them one by one. This was the first game for the officials too. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game and great high school football game. Both will go on to have a great season! Good Luck to both!
I agree, give both teams credit. Cath's older, more experienced team pulled it out. It was a great game and certainly exciting. Bell will do nothing but improve from that lose. Goodluck to both teams and stop trying to weaken the game with discussing refs and bad calls!
Cath just should be lucky they will not have to play this team come Nov. Wink If we hung with them in how inexperienced we was in Week 1.
^ And Lex Cath was completely experienced themselves in the first week of the season???