Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle Co.
95.24%
Whitley Co.
4.76%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co. @ Rockcastle Co. 9/2
3wishes Wrote:Rock is 19-1, only loss to Southwestern Pulaski in 1994.

Was that the year that Lee Renfro went off for a billion yards?
LWC Wrote:Was that the year that Lee Renfro went off for a billion yards?

that was homecoming 2004
3wishes Wrote:It is based on your non-district opponents total wins.

ie: If Whitley County won 7 games this year, Russell County would get 7 points. You can only count the teams wins you beat. So the more non-district opponents you beat the more potential points you could get.

:Thumbs:Thanks, sounds reasonable enough.
They wont pull the starters in this game it wont be blowout
Getchapull Wrote:They wont pull the starters in this game it wont be blowout

I assure you, they didn't pull the starters against Russell Co either. They fought to score down to there last 4 and out with 52 seconds to go. Bryant was carrying the ball less on the last drive, but that was only because he was having to come out every couple of plays to catcha breather.
The Rock wont pull the starters
Getchapull Wrote:The Rock wont pull the starters

I see.....duh:concentratetongue:, I was bit slow catching up there. I agree, I think this will actually resemble a football game (unlink The Rock's first two games). Wonder how the heat:devilflam will impact the game?
It will allow for more rotation of players because of heat and cramps prolly
I can assure you that Whitley is not as bad as they showed last week, and they are certainly not Frankfort.

Whitley has played well in two of the last three games against the "Rock" but managed to win all three. I have seen the kid from Rock run the ball and I have seen the kid from Russell run the ball and just as a back I would take the kid from Russell everytime, but as an overall football player I would take the kid from Rock. I think Britt is a little faster and a little more elusive but the kid from Rock will hit you.

Bryant from Whitley will run over, around or through a potential tackler. Once he plays himself into shape he will be a load, and nobody is going to want too big of a dose. Don't forget Whitley rushed for over 350 yards, and Bryant had a bunch of them but Whitley has several other guys who can run the ball. Just by the Whitley runs the ball I just don't see Rock getting a running clock. Rock may win but they won't blow them out.
I think it's a bit harder on the big guys.....probably a bit of advantage to the "speed" teams.
Band of Brothers, Good post but I wont click like on it because I cannot remember if it was the Whitley or Southwester game that had awful officiating.
Band of Brothers,

I can't vouch for any of Whitley's other games, but if you read through this thread you'll see that I agree with you on Bryant from my watching him at the Russell Co game. He doesn't have a lot of speed, but he does make up for it with PLENTY of power. He also showed tremendous heart down the stretch. He was completely exhausted but kept going. He looked like he was ready to fall over and could barely jog on and off the field, but he kept driving through the line for 5-6 yards. He'd definetly have a spot on a my team (not that I have one), just from the effort that he showed. I've seen better FB's, but I've never really seen a better effort than he gave.

I was really impressed with how our defense handled Bryant and would think that if Rock doesn't do something similar that he will have a huge night.

I also agree with the fact Whitley has other offensive weapons in the run game. I don't think the coach used them enough. I would have done a bit of reversal: going speed-speed-power rather than power-power-power-power-speed.

However, Whitley's defense broke down after the first half. I'm sure a lot of this was mental after having come up short on offense a couple of times and then Russell Co. coming out after the half and scoring so quick.

I don't think you can even begin to compare Bryant and Nick Britt (two completely different styles).

As to the running clock.....the clock won't stop much as long as Whitley has the ball, and I don't expect Rock to have enough possessions to put up 45 for a third straight week.
LWC Wrote:Band of Brothers, Good post but I wont click like on it because I cannot remember if it was the Whitley or Southwester game that had awful officiating.

It was at Whitley, but, it wasn't a homer group of officials backing Whitley. Those officials that night were from Middlesboro as it turned out. Whitley County had nothing to do with that dog's butt group of officials being there and it wasn't their fault that they stunk....and from what I understand, Rockcastle will not have to see them(the officials) again.....ever.:gtfo: The absolute worst group that I've seen in football at any level including pee wee in Berea were the rules would change mid game. (I've seen worse in basketball in middle school:flushSmile Even worse than the Lexington group of officials that were at the Rock/Bell game at Bell during the playoffs in 2008. I lost my voice raising hell with both sets. (I can show my ignorant rear end every so often:eyeroll::insaneSmile
^Never said it was homer refs, but you are right, they were awful.
LWC Wrote:^Never said it was homer refs, but you are right, they were awful.

Yeah...I know LWC that you didn't say that. I just wanted anyone on here from Whitley to know that I wasn't accusing Whitley of a set up or something with that group of goofs. Those guys were just making bad call after bad call and 90 percent of them were against us. I've never left a game so angry before.:ChairHit:
papagrit Wrote:Yeah...I know LWC that you didn't say that. I just wanted anyone on here from Whitley to know that I wasn't accusing Whitley of a set up or something with that group of goofs. Those guys were just making bad call after bad call and 90 percent of them were against us. I've never left a game so angry before.:ChairHit:
When was this game with terrible officiating? Just curious if I was there or not.
colonel4life Wrote:When was this game with terrible officiating? Just curious if I was there or not.

It was the Rockcastle vs. Whitley game at Whitley last year. There were pass interference calls that weren't...Pass interference calls that should have been. Holding calls that weren't...etc....etc. I watched the game film to confirm what I had seen. Those guys were just plain awful. There was a call or two against Whitley that wasn't right as well. But, the majority of the stuff was incredibly one sided.:Sad04: Anyway, that was last year and long gone past. I just hope I never have to witness officiating like that again. Gonna be a hot one tonight and me and mamagrit are getting ready to leave to claim our "perch" at the game. Hope to see you all there and good luck to both teams. May nobody get injured tonight and the officiating be straight up.:rockon:TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho