Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 40 - Clay County 6
Clay should be 2-1. They have plenty of skill people. Dezarn is still a very good runner. Corum and Carr both have great speed. The entire offensive line returns from last year. They did lose Horton, but whose fault is that. Coach Roark made no attempt to even talk to him, so he went back to Leslie. There is no way we should have lost to Garrard and Marion.
It appears to me that Coach Roark has no plans to be around for another year, if he did he would be making a change at QB or we will be in the same position again next year. Nothing against the current QB, but it is a a lot to ask a kid that is a senior and never played a down of high school football to come in and play QB. At least if you move to one of the younger kids now, he will have experience for next year.
Another issue seems to be the coach's relationship with the players. He has made no attempt to bond with them. They don't know him enough to respect him. He does not even ride the bus with them.
Everyone says we have a brutal schedule, I will agree that after next week we do , but other than JCC, 3 of first 4 games were scheduled to be easy wins.
nedreader Wrote:I really believe that Clay's athletic programs began to suffer(not immediately) when the Middle school opened in '91. Before, you had all elementary schools with football and basketball teams through 8th grade. Now, kids are "weeded" out earlier due to having the middle school football & basketball teams instead of 10 elementary teams. Conversely, I think that's part of the reason baseball has taken off in Clay. Before the middle school opened you had a virtually non-existent 13-14 yr. old baseball league in Clay Co. Now, you have organized 7th and 8th grade teams. Does this make sense to anyone?

Interesting! That makes a lot of sense to me. I would love to see a study on this theory.
nedreader Wrote:I really believe that Clay's athletic programs began to suffer(not immediately) when the Middle school opened in '91. Before, you had all elementary schools with football and basketball teams through 8th grade. Now, kids are "weeded" out earlier due to having the middle school football & basketball teams instead of 10 elementary teams. Conversely, I think that's part of the reason baseball has taken off in Clay. Before the middle school opened you had a virtually non-existent 13-14 yr. old baseball league in Clay Co. Now, you have organized 7th and 8th grade teams. Does this make sense to anyone?

The exact opposite happened at Johnson Central when our middle school opened.
Diogenes Wrote:The exact opposite happened at Johnson Central when our middle school opened.

Who does the Johnson Central middle school team play? Just wondering if the competition have anything to do with the development.
I went to the games at Clay Co this weekend. One quick observation: While smoking is prohibited on most high school campuses, I think it must be mandatory at Clay County. I have never seen so many people smoking in one place in my life.
Congrats JC
rojas Wrote:I went to the games at Clay Co this weekend. One quick observation: While smoking is prohibited on most high school campuses, I think it must be mandatory at Clay County. I have never seen so many people smoking in one place in my life.

Well, since Clay had less than 25% of the crowd, it must be just as rampant or more so in the other 3 communities also.
Congrats JC. Anyone got the count down to the record totals?
I am finally watching this one now and as the score indicates this one was total beat down by Central.
Clay County does have some hogs on the line but and it looked like they had some decent speed but overall I think they are a long way off from competing against teams like Central.
good win