Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 32 Russell 14
Final.
Called this one. Congrats Tomcats.
Ashland has a nice team and Hunter is very good the Cats posed alot of matchup problems for us tonight but the game could have been alot closer had the devils cashed in on a couple of chances early like the for certain pick 6 that would have put us up 14-0 with all the momentum not saying we wold have won but believe it would have been a different game.The devils will be fine and should win out they wont play aanyone equal to Ironton or Ashland untill the semis against belfry..,Congrats Cats you got a nice club to bad you gotta play Highlands.....
Congratulations to Ashland on a fine win. Ashland is the real deal and has many weapons on Offense. Russell just could not defend the pass. Russell did have several opportunities to change the game momentum but it did not work out.
congrats to Ashland
Can u say 4 in a row!
Russell looked much improved though. Should win out...
Kinda disappointed in #40 for Russell thought he wouldve been more of a force in the game never really saw him get in the flow. Spradlin an Hayes looked to be the biggest bright spots for Russell. Ashland can't get away from the slow starts??? That's is something I don't understand? Still we are improving nice solid defense cept for that first drive? Lots of big HITS from the cats tonight. Massey got the ball a total of about 3 or 4 times had an electrifying 67 yard touchdown run couple more touches An probably broke 100 total yards! Good to see #35 Cody watts an #15 Logan salow off the injured list an
playing well tonight.
Great job TOMCATS!!!:ChairHit:

Bring on them tigers!
This game sounded to be not as close as the score ended up.
^Russell hung a late one on the JV. Cats Could of had at least one more an Russell wouldn't have got that late one.
Russell had some opportunities to make this game alot closer. A couple of dropsvthat were sure TDs. The one on what should have been a pick six was a real game changer. Instead of going up 14-0, Hunter hits Withrow on 4th and 8 for a TD and an 8-7 lead for the Kitty Cats.

Withrow is game changer. He really makes that offense. Ashland is good.

Hard hitting game by both teams. Badcat, Gotta disagree with you on Davidson. I thought he played a very good defensive game at DE and LB. He also had some pancake blocks from his Tightend position. I saw him absolutely roll #60.
Congrats Cats, they left no doubt in this one
The last score both teams had their jv in
FBALL Wrote:Russell had some opportunities to make this game alot closer. A couple of dropsvthat were sure TDs. The one on what should have been a pick six was a real game changer. Instead of going up 14-0, Hunter hits Withrow on 4th and 8 for a TD and an 8-7 lead for the Kitty Cats.

Withrow is game changer. He really makes that offense. Ashland is good.

Hard hitting game by both teams. Badcat, Gotta disagree with you on Davidson. I thought he played a very good defensive game at DE and LB. He also had some pancake blocks from his Tightend position. I saw him absolutely roll #60.

Got a shot on Justice?? He Better mark that one down then, he's usually dishing out the big hits from that MLB position! One pancake block I saw was #30 whetsels crackback block on #10? (I think) made the point after highlight reel. In middle of the field 4 quarter! Wow!!! Big hit!
I don't know about Davidson, just didn't seem to make the big plays I thought he would?? IMO.
Yes it was the middle LB.

Whetsels crackback was on #2 Huffine I think.
FBALL Wrote:Yes it was the middle LB.

Whetsels crackback was on #2 Huffine I think.

May have been? he hit him so hard made me forget! Lol
Love those crackbacks. I know dehoff took a shot on another one downfield. He got blind sided and lit up.
FBALL Wrote:Love those crackbacks. I know dehoff took a shot on another one downfield. He got blind sided and lit up.

Yea gotta love'em!! Especially giving one, there was alot of big hits in that game!
I actually think some very good things will come out of this game for Russell. They have actually become a better team this year than they have at this same time in the past 4 years. I feel that our pass defense is starting to click at this point. We had the opportunity to pick Hunter off two times. Withrow is the real deal and the best wide out that I have seen at this level. Not many are going to be able to defend him.

Davidson: I think he was not even close to 100% last night. I think he has a knee problem and it showed on his pass routes. He is a very good blocker.

Kennedy: This kidd has come a long way. He never takes a play off and in my view by playoff time he will be well known as a very hard hitter.

I look forward to a great season and a long run into the playoffs.
Congrats to Tomcats. Russell started off very well moving the ball up the gut, kudos to Spardlin, and showed improvement. But Ashland adjusted and that hole was closed. Devils had a chance to go up with a few dropped picks. But the weakness in the secondary showed. With Gogie's arm and ability to run or throw. Why not use the big targets of Davidson, Pennington, Dehoff and let Gogie throw the pigskin. But no we wait till third down and then in a panic with no success???????? Russell has the talent in this Sr & Jr class. But needs to be used in the right way?????? Devils will be fine the rest of the season until Mason Co. and then we will see. Players, you have to find that fire all by yourselves and leave it on the field every game.
Another Kudos to Tyler Bevis, Ironton & Ashland game, he has been getting in on every play in some form or fashion. Keep the fire burning.:devilflam
I have to say congrats to the TOMCATS on the win, but I also have to say that yes they have the talent that they can put up 50+ points on just about anybody but stupid mistakes (like fumbles) have stopped them so far. I believe that if they stop that they will be very fun to watch (not that they aren't already). With that said I was impressed with all the hitting that was going on. But I would have to disagree with some of the statements about Davidson, I don't know if it was because he may have been injured or what but he DID NOT impress me that much last night like he did last year, he just seemed to be running routes like half speed and all (just like Randy Moss would do when he played). But if he is fighting an injury then that would explain some of his routes. But I believe that Russell will be OK and they SHOULD be able to win out.
Devils better learn how to defend the spread offense and tackle in space or they won't win out. They are better than last year but, they struggle against a spread offense team.
RAMBAIT Wrote:Devils better learn how to defend the spread offense and tackle in space or they won't win out. They are better than last year but, they struggle against a spread offense team.

Tackling really wasn't too bad. Missed some opportunities and got beat deep a couple of times but the defense wasn't terrible. I believe your Ams got abused much worse by the Kittens than my Evils.
Raceland Russell game will be decided up front. One big brother down....One to go.
RAMBAIT Wrote:Raceland Russell game will be decided up front. One big brother down....One to go.

Think I'll take Russell in that one.
RAMBAIT Wrote:Raceland Russell game will be decided up front. One big brother down....One to go.
Who is the other one?
The evils!!
BADCAT74 Wrote:Think I'll take Russell in that one.

I bet you would've last year too.
RAMBAIT Wrote:The evils!!

I'll be standing beside you when the Evils burn the Ams. Save my parking space and I'll do the FIRST DOWNS.
RAMBAIT Wrote:I bet you would've last year too.

Nope, Russell looked like they couldn't tie there own shoes this time last year. About like Raceland did against Ashland last couple. But Russell looked pretty good overall had some fire to them this year I just think they'll get the win over Raceland.
Congrats Ashland
Jeepman Wrote:I actually think some very good things will come out of this game for Russell. They have actually become a better team this year than they have at this same time in the past 4 years. I feel that our pass defense is starting to click at this point. We had the opportunity to pick Hunter off two times. Withrow is the real deal and the best wide out that I have seen at this level. Not many are going to be able to defend him.

Davidson: I think he was not even close to 100% last night. I think he has a knee problem and it showed on his pass routes. He is a very good blocker.

Kennedy: This kidd has come a long way. He never takes a play off and in my view by playoff time he will be well known as a very hard hitter.

I look forward to a great season and a long run into the playoffs.

Bevis: This kid is small but plays with a lot of heart, makes a lot of plays along the line