Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owners baffled by theft of 50-foot-long Pa. bridge
A 50-foot-long bridge in western Pennsylvania has been stolen, and its owners say they're baffled by the crime and have no idea who took it.

New Castle Development spokesman Gary Bruce said Friday that he "couldn't believe it when they told me it was gone."

A state police report says the 20-foot-wide span in North Beaver Township went missing between Sept. 27 and Wednesday.

The bridge was made out of corrugated steel and valued at about $100,000. Thieves used a blowtorch to cut it apart, presumably to sell it for scrap metal.

The bridge was used occasionally as a back entrance to the company property. It's in the woods along a railroad line about 60 miles north of Pittsburgh.

Bruce says he doubts the company can replace the bridge.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...z1aWvQFbw8
No worse than all these hillbillys stealing power lines...lol.! BUT, a bridge is funny!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Very strange. What would they do with it I wonder?
psst.................. hey buddy want to buy a bridge?
^ LOL, I can see this in a back yard in North East Ohio!
Only thing I can think of them getting out of it is scrap metal - or money for the metal, steel, etc.
^ I'd say that's exactly it, but what do you think the scrap yard is going to do when someone shows up with a BRIDGE.....
^
They melt it down before then
There are laws that say junk yards cant take melted metal here in Ky.
But they still do anyways.
^ Lol, Gotcha, that makes sense then