Poll: Should SK forfeit first round playoff games
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
24.00%
No
76.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should SK save face and forfeit first round of playoffs?
hop24 Wrote:Guess you need to get out a little more. Lindsey Wilson an all girls school?? Not everyone knows that correct?:thatsfunn
Hate to see the kids that play basketball go thru this with a chance of getting hurt, especially when the coach is to dam stubborn to change his offense to suit his players best chances of winning or even to protect themselves. Hate to see the seniors go out like this. No knock on Dixie but there D-Line has struggled all year to EVERY team. SK's(that's Simon Kenton for those of you with very short attention spansConfusednickerSmile O-Line made them look like the 85 Bears Defense. You have a QB that is barely 15 and a line that can't pass block whatsoever, Hmmmm put him in shotgun 90% of the time. Sounds like a recipe for sucess?? After seeing every game this year and knowing the injury situation I would save face and not play Trinity. Would love to see the A.D. (Athletic Director for the guy above) look into hiring a different football coach, but i'm not gonna hold my breath. Having players like C. Lawrence and M. Simpson can really make a coach look good. They usually come around once in a lifetime. Check his record before and keep track of it after.
way to stay positive
hop24 Wrote:Can't even believe a joker would have a Bufalo Avatar, guess your either from there or just a bumkin who's jumpin on that bandwagon. PS send NKY your crappy team and well let you play one of our lesser teams and stomp you!Trinity has no business playing in state playoff system.
why doesn't Trinity belong? They WON the games to earn their way in
neerfan Wrote:We can not blame coach for all this. Most of the players do not have their hearts in the game like the last two classes had. The last two senior groups took it to heart when they lost a game, they did not go out and party it up after a lose, they went home with tears in their eyes and tried to figure out what happened. They took the game serious. You can not say it was because of Simpson or Lawrence alone. They would not have been able to accomplish what they did without the rest of the talent or dedication of the other players on the field. Coach is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. Chad was barley 15 when he started on varsity also and he was an amazing QB. But again without a good center to QB exchange, without the line blocking for him or Miles they would not have been that great. Quite blaming Marksberry and start blaming the players, they need to get in the game with heart and dedication. I heard so many people blaming the coaches Friday night that it made me sick. When they are winning the coaches are the best but when they are losing they coaches are the worst. Really? Why is that? The kids who do have heart in the game need to get on the ones who don't and change things. Plain and simple the coaches are dedicated and don't do this for the money. Until you have been in their shoes you should not judge them.
That says alot about the attitude of the team.
No team should ever forfeit a playoff game... That just shows weakness in the program and no faith from the coaches in there team. I know they will prolly get beat BAD but have some respect for the team, fans and alumni and just play the game.
neerfan Wrote:You are correct stardust. Very frustrated. This was only put on here to stir the pot. I would not want them to forfeit. Just wanted to stir people up.:biglmao:

Read above please.

We can not blame coach for all this. Most of the players do not have their hearts in the game like the last two classes had. The last two senior groups took it to heart when they lost a game, they did not go out and party it up after a lose, they went home with tears in their eyes and tried to figure out what happened. They took the game serious. You can not say it was because of Simpson or Lawrence alone. They would not have been able to accomplish what they did without the rest of the talent or dedication of the other players on the field. Coach is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. Chad was barley 15 when he started on varsity also and he was an amazing QB. But again without a good center to QB exchange, without the line blocking for him or Miles they would not have been that great. Quite blaming Marksberry and start blaming the players, they need to get in the game with heart and dedication. I heard so many people blaming the coaches Friday night that it made me sick. When they are winning the coaches are the best but when they are losing they coaches are the worst. Really? Why is that? The kids who do have heart in the game need to get on the ones who don't and change things. Plain and simple the coaches are dedicated and don't do this for the money. Until you have been in their shoes you should not judge them.

Quit watching on your radio and come out to a game and see for yourself. As far as kids partying, hell coach don't seem to mind with some of the incidents that has happened and how he handled them this year. Don't think this is the proper forum to discuss them.There were incidents the last few years that just got swept under the rug, so don't go saying they were a bunch of angels. QB now and Chad are 2 different kind of QB's. BTW the line last year wasn't much better, Chad had the ability to scramble out of messes. I guess you should LISTEN TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE. Most of the time a lot of people's opinions are more meaningful than one.