Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst NBA team of All-Time
2011-2012 L.A. Lakers.
^ Add the Boston Celtics.

I never saw the '73 Sixers, but I saw the '93 Mavericks. That team was Gawd-Awful
1973 Philadelphia 76ers, and it's not close.

The only other team off the top of my head I can think of is the Denver nuggets around 96 or 97, who went 11-71 in the regular season.
What about 2011 Cavs?
WideRight05 Wrote:1973 Philadelphia 76ers, and it's not close.

The only other team off the top of my head I can think of is the Denver nuggets around 96 or 97, who went 11-71 in the regular season.

I give the 76ers a pass. There were only 16 teams in the NBA then, so its hard to be good against a league of very good teams. In 93, we had 30 teams, and most of them BAD. Yet, the Mavericks couldn't even beat the watered down BAD teams in the league
Worst NBA team of all time were the 73 Philadelphia 76ers.

Worst NBA team I've ever seen were the 92-93 Dallas Mavericks.
The Atlanta Hawks in the early 2000's, before Joe Johnson got there, were absolutely terrible. Didn't they have a season where they only won 9 games or something like that?
^ They had some bad years getting only in the 20's and 30's in wins in the early 2000's. However, in 2005 they were 13-69. Not a good year for the Hawks. That's when things really started to turn around there. And they weren't really lacking talent during that stretch in the early 2000's either, they actually had some decent players. They just never did put it together.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ They had some bad years getting only in the 20's and 30's in wins in the early 2000's. However, in 2005 they were 13-69. Not a good year for the Hawks. That's when things really started to turn around there. And they weren't really lacking talent during that stretch in the early 2000's either, they actually had some decent players. They just never did put it together.

As far as talent goes, you're absolutely right, that Hawks team probably isn't the worst ever. I think Josh Smith was a rookie the season they went 13-69.