Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Defensive Play in 2004?
Best defensive play you witnessed in the 04' season?? Mine would have to be when P-burg played against Breathitt Co. in the playoffs and Breathitt was getting ready to score and Hundley tried a screen pass and Billy Joe Hicks of Prestonsburg intercepted it and ran it 70 some yards the other way before being dragged down from behind. That play got the momentum in P-burgs favor and enabled them to win that game.
Im going to have to go with the whole OT defensive stand by the Panthers against Williamsburg for the region title
liveMAROON Wrote:Im going to have to go with the whole OT defensive stand by the Panthers against Williamsburg for the region title

i agree
David Jones hit against Russel right on the goal line and the guy fumbled and Belfry recovered...That play changed the game totally
The craziest play I saw happened when Pike Central played Betsy Layne.

The BL qb took the snap and dropped about 5 or 6 steps, then a Pike Central defender #65 blitzed and was running down the qb. Well the pcc player grabbed the back of the BL player's jersey and started to pull him down. In this process the qb lost the ball and Pike Central recovered. But the ref said the qb was passing the ball, but they spotted the ball where the pcc player fell on it..

So the play ended up being an incomplete pass for a loss of 10-15 yds. I personally didn't know this was possible.
that was a very good defensive play by billy joe best ive evr seen in highschool football
Stunt101 Wrote:David Jones hit against Russel right on the goal line and the guy fumbled and Belfry recovered...That play changed the game totally

I agree......Along with Doug Howard's 3 tackles out of 4 plays in OT during the first Belfry P-Burg game. Guess who made the other tackle?.....David Jones
I would have to say the pick by Brett Gibson that was returned for a touchdownin the Somerset-Pikeville playoff game.
Sasquatch72 Wrote:I would have to say the pick by Brett Gibson that was returned for a touchdownin the Somerset-Pikeville playoff game.

Gibson never returned a pick for a TD....he always got within the 5, and was tackled...
accually he did in the somerset game, check the film i watchewd it yesterday
Hicks interception was very impressive. Also the interception by Howard against P-burg returned for a TD.
liveMAROON Wrote:Im going to have to go with the whole OT defensive stand by the Panthers against Williamsburg for the region title

I totally agree
pantherman Wrote:

I totally agree
Yeah...that GREAT 3rd down play when Jesse left the guy WIDE open...he just dropped the ball at the goal line Big Grin
Fleming neon...it was Tyler Carters first try at starting middle linebacker.......Picked it off and returned it all the way breaking like 2 tackles and making the moves of a D-back....unfortunately it was called back...still nice tho
Regional championship belfry and p-burg at the goal line p-burg getting rady to school and the pirtaes stoped them that changed the whole game for the pirates
Pike Central was playing SV in the 3rd OT and was up 8.
1st and 10-SV runs for a gain of 8. tackled
2nd and 2(goal)-SV runs, tackled by Logan Clark
3rd and 2(goal)-SV runs, takled by Logan Clark
4th and 1(goal)-SV runs, whole line has back, but he is getting ready to fall over goalline, then out of nowhere Logan Clark stops him.

I think this was a great defensive stand by Logan Clark, especially in the 3rd OT, he was tired.