Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWII Veteran says nobody helped him after he was carjacked
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/26/wwi...=obnetwork

Quote:DETROIT – A World War II veteran said nobody helped him in the minutes after he was attacked and carjacked during daylight at a busy Detroit gas station and he had to crawl across a concrete parking lot to get help.

A roughly four-minute surveillance video shows 86-year-old Aaron Brantley struggling to get from the fuel pump to the gas station's door as people walked and drove by him Wednesday morning. The video was first obtained by the Detroit Free Press.

"I'm crawling and trying to get in the filing station. [People] just walking right by me and going on in the filling station there ... If I saw somebody crawling like that on the ground, I would have stopped myself," Brantley told myFOXdetroit.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/26/wwi...z1nZ9BhSsz

This pisses me off to no end...not only because he's a vet, but because he's in his 80's. How could anybody NOT help ANYONE on the ground like that?! How could anyone not go after the asshole when he was beating on this old man and jerk him out of that car?! Or at least help the guy?!

How can so many people be like this? What happened to integrity or helping people out that need it? What the hell!?!?

I'd rather get ahold of the people that walked by him like he was scum...I'll show those pieces of shit scum. I'm so mad right now...I wish I could've been there. I'd had rather been shot than to go the rest of my life knowing that I witnessed something like that and was fully capable to help end it but didn't.

What say you about this crap? :insane: :flush:
I agree, Vundy. Detroit may be one of the worst places for incidents like this but it s not much dfferent n the DC area. What really ticks me off here is that peope in the military are discouraged from even wearing their uniforms in public for far that they will become targets. I would like to see the police running sting operations to attract the crazy anti-Americans who walk our streets and make it a priority to deport the non-citizens who would harrass our military personnel for no reason and in case of citizens, prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

It is a disgrace for anybody to have to walk our streets in fear but to have our own military unable to safely walk the streets in uniform sends a very bad message to our enemies. It tells them that they have a large number of potential allies walking among us already.
Nobody cares about their fellow man anymore...
judgementday Wrote:Nobody cares about their fellow man anymore...
Some of us do. This would not happen in a lot of towns in the south...Where all those backward rednecks live. Not one person on this message board would allow this to happen if they seen it. Know what I mean?
^
So true.
No matter Republican or Democrat, around here we all agree that shit like that doesnt happen and nobody help.
Just shows how out of touch these cities and thugs are.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Not one person on this message board would allow this to happen if they seen it. Know what I mean?

I'd like to believe that, but I highly doubt it. Even in the south, we still have those cowardly people that will always put themselves above everyone and everything.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
So true.
No matter Republican or Democrat, around here we all agree that shit like that doesnt happen and nobody help.
Just shows how out of touch these cities and thugs are.

This.......there are too many thugs on the streets
This kind of crap happens everywhere. I don't doubt that's it's more concentrated in Detroit and DC but it happens everywhere.

I've always made it a practice to at least try to help people who are obviously needing it. And I don't mean to toot my own horn, but it's a spiritual thing with me. I believe (and I'm NOT trying to convince anyone else to do this) that God wants us to care enough about another person to WANT to help. It's just part of what I believe I need to do while on earth.

Last night, I left the girl's tournament in Corbin to drive to Lexington. It was late, and I got stopped at Richmond. There were 3 tractor trailors on their sides in the middle of the interstate, and traffic had to go completely off road just to get by. Sooo, I pulled off as soon as I could to see if there were any injured or displaced people. I wanted to help if there were, but just got yelled at by the police. LOL

Thing is, I still believe it was the right thing to do.
^^Yep..

I just think it's the right thing to do...because how can I expect someone to help me out, if I never help anyone else who needs it out? That reminds me of back in January when I was driving back home from North Carolina with my girlfriend at the time...we got to the Elkhorn exit, and there was a guy stuck in the road, outside of his truck trying to push it. She flipped out when I put my signal on, and flipped even more when I told her to shut up and I got out to help. I just don't understand people like that. Yeah, she was tired of being on the road, but I'm the one that was driving the whole way, all she had to do was sit there...and plus, the guy's truck was right in the middle of the road! He could've been hit and killed easily if someone had came through there talking on their phone or messing with their radio.

It's just the right thing to do I think. Like I said, how can I expect someone to stop and help me, if I don't try my best to help anyone who needs it? I was really surprised that my girl was like that..because I never would've thought it of her before. Made me look at her much differently from then on out. Probably explains why we're not together anymore, lol.
I try to think of the person in need as if it were one of my grandchildren, and how much I would appreciate efforts to help. Then, I try to treat the situation like I would want somebody to treat them. I know that's stupid, but still...it's the truth!
Granny Bear Wrote:I try to think of the person in need as if it were one of my grandchildren, and how much I would appreciate efforts to help. Then, I try to treat the situation like I would want somebody to treat them. I know that's stupid, but still...it's the truth!
Not stupid at all.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Not stupid at all.

Exactly, that's not stupid at all GB. That's the kind of people I like.
I just couldnt imagine walking bye anyone thats crawling on the ground in need of help. No matter there situation.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I just couldnt imagine walking bye anyone thats crawling on the ground in need of help. No matter there situation.
I've got a gun on me almost 24/7, the robbers would probably not want me to walk up on something like that.
^^
Me too.
I travel so much alone, Pappy Bear makes me carry one and makes sure I know how to use it.

(OMG that sounds sooo red necked!!)
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Me too.
I travel so much alone, Pappy Bear makes me carry one and makes sure I know how to use it.

(OMG that sounds sooo red necked!!)
Just as your other comment was not stupid, this comment that you carry and know how to use it, certainly is not "rednecked". Exercising your right (2nd amendment) to be an armed citizen is as American as apple pie and baseball. Carry that hog leg with pride.
Lol, definitely not redneck. Rednecks are those people that make sure they let everyone know they have a gun, and that nobody will ever take them away without killing them (even though nobody ever threatens to take their guns away, lol). That's just smart...alot of freaks and weirdo's out there that won't think twice to rob you or do something worse.

Personally, I always just carry my knife. I trust myself with it and I'm pretty good with it. I'm afraid I'd be to quick to shoot someone and lose years of my life for it, lol. Also, I live on post and in the barracks, and we're not aloud to have guns in the barracks, and they make it nearly impossible to get the permits and all that just to keep one in your truck. Plus, it's not a good idea to cross state lines with a pistol...but when I drive home, I do anyway just in case I break down or wreck.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Just as your other comment was not stupid, this comment that you carry and know how to use it, certainly is not "rednecked". Exercising your right (2nd amendment) to be an armed citizen is as American as apple pie and baseball. Carry that hog leg with pride.

Thank you, Skinnypig...twice!!
My hog leg is actually propped up beside the bedroom door.
I carry a Glock...with a carry concealed card. Pap likes his .45!!

(Tell me THAT isn't red necked!!!)
Reminds me of Will Smith in Wild Wild West..."now let's break down that word, red neck..."

Confusednicker:
lol, that is awesome. Coolest grandma ever.