GIRLS Co-PLAYERS OF THE YEAR: Peyton Wright – Owsley Co

Kendall Noble – Perry Co Central

REGION 15

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Kiana Hall – South Floyd

RUNNER UP: Leaha Vanhoose - Paintsville

REGION 16

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Kayla Day - Fairview

RUNNER UP: Mikal Farris – Ashland
Congrats to all the girls from all the Regions.
Peyton Wright couldnt even start for Perry County Central. Theres no comparing her to Kendall Noble. What a joke.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Peyton Wright couldnt even start for Perry County Central. Theres no comparing her to Kendall Noble. What a joke.

Which username would you like for me to shut down, do you want me to shut down your other account? And that is NO JOKE!
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Peyton Wright couldnt even start for Perry County Central. Theres no comparing her to Kendall Noble. What a joke.

This is probably true, because if she could, I'm sure she would have been recruited. lol
Congrats to all the ladies.

I guess its like Skip says on First Take, maybe some people didn't vote for Noble for the same reason some people won't vote for Lebron. She teamed up with some all-stars.

Both girls are great players... Congrats
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:Which username would you like for me to shut down, do you want me to shut down your other account? And that is NO JOKE!

So it's ok fo you and a few other moderators say whatever they want, but woe be on some one who says something against what you post.YOU are the joke , so go ahead and shut my account down...what used to be the best sports board around is now the at the bottom because of moderators like you, the language (and mostly by so called adults), and other things.:eyeroll: I concur with johnny ringo. So adios great moderator!:flush:
DR. E. VILLE Wrote:REGION 1

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Haley Armstrong - Murray

RUNNER UP: Taylor Futrell – Calloway Co

REGION 2

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Christy Soldo - Hopkinsville

RUNNER UP: Aneta Sloma – Livingston Central

REGION 3

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Kelsea Wilson – Grayson Co

RUNNER UP: Julie Whitfill – Daviess Co

REGION 4

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Caylan Bybee – Monroe Co

RUNNER UP: Molly Lamb - Greenwood

REGION 5

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Micah Jones – Green Co

RUNNER UP: Bre Elder – Marion Co

REGION 6

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Christine Roush - Mercy

RUNNER UP: MacKenzie Martinez - Butler

REGION 7

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: April Wilson – DuPont Manual

RUNNER UP: Kara Wright – DuPont Manual

REGION 8

GIRLS Co- PLAYERS OF THE YEAR: Rianna Gayheart – Owen Co

Jasmine Whitfield – South Oldham

REGION 9

GIRLS Co-PLAYERS OF THE YEAR: Sydney Moss – Boone Co

Jenna Crittendon - Ryle
REGION 10

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Sara Stricklin – Bracken Co

RUNNER UP: Taylor Stinson – Covington Scott
REGION 11

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Ashley Mayes – Franklin Co

Kristen Jacob – Lexington Christian

REGION 12

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Megan Pittman – Casey Co

RUNNER UP: Savannah Taylor – Mercer Co

REGION 13

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: - Miranda Davenport – Harlan Co Central

RUNNER UP: Alisha Mitchell – Clay Co

REGION 14

GIRLS Co-PLAYERS OF THE YEAR: Peyton Wright – Owsley Co

Kendall Noble – Perry Co Central

REGION 15

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Kiana Hall – South Floyd

RUNNER UP: Leaha Vanhoose - Paintsville

REGION 16

GIRLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Kayla Day - Fairview

RUNNER UP: Mikal Farris – Ashland

:hilarious:
Shut down both of them prick. I dont like this stupid ass board anyway. I'll go back to bluegrass preps.
Congrats to all!
And I never said Peyton Wright wasnt any good. She is a good player but not the same Caliber as Kendall Noble. Kendall is the only true player of the year in our region. Thats just how I feel.
These region player of the years are full of complete jokes every year on both the boys and girls side.
Noble should have been the 14th hands down.
Mitchell or Mullins should have been the 13ths hands down.

Rarely does the best player get mentioned because of stupid voters.
I have to disagree with the picks in the 15th. I would go with Taylor Porter from Lawrence County, then either Jamie Castle of Magoffin, or Rachel Potter of Pikeville, or Leeza Mullins from Valley...
ForearmShiver Wrote:I have to disagree with the picks in the 15th. I would go with Taylor Porter from Lawrence County, then either Jamie Castle of Magoffin, or Rachel Potter of Pikeville, or Leeza Mullins from Valley...

I'm not sure, but I think they have to be seniors and none of these players are seniors. I personally think that you should look at how that players team did also. There are some good players out there that play team ball, score less points, their team has a winning record and play deep into the tournament. And some teams have players that score a lot of points, don't share the ball, have losing records and are one and done. My point is that it is not all about scoring points.
Where did you get this info.? I saw the results of the 13th Region Coaches voting and that is not what was on it.
Mullins was voted PoY in the 13th by the coaches. Morris was runner-up.
These are the POY's voted by the coaches who are members of the KABC. They have to be seniors and are recognized on friday at the sweet 16 in Bowling Green. They also can play in the East/West all-star game there on saturday. Different from POY's voted by all the regional coaches, they do not have to be seniors.
Day had a great year, but the POY should have went to someone from Blazer. They went undefeated in the region and had lots of girls who sacrificed individual stats in order for the team to prosper.
Stardust Wrote:Which username would you like for me to shut down, do you want me to shut down your other account? And that is NO JOKE!

LOL.

While I think this is hilarious SD. I gotta give warmachine credit, hes right.
Captain Crook Wrote:So it's ok fo you and a few other moderators say whatever they want, but woe be on some one who says something against what you post.YOU are the joke , so go ahead and shut my account down...what used to be the best sports board around is now the at the bottom because of moderators like you, the language (and mostly by so called adults), and other things.:eyeroll: I concur with johnny ringo. So adios great moderator!:flush:

You;re on a lake and still cant spell.

Congrats!!
This is a nice list of well deserved POY's. I get it that some of you think the coaches in their region got it worng but now that you have said you peace about it, it is time to move on with your life.
t4p3r8 Wrote:I'm not sure, but I think they have to be seniors and none of these players are seniors. I personally think that you should look at how that players team did also. There are some good players out there that play team ball, score less points, their team has a winning record and play deep into the tournament. And some teams have players that score a lot of points, don't share the ball, have losing records and are one and done. My point is that it is not all about scoring points.
Oh, didn't know that. I quess that's why they didn't ask for my vote.
t4p3r8 Wrote:I'm not sure, but I think they have to be seniors and none of these players are seniors. I personally think that you should look at how that players team did also. There are some good players out there that play team ball, score less points, their team has a winning record and play deep into the tournament. And some teams have players that score a lot of points, don't share the ball, have losing records and are one and done. My point is that it is not all about scoring points.

I totally agree with you about how some players are overlooked due to not scoring 20 points a game. Some players may not score 20 points a game but are an all around good basketball player. Some players may score 20 points a game but how did they get those points? Shooting their arm off to get those points, just a great shooter, or doesn't give the ball up? How many points seems to be the importance. Also, I too have to disagree with some of the POY. I don't understand how anyone, especially a coach, could vote for a player who quits on their team in the middle of the season (returns after a few conference games) for player of the year.
We can post if we don't agree, that is our right.
:popcorn:

Peyton Wright would most definitely have started for Perry Central. She's a 5'10 guard who can play any position, with good quickness and ball handling skills.

Wright was about the only player on Owsley's team that the defense had to key on. Noble was surrounded by other all stars and didn't see the double and triple defenses that Wright had to tolerate all year. Wright still averaged around 23 ppg, with double figures in rebounds.
She hurt her ankle late in the season, right after the All A, and then kept tweeking it with nagging injuries throughout the rest of the season. That slowed her a little down the stretch run to finish the season.

To say Wright couldn't have started on PCC's team is ludicrous.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Peyton Wright would most definitely have started for Perry Central. She's a 5'10 guard who can play any position, with good quickness and ball handling skills.

Wright was about the only player on Owsley's team that the defense had to key on. Noble was surrounded by other all stars and didn't see the double and triple defenses that Wright had to tolerate all year. Wright still averaged around 23 ppg, with double figures in rebounds.
She hurt her ankle late in the season, right after the All A, and then kept tweeking it with nagging injuries throughout the rest of the season. That slowed her a little down the stretch run to finish the season.

To say Wright couldn't have started on PCC's team is ludicrous.

Very well stated. It is one thing to state your opinion once about the disapproval of a selection but to come on here and rant then to get on here and get their little digs in is just being childish and they are looking more and more like the idiots we always knew they were.
Nazi mods at it again. Why call out the guy for having multiple accounts? Its not against the rules to have multiple accounts now, but giving up someones identity is. I think your statement is 100 times worse then his.

I swear this is getting to be a joke again. They cleaned this place up, took everyones "power trips" away and said i dont want over policing. everything was great, then slowly but surely its all going back to the same way. I had stopped posting with my 5 accounts, but wanted to get some wrestling info out. I should of just stayed away.
I know their will be at least 3 mods on this quick. Save your time. Im done.