5 Finalist for Miss Kentucky Basketball
Jeanna Crittenden (Ryle)

Sydney Moss (Boone County)

Kendall Noble (Perry County Central)

Jasmine Whitfield (South Oldham)

April Wilson (Manual)

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/09/21024...-miss.html

Winner To Be Announced on April 28 in Louisville
Dave Satterly, game director of the Kentucky-Indiana All-Star Classic, said the Miss Basketball winner will be announced at a dinner on April 28 in Louisville
Who is your pick SD?

They all are good players, I'm hoping Kendall Noble of PCC wins it, If she doesn't, Sydney Moss is my second pick to win it. Moss is a terrific player
Moss, Noble, Wilson have been the only ones I've watched but Moss is probably the most impressive. Pullin for Noble though.
April Wilson (Manual) looked like a pretty good player against Perry Central.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lol Noble doesnt get picked for region player of the year bu has a chance to be states?

I swear those region POY's are complete jokes. Why announce a region player of the year if your not going to give it to the best player?
I think it is April Wilson's to lose now that Moss' team got put out in the 1st round and didn't make it to state last year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree 100A% with you RUN, some of those POY were questionable for sure.
I will be very surprised if Sydney Moss does not win Miss Basketball.
Manual High School’s April Wilson and South Oldham’s Jasmine Whitfield were among five finalists named Friday for Kentucky’s 2012 Miss Basketball award.

The Kentucky Lions Eye Foundation, which sponsors the award, also named Boone County’s Sydney Moss, Ryle’s Jenna Crittendon and Perry County Central’s Kendall Noble as finalists.

The winner will be announced April 28 during a dinner ceremony in Louisville.

The Miss Basketball winner will wear the No. 1 jersey for the Kentucky All-Stars in their annual summer series against the Indiana All-Stars. Games are set for June 8 at Louisville’s Freedom Hall and June 9 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse (formerly Conseco Fieldhouse) in Indianapolis.

Four of the five Miss Basketball finalists already have signed with NCAA Division I schools – Wilson (Purdue), Whitfield (Cincinnati), Moss (Florida) and Crittendon (Xavier). Noble has not signed.

http://saxo.highschoolsports.net/article...ll?Avis=B2
They are all very very good players!! But Moss Should win, she is amazingly athletic.
Obviously, I want Kendall Noble to win but, I would say it's probably going to Sydney Moss.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I think the two players really in the running are Moss and Wilson. Manual coach Stacy Pendelton pushed that Wilson won the award with her performance in the championship game, as one would expect him to do.

But I don't think the award should go to the player who is the leader for the team that wins the championship but rather the best player period. Having seen all the candidates play, I think that is Moss.

A couple of questions to consider in the debate..............if you switch the players, put Moss on Manual's team and Wilson on Boone's team, does Manual still win the title? I think the answer is an obvious "yes", probably even more easily than they did. The other question, is Wilson able to even get Boone to the Sweet Sixteen through the tough ninth region? My answer would be "no".

Taking nothing from Wilson but I think Moss is solidly the better player.
If April Wilson can take Manual to state and win it, then she'll steal some votes from Moss and win it. However, I think Moss is the most talented player in the state. Her game all around is phenomenal. I think she's a top 10 player in NKY, including boys.
Either one of them is worthy
Moss

Team Record....................30-4
Points per Game...............23.3
Rebounds per Game..........10.2
Assists per Game...............4.2
Steals per Game................4.1
Blocks per Game................1.9

Wilson

Team Record....................37-2
Points per Game...............12.8
Rebounds per Game............1.6
Assists per Game................3.1
Steals per Game.................4.6
Blocks per Game.................0.2

Interesting that Moss averaged more assists per game than Wilson who plays the point for Manual.
Moss is a great player - but so is Wilson. Leading her team to a state championship and easily beating the team that Moss's team lost to in the State tourney puts Wilson on top. This isn't about just stats - championships matter more: State Champs, LIT Champs, Republic Bank LexCath Champs.
kyprepfan0622 Wrote:Moss is a great player - but so is Wilson. Leading her team to a state championship and easily beating the team that Moss's team lost to in the State tourney puts Wilson on top. This isn't about just stats - championships matter more: State Champs, LIT Champs, Republic Bank LexCath Champs.

Guess I don't agree with that analysis. The award should go to the best player not to the player that is considered by many as the leader of the best team in the state.

See my thoughts on that in my post above.

I've seen both play, in fact I've seen all the candidates play, if not in person then on film, and for me the decision is a really easy one........Moss is the best.
Pulling for Noble
Who is looking at Noble as far as colleges?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
kyprepfan0622 Wrote:Moss is a great player - but so is Wilson. Leading her team to a state championship and easily beating the team that Moss's team lost to in the State tourney puts Wilson on top. This isn't about just stats - championships matter more: State Champs, LIT Champs, Republic Bank LexCath Champs.

You must really be close to this player Wilson to even mention her name and Sydney Moss in the same sentence. If April Wilson wins Miss Basketball, or any other player over Sydney Moss its the biggest travesty in history. Noble is a better player than Wilson as is Whitfield.