Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasteful projects
What are some the wasteful ways the government is spending money in your area. I have already mentioned the martin flood wall and useless road signs in another thread for my choices.
medicare and mediaid, FEMA, Federal Department of Education, at any local bank, manipulation of Interest Rates, friends getting shipped off to stations in Germany and Great Britian. This is just to name a few
Shipped off? They in the military?

Most of our bases in Germany are necessary in my opinion. Others, not so much.

The military as a whole needs to be overhauled when it comes to how much money we waste. You all would shit yourselves if you could see how much we waste...everything from extra rounds to hand sanitizer.
FEMA? Thats one of the good things i believe this country has.
I see nothing wrong with providing health care for our seniors and mentally challenged.
I wouldnt lose not sleep over knowing my ta dollars are helping them.

Its where the fine line crosses between medicaid and medicare that pisses me off.
I DONT believe we should be giving health care to lazy ass welfar recipients that are starting to make a mockery out of this country.
Hell, theres more and more of those people coming out on tv in the news talking about how proud they are to be worthless.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I see nothing wrong with providing health care for our seniors and mentally challenged.
I wouldnt lose not sleep over knowing my ta dollars are helping them.

Its where the fine line crosses between medicaid and medicare that pisses me off.
I DONT believe we should be giving health care to lazy ass welfar recipients that are starting to make a mockery out of this country.
Hell, theres more and more of those people coming out on tv in the news talking about how proud they are to be worthless.
i'M 57 YEARS OLD I RECENTLY RECIEVED SOCIAL SECURITY DISIBILITY{HEART FAILURE} i AM PAYING MY OWN COBRA INS. I WILL NOT RECEIVE MEDICARE FOR 24 MONTHS, ALTHOUGH I HAVE WORKED SINCE I WAS 16. IF I HAD NEVER WORKED A DAY I WOULD HAVE MEDICAID.
RunItUpTheGut;1420162[B Wrote:]I see nothing wrong with providing health care for our seniors and mentally challenged.
I wouldnt lose not sleep over knowing my ta dollars are helping them.[/B]

I know what area that you live in and lived there many years ago. That lined was crossed where you lived when I was there... have things changed?

I would do away with all PUBLIC programs because of that blurred line. Let the local people figure out who needs help and who doesn't. Let them give to their own charitable organizations for these causes is the stance I take. Then the problem of lines cross never has to exist.

However, I would also put out that if we took out all social programs you are only talking 15% of the budget. Sounds like there might be a bigger elephant in the room such as military spending...but the republicrats know this, but you never hear of it.
the other guy Wrote:i'M 57 YEARS OLD I RECENTLY RECIEVED SOCIAL SECURITY DISIBILITY{HEART FAILURE} i AM PAYING MY OWN COBRA INS. I WILL NOT RECEIVE MEDICARE FOR 24 MONTHS, ALTHOUGH I HAVE WORKED SINCE I WAS 16. IF I HAD NEVER WORKED A DAY I WOULD HAVE MEDICAID.

I am sorry for your troubles.

Have you talked to any private organizations in your area that might be able to help with paying the Cobra Ins... (you don't have to answer that.... and I am not judging, just trying to offer advice on looking for needed assistance).

You will be in my prayers.
tvtimeout Wrote:I know what area that you live in and lived there many years ago. That lined was crossed where you lived when I was there... have things changed?

I would do away with all PUBLIC programs because of that blurred line. Let the local people figure out who needs help and who doesn't. Let them give to their own charitable organizations for these causes is the stance I take. Then the problem of lines cross never has to exist.

However, I would also put out that if we took out all social programs you are only talking 15% of the budget. Sounds like there might be a bigger elephant in the room such as military spending...but the republicrats know this, but you never hear of it.
Your numbers are way off. Social Security and Medicare alone will account for 43 percent of federal spending in FY 2012. Defense spending amounts to 19 percent. Military spending is dwarfed by social welfare spending. Gutting our military capability again is not the answer to what ails this country.
the other guy Wrote:i'M 57 YEARS OLD I RECENTLY RECIEVED SOCIAL SECURITY DISIBILITY{HEART FAILURE} i AM PAYING MY OWN COBRA INS. I WILL NOT RECEIVE MEDICARE FOR 24 MONTHS, ALTHOUGH I HAVE WORKED SINCE I WAS 16. IF I HAD NEVER WORKED A DAY I WOULD HAVE MEDICAID.

Oh trust me, i agree.
I find nothing wrong with people who have worked and paid in their social security, because that is why you do it.
Im not sure if you misunderstood me or not, i cant really tell, but i agree with you 100%.
I have an uncle that had a stroke and had to wait almost 6 months for his disability after working for over 40 years, while had he not ever worked, all the neccessities would have been given to him from day one.

lol, although it would never happen, i truly believe that people on welfare who have no intentions of getting a job should be made to be fixed so that they can never have children.