Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News...what are you watching
I am curious out there, what sources of "news" are you watching?

I watch Bloomberg and CNBC alot... I really enjoy the financial sector. I hardly watch KET does anyone watch this channel?

I also like watching Lou Dobbs as a favorite of mine. I dislike MSNBC and Fox News... one is so far left and the other is so far right... each passing on their agenda.

For an example: Fox News Board of Trustees.... have huge stakes in the oil business, so what does Fox trump up?

Same way if MSNBC...

So where can I watch just to get the facts of the day and form my own opinions on them?
tvtimeout Wrote:I am curious out there, what sources of "news" are you watching?

I watch Bloomberg and CNBC alot... I really enjoy the financial sector. I hardly watch KET does anyone watch this channel?

I also like watching Lou Dobbs as a favorite of mine. I dislike MSNBC and Fox News... one is so far left and the other is so far right... each passing on their agenda.

For an example: Fox News Board of Trustees.... have huge stakes in the oil business, so what does Fox trump up?

Same way if MSNBC...

So where can I watch just to get the facts of the day and form my own opinions on them?

Sadly you won't get unbiased facts anywhere.
I agree... but everywhere I turn I am told to vote for Romney because he is the only that can beat Obama. Remeber I am told by "Fair and Balance"
Fox being "Fair and Balanced" is a joke, and MSNBC is too.

I watch CNN. It's by far the most un-biased in my opinion, and they are also the fastest with breaking news and covering more news. The only thing that pisses me off is that they won't mention our KIA and war in Afghan unless it's negative...but that goes for all of the media really.

I watch some Fox News as well, mostly for the women though. I would love to see a "Miss Fox News" competition, lol. I don't really like Bill O'Reilly, but I watch his show alot. Also like Fox's morning show...so much better than CNN's with that one dumbass blonde on the left...she's so stupid! I get enough stupid with Robin Meade, so unless you look like Robin Meade, I'm not watching!
I don't watch much news on TV. I get most of my news from the web and from radio. I sometimes catch the Sunday morning talk shows depending on who the guests are. I like "The Five" on FNC but it is part news, part entertainment.

The news on FNC has drifted to the left with Shepard Smith's growing role as an anchor. Smith is a liberal one and not very bright to boot. I can't stand the liberal bias of the alphabet networks, including CNN but I do like the business shows on Fox, Fox Business Network, and CNBC.

I would like to see Fox split its news network into two networks - one for political talk shows and the other for hard news. I think that there is a market for a no-nonsense news network and I would like to see some conservatives on TV besides Hannity.
Theres no difference in fox, msnbc, and that stupid Soup show on the E channel.
They only news channel I would ever watch is one that did not include political news. Just current events.
I like the Lou Dobbs show. I did wach fox news a lot but it's grown to one sided. MSNBC is the worst.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Theres no difference in fox, msnbc, and that stupid Soup show on the E channel.
Not true at all. I have my problems with Fox News but Roger Ailles would never assign Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly to anchor a news desk.

In 2008, MSNBC's "political anchors" for campaign coverage were Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman, both far left wing political hacks. Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace are not political hacks and neither are far from the middle politically.

With Cox's acquisition of MSNBC from GE and the departure of Olberman, maybe there is some hope that the network will begin working to bring some credibility to its staff but in the past, the network's management has made no effort separating its news and opinion delivery.

What I don't like about Fox News is the number of one-hour opinion shows that air during the evening. I would like to see them cut in half to allow for more news coverage. I also do not like seeing them employ past and potential future political candidates like Palin and Huckabee. Large law firms do the same thing to gain favor with big name politicians in case they return to power. It's wrong.
I watch a little bit of everything. At least once a week I'll watch shows like Rachel Maddow on MSNBC to see what the "left" is talking about. I'll see almost every day some of Matthews show and some of the Ed Show ( holy cow he's bitter), some of the Fox talking heads, a mix of everyone. Variety is the spice of life.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Not true at all. I have my problems with Fox News but Roger Ailles would never assign Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly to anchor a news desk.

In 2008, MSNBC's "political anchors" for campaign coverage were Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman, both far left wing political hacks. Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace are not political hacks and neither are far from the middle politically.

With Cox's acquisition of MSNBC from GE and the departure of Olberman, maybe there is some hope that the network will begin working to bring some credibility to its staff but in the past, the network's management has made no effort separating its news and opinion delivery.

What I don't like about Fox News is the number of one-hour opinion shows that air during the evening. I would like to see them cut in half to allow for more news coverage. I also do not like seeing them employ past and potential future political candidates like Palin and Huckabee. Large law firms do the same thing to gain favor with big name politicians in case they return to power. It's wrong.

True.
I cant argue with that.