Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Player To come out of Eastern Kentucky
Below average players don't last 13+ seasons in the Majors!!
Peanut's glove, arm and range were great!!!
Thats the thing Guru. Nobody knows why he stayed in the league that long. By the way it was 12 years. Face it P-ville folk, lemaster was terrible....He was a really good player and did much more then i could dream, but compared to the big league players, he was TERRIBLE!
corndog23 Wrote:Thats the thing Guru. Nobody knows why he stayed in the league that long. By the way it was 12 years. Face it P-ville folk, lemaster was terrible....He was a really good player and did much more then i could dream, but compared to the big league players, he was TERRIBLE!
The fact is that he WAS a major league player and not many can say that. I would like to know what your definition of terrible is. I know he might not have a great offensive numbers but being a great player does not mean that offense is the only category to look at. He was compared to Smith and Concepcion during his playing days as a Giant. I don't think either of those were great offensive players either but they were known mostly for their defense. Twelve years in the majors is an honor and he must have been pretty darn good at it to stay that long.
Johnny Lemaster
Eagle Eye Wrote:The fact is that he WAS a major league player and not many can say that. I would like to know what your definition of terrible is. I know he might not have a great offensive numbers but being a great player does not mean that offense is the only category to look at. He was compared to Smith and Concepcion during his playing days as a Giant. I don't think either of those were great offensive players either but they were known mostly for their defense. Twelve years in the majors is an honor and he must have been pretty darn good at it to stay that long.

No offense, but I haven't seen anywhere Lemaster was compared to Smith or Concepcion. In fact, his two errors on opening day at Candlestick Park is still a record!

Lemaster playing for 12 years in the MLB is an impressive feat. However, he was not a very good MLB player. Saying he is the best ever for EKY (and maybe he is) does NOT say alot about players from EKY.
lemaster and blair. ok corndog tiller was good to i can give you that.
Yeh Tiller was good, but not the best form Eastern Kentucky. Best from Sheldon Clark, by far. I will say that if Tiller was around in Lemaster's time he would have been drafted BEFORE Peanut. JMO.